Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins?  (Read 6067 times)
Irfansyed

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:57:06 AM

If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. However, the majority of citizens and institutions like to stay on the right side of the law. So the demand for Bitcoin would plummet if the government decided to ban it. All exchanges in that country would also be shuttered and buying/selling Bitcoin would be difficult and risky. This would suffocate Bitcoin in that country and the government’s objectives might be achieved.
aryatrals

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:58:59 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 01:16:26 PM by aryatrals

Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
impossible, because bitcoin is a borderless global without a country that can decipher or interfere, so like a global internet network that can't be turned off or blocked, if you want to shut down or stop all internet networks around the world from dying too, it can cause destruction the global economy as a whole and it is very unwanted by anyone. so the security of your bitcoin is very guaranteed.
jonasnick47

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:03:07 AM

Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

I think the government cannot be able to ban the bitcoin, well, it is decentralized and no one is able to control over it.  If they have this control over btc and other cryptos, perhaps, that`s the time they can ban it. However, this opportunity of financial appraisal and economic opportunity would not be neglected by any government.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:17:31 AM

if indeed the government prohibits us from being able to do anything it might not be a good hope for investors but I am sure that in the future it will continue to grow and advance rapidly
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 03:28:26 AM

if the government wants to ban bitcoin they would have banned it years ago and few of them tried to ban it but they failed bitcoin is unstoppable

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
rebeccagreen

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:46:50 AM

I don't think what will happen if government ban bitcoin.  All i can say that,  in our country bitcoin is legal and we are free to use it. I think because our government knows that it can help individuals with their financial problem. They also warn as in the scam of it. 
lolehiM92

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:51:26 AM

If the government takes bitcoin then bitcoin will have the most difficulties in trading as well as will limit some of the investors' investment needs. However, I think if bitcoin is good then their government will Recommended for bitcoin development
Hishad32

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:03:12 AM

If the arena is united to prohibit Bitcoin, Bitcoin will simply die, because while the ban is commenced, they may first block the ones wallet agencies and internet distribution channels!
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:11:54 AM

Some governments are really doing a lot to ban crypto whereby restricting the use and preventing new investors. The prevent the advert of new ICOs and exchange of crypto coin to fiat. Most of the countries still give some access which they may not mention; most of them never give restriction to crypto site for information and never prevent miners. I hope the ban on ICOs will be relaxed in the future when the scam are significantly reduced.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:27:35 AM

I think government if bans in a specific country then bitcoin will not much affected but if many countries do so then it is very important to notice that on what condition government is doing this policy and bitcoin is good to hold now.

Vanessahardy87

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:36:15 AM

Maybe some countries are already banned bitcoin but I hope in our country they will not ban crypto because for me, personally, it helps me a lot it gives some extra money to pay some of our bills. Bitcoin is a big help for every one.
ExhibitGap25

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:20:20 AM

Government can ban bitcoin from a country but government is unable to ban it from Internet and as long as Internet exists nothing can prevent us from using bitcoin.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:27:34 AM

if bitcoins bans by the goverments i think this is another new fud for all people because they want to buy bitcoins in a low price because in cryptocurrency manipulation is so very powerful and that is not good for all new investor.
ATM9807

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:30:08 AM

Government can do a lot to bring bitcoin down but I don't think they can easily do that. Most country already deny bitcoin access to their country e.g US but nevertheless, I believe this countries will join btc in near future that is when bitcoin will moon unlimited.
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:31:03 AM

I believe, no matter how hard a country's government prohibits its people from using bitcoin or altcoin. This will not be effective, because bitcoin / altcoin and the underlying technology, are part of technological development. One time, they will definitely follow him
BigBos

Activity: 1890
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:33:20 AM

I believe, no matter how hard a country's government prohibits its people from using bitcoin or altcoin. This will not be effective, because bitcoin / altcoin and the underlying technology, are part of technological development. One time, they will definitely follow him
of course that is a bad thing for the development of bitcoin, because if a country bans bitcoin, it will affect the trust of bitcoin. well, but so far, many countries have developed crypto compared to seeing the bad side.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:35:50 AM

Bitcoin was made in such a way that the control of its transactions lies in the custody of no central authority. There are countries which have banned Bitcoin yet the people use it. The governments can impose regulations yet the final decision lies with the people.
RichardScott91

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

I don't think the government has the capacity to ban bitcoin and the cryptocurrency in its entirety because since bitcoin is a decentralized currency which is not under the control of the government or any individual it will be impossible to ban its activities. And the only way bitcoin can be killed is by turning off the internet entirely which will be hard to do.
amwer

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:48:23 AM

Along with the Bitcoin and the mutual control of Republican Democracy in Hittene, both parties provide insight into how possible the ban is and what the term "ban" is also. Bitcoin can not be banned based on, as it is similar to the character of pushing onto a sturdy balloon. It pushed down on one side, and it increased on the other
Brazil, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Israel, Morocco, Bolivia, Algeria, Ecuador, Kyrgyz Republic, tried to ban Bitcoin and Crypto at different levels in Bangladesh and Nepal.
Bitcoin finds a way out: The Ultimate Morality of Government Ban.
However, that list is confusing. All governments have not banned cryptoconference in the same way.
FreddieBennett213

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:33:53 AM

All exchange activities will be very bad. The cryptocurrency market will freeze. The future of the economy will be interrupted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: