Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Richest profession or hobby in the future of bitcoin?  (Read 293 times)
CottonGuy (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Merited by PsylockReborn (2)

Rumors that Binance has been hacked spread that morning after social media users reported seeing their balances at the exchange drained, sold at market rates and converted to viacoin. However, the exchange said its platform was not breached.
 https://www.coindesk.com/funds-safe-binance-denies-crypto-hack-rumors/

Mt. Gox Incident
https://blockonomi.com/mt-gox-hack/
and many more list of bitcoin heists in here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0

With these data that I have posted in here. I think the richest profession or hobby in the future of crypto is hacking. What do you think?

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

It is very difficult to break into the stock exchange. Hackers can look for holes in the security of the exchange for years. This is not a guarantee of success. Hide the stolen coins, then cash out and do not go to prison is also not very easy. I think it's more of a hobby than a stable income.
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:15:41 PM

It is very difficult to break into the stock exchange. Hackers can look for holes in the security of the exchange for years. This is not a guarantee of success. Hide the stolen coins, then cash out and do not go to prison is also not very easy. I think it's more of a hobby than a stable income.

This is not just limited to stock exchange hacking. As we all know there are lots of newbies that would invest large amounts to bitcoins and other alt coins. Those people doesn't even know how to avoid clicking or visiting phishing sites and links.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:20:42 PM

Successful hackers are definitely amongst some of the richest people in the world, at least if money is what they are motivated by. I feel like for many that is not however their motivation.

Binance say they weren't breached as part of a hack but in fact all of the accounts were phished.

Alexandr210774

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:50:04 PM

Rumors that Binance has been hacked spread that morning after social media users reported seeing their balances at the exchange drained, sold at market rates and converted to viacoin. However, the exchange said its platform was not breached.

Mt. Gox Incident
and many more list of bitcoin heists in here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0

With these data that I have posted in here. I think the richest profession or hobby in the future of crypto is hacking. What do you think?

Protection is not ideal, there are holes in security. It will take a long time to find them. If you know how to hack, you can become very rich. Not even hacking the stock exchanges. People will come to you for this. with very big money. This can be the main job.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:27:24 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

It can be called theft actually. It is the richest profession until the stealer is caught and contrary to the anonymity of the blockchain the person can actually be tracked down. In the most cases of hacking the person that hacks has probably the man inside the hacking point, in this case, the exchange which is simplifying the hack attempt for the hacker.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Just look at the Slovenian exchange NiceHash. The major police investigation has taken the part after the hacking and they have already a suspect in the exchange. The hacking can be called the proffesion metaphorically but it is actually a serious theft which can lead to the serious consequences.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:34:53 PM

Profession? Is thievery a profession/hobby? Unless these hackers work against thieves I wouldn't call it a profession or hobby. It can be indeed very profitable if the hacker is skilled, but it never ends well when you take something that doesn't belong to you, there are serious consequences not only on the human law's sphere, but in a superior sphere as well.

Temporarily these thieves can think they are very successful, and they will indeed enjoy this money and their status, but on long term they will surely regret about doing this... Unfortunatelly, I believe in the future virtual crimes will become more common and it will help to spread fear among people when dealing with Crypto-Currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:56:36 PM

Profession? Is thievery a profession/hobby? Unless these hackers work against thieves I wouldn't call it a profession or hobby. It can be indeed very profitable if the hacker is skilled, but it never ends well when you take something that doesn't belong to you, there are serious consequences not only on the human law's sphere, but in a superior sphere as well.

Temporarily these thieves can think they are very successful, and they will indeed enjoy this money and their status, but on long term they will surely regret about doing this... Unfortunatelly, I believe in the future virtual crimes will become more common and it will help to spread fear among people when dealing with Crypto-Currency.

Let's not focus more on the unethical hackers. There are two types of hackers. Ethical and unethical hackers. If you're a white hat (ethical hacker), you can help the government to develop systems to trace or fight against unethical hackers.
https://www.quora.com/Is-hacking-a-profession

Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

Well, it might be. However, this is a difficult task and requires skills and proficiency. It's not also easy to hide the funds that you have stolen since there's a record track where you would move the funds. So, if you will get caught, you will just end up on jail. It might take months or even years before you can access and withdraw your wallet to avoid suspicion.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:21:01 PM

This news has had the effect of crashing BTC market. There has been such amazing sell volumes that I'm starting to suspect that this hack had exactly the main purpose to cause this crash.
As for your question, hacking exchanges has always been a quite lucrative activity for hackers, but in future it may be more and more difficult as decentralized exchanges will become more popular.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:32:36 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

First of all hacking is a hobby but when there is too much money involved it just crooses the line for hacking to be generalized by hobby. It becomes as proffression first of all. NOW crypto currencie exchanges maintain security by seriously so they always keep the algorithm in a different by the time spend. Please note that Btc or block chain basically not getting hacked its a flaws of exchange houses and hacker break into exchanhe houses. Now to understand the relation its so hard to break the code for havker of there is only single person occupied.
So basically its done by a group of syndicated hackers which send numorous error code or signal to API which makes it confuse and hence it got hacked.
So people who are involving with these crimes they are proffessional. And yeas its a rich proffression. But without loving the proffression or works no one get succeeded.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:33:56 PM

Let's not focus more on the unethical hackers. There are two types of hackers. Ethical and unethical hackers. If you're a white hat (ethical hacker), you can help the government to develop systems to trace or fight against unethical hackers.

Thinking from the ethical hackers perspective, it's already a very profitable "profession". Many of these skilled people are already employed in some governments and they are very helpful not only tracking thieves, but spying another nations too. These guys have high status in government's agencies, respect from their countries authorities and a lot of money, but in many cases they can't tell others what their profession is. And the importance of such "workers" in every country is increasing year by year as technology is developed.

However some people will say these hackers are unenthical as well, because some government's tasks aren't so ethical by some points of view... Like when spying people and foreigner nations, for an example.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:37:55 PM

We may already have reached peak hacker, at least in the number of coins nickable. In future exchanges will be run by actual professionals who are held to certain standards. Even today after all this time there are still places like Coincheck that are wide open. That won't happen in future.

Also tracing hackers will become ever more possible as law enforcement techniques become more sophisticated.

The richest people involved in crypto in the future will be exchange owners. No matter what direction the market goes, people still want to swap coins. And I'm not convinced decentralised exchanges will be adopted by Mr. Average for fiat swappage at least.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:40:44 PM

but does Jeff Bezos also plunge into the world of crypto?
does Bill Gates also take part in the world of crypto?
supposedly, if the richest work is from crypto, I think they must be investors in crypto too

CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:23:45 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

First of all hacking is a hobby but when there is too much money involved it just crooses the line for hacking to be generalized by hobby. It becomes as proffression first of all. NOW crypto currencie exchanges maintain security by seriously so they always keep the algorithm in a different by the time spend. Please note that Btc or block chain basically not getting hacked its a flaws of exchange houses and hacker break into exchanhe houses. Now to understand the relation its so hard to break the code for havker of there is only single person occupied.
So basically its done by a group of syndicated hackers which send numorous error code or signal to API which makes it confuse and hence it got hacked.
So people who are involving with these crimes they are proffessional. And yeas its a rich proffression. But without loving the proffression or works no one get succeeded.

Yes, no one can hack blockchain. Maybe with the creation of quantum computers in the future its possible that it can be hacked. Mostly today, the reason why some banks, exchanges,or hodlers were hacked were mostly due to human error.

Thinking from the ethical hackers perspective, it's already a very profitable "profession". Many of these skilled people are already employed in some governments and they are very helpful not only tracking thieves, but spying another nations too. These guys have high status in government's agencies, respect from their countries authorities and a lot of money, but in many cases they can't tell others what their profession is. And the importance of such "workers" in every country is increasing year by year as technology is developed.

However some people will say these hackers are unenthical as well, because some government's tasks aren't so ethical by some points of view... Like when spying people and foreigner nations, for an example.

I agree with you. Even if they are working for the government as an ethical hackers, the mere fact that they are hacking or invading other countries privacy just to get an edge when it comes to war or any future disputes is also considered an unethical act.

We may already have reached peak hacker, at least in the number of coins nickable. In future exchanges will be run by actual professionals who are held to certain standards. Even today after all this time there are still places like Coincheck that are wide open. That won't happen in future.

Also tracing hackers will become ever more possible as law enforcement techniques become more sophisticated.

The richest people involved in crypto in the future will be exchange owners. No matter what direction the market goes, people still want to swap coins. And I'm not convinced decentralised exchanges will be adopted by Mr. Average for fiat swappage at least.

Yes, law enforcement will be tough I agree with that but as we move forward to technology there are many special or talented individuals that are born everyday. So we can't really assure ourselves that hackers will always be caught.

but does Jeff Bezos also plunge into the world of crypto?
does Bill Gates also take part in the world of crypto?
supposedly, if the richest work is from crypto, I think they must be investors in crypto too

There are lots of people that we don't know that are richer than those guys. They just hide their identities to protect their illegal activities and for them to evade taxes. Grin
Crypto is not the only area that you can earn lots of money. There are still many areas where in people are earning tons of money.
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

Why do people love freebies so much?
Although I think if a person in their development reaches the ability to break into exchanges, then he will have ample opportunities to earn
without violating laws.
  I do not see the perspectives of the burglar profession, there are too many risks

CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:59:26 PM

Why do people love freebies so much?
Although I think if a person in their development reaches the ability to break into exchanges, then he will have ample opportunities to earn
without violating laws.
  I do not see the perspectives of the burglar profession, there are too many risks

I guess being a hacker is not an easy job. You said it yourself that burglar profession got so many risks so its not for free. If they get caught they could lose their freedom.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

Yes, hacking will be the best thing to learn if you want to become rich real quick.  Those things you listed were the reasons why bitcoin price dropped.  Bitcoin has always issues and I guess it will not stop.  Big players are happy playing bitcoin as it is the most sought after investment as of the moment. 
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 01:38:42 PM

Mt. Gox Incident

Yes, hacking will be the best thing to learn if you want to become rich real quick.  Those things you listed were the reasons why bitcoin price dropped.  Bitcoin has always issues and I guess it will not stop.  Big players are happy playing bitcoin as it is the most sought after investment as of the moment. 

It's not really bitcoin having some issues. It's obviously human error. Less security when it comes to those unexpected attacks.
Hellas Fos

Activity: 74
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:51:58 PM

Bitcoin Financial Advisor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: