Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Cycling  (Read 859 times)
Branko

Activity: 2422
Merit: 318

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:51:40 PM

I am a single poster and it was clear that I can not compete with merit exchanging groups or friends. And there will be probably also some kind of market for purchasing merits.

When the merit system was introduced, I was one stage prior to reaching Sr Member that requires an activity of 240. Now my activity is 280 and I am still Full Member and probably will forever.

I have seen a lot of shit and and spam posts on this forum without any consequences and as a honest single poster you have now to pay the price for not connected to inside teams!

I totally agree with you..as I was in exactly same position as you prior to merit introduction.
My proposal was to give initial merit proportionally to how close you're to next level (so for
example you and me would get about 240 instead 100) but I was bashed hard by people who,
suprise surprise, made account week or two before you and me and just ranked up got 250 merit

At this rate you and me are set back about 3 years
I have to admit I did not read how this merit system is working. But you have a point here that we were one step to Sr Member and getting 250 merits instead. Now we have the same position like someone who just reached Full Member.

I just see that you have the same Activity like me, even though you already received 16 merits. So how much merits do we need to rank up to Sr Member?

250, so in your case 150 more...at this rate you'll reach it in year 2036...and I'm not joking, I calculated it
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:50:16 AM

So I was interested in how to obtain merit and so I looked at a few profiles of members with a large amount of merits (250+) and saw that a few seemed to be sending merits backwards and forwards to each other repeatedly. I’m assuming they were either to friends or his alts but surely this is against BCT rules and should be cracked down upon?

To be honest, only those who managed bounties and airdrops are the ones who always get merits so I think that the other members thought that it is the only way to get merit because not everyone would spend time to read every posts in a thread.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:01:18 PM

I am a single poster and it was clear that I can not compete with merit exchanging groups or friends. And there will be probably also some kind of market for purchasing merits.

When the merit system was introduced, I was one stage prior to reaching Sr Member that requires an activity of 240. Now my activity is 280 and I am still Full Member and probably will forever.

I have seen a lot of shit and and spam posts on this forum without any consequences and as a honest single poster you have now to pay the price for not connected to inside teams!

I totally agree with you..as I was in exactly same position as you prior to merit introduction.
My proposal was to give initial merit proportionally to how close you're to next level (so for
example you and me would get about 240 instead 100) but I was bashed hard by people who,
suprise surprise, made account week or two before you and me and just ranked up got 250 merit

I have to admit I did not read how this merit system is working. But you have a point here that we were one step to Sr Member and getting 250 merits instead. Now we have the same position like someone who just reached Full Member.

I just see that you have the same Activity like me, even though you already received 16 merits. So how much merits do we need to rank up to Sr Member?

250, so in your case 150 more...at this rate you'll reach it in year 2036...and I'm not joking, I calculated it
At least in some signature campaigns you receive unlike more per week or post if you received 5 merits as Full Member. And in the signature campaign I currently participate the difference between Full Member and Sr Member is only 25%, while I have already seen differences of 50% in other signature campaigns.

We will see if there will be any adjustments in the foreseeable future. As soon as I get 2 merits more, I should be fine for signature campaigns. Smiley
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1018

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:01:00 PM

At least in some signature campaigns you receive unlike more per week or post if you received 5 merits as Full Member. And in the signature campaign I currently participate the difference between Full Member and Sr Member is only 25%, while I have already seen differences of 50% in other signature campaigns.

We will see if there will be any adjustments in the foreseeable future. As soon as I get 2 merits more, I should be fine for signature campaigns. Smiley
One of the examples with those campaigns are handled by yahoo since hes the only one or the first campaign manager who do require merits when it comes on categorizing payment structure on each rank.It do have significant different tier for those who don't have merit and for those who have which is quiet fair to everybody but would really differ into their weekly payment which its normal for those who have merit would receive more than into those who haven't.This is why merit is being abused for sometime because of such requirement.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:11:46 PM

Pretty interesting how people are using this system. I don't like it though, since it seems like this forum has turned into the other forums I hate where people keep on asking for "likes" and "+reps". Seems like that is the case now.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:49:21 PM
Merited by Factmine (2)

Pretty interesting how people are using this system. I don't like it though, since it seems like this forum has turned into the other forums I hate where people keep on asking for "likes" and "+reps". Seems like that is the case now.
It is not the same. People in other forums continually beg and try to ask for votes, likes and reps without anyone really preventing them or the community going against it. Usually it is greatly tolerated in those forums.

From what I've seen around here, it is extremely different because of another factor which is he trust rating system. In case anyone is cause selling, trading, begging or abusing the merit system, the forum community can go against those people by leaving a trust feedback. The best thing to prevent its abuse is when DT members get in the action and leave a proper red trust on those abusers. Like what I've said in a previous post, even if a user has a billion merit points but was tagged red because he was begging, trading or buying merit then it doesn't matter.

I personally dislike the votes, likes and reps system on other forums, but the merit system in addition to the trust rating system will be great in the long run, in my opinion.
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

It is not the same. People in other forums continually beg and try to ask for votes, likes and reps without anyone really preventing them or the community going against it. Usually it is greatly tolerated in those forums.

From what I've seen around here, it is extremely different because of another factor which is he trust rating system. In case anyone is cause selling, trading, begging or abusing the merit system, the forum community can go against those people by leaving a trust feedback. The best thing to prevent its abuse is when DT members get in the action and leave a proper red trust on those abusers. Like what I've said in a previous post, even if a user has a billion merit points but was tagged red because he was begging, trading or buying merit then it doesn't matter.

I personally dislike the votes, likes and reps system on other forums, but the merit system in addition to the trust rating system will be great in the long run, in my opinion.

I guess so. I do hope it does help with the spam problem around here. But generally, I still think it will result to people begging for it indirectly. We'll see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: