Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to crypto any advice?  (Read 124 times)
Padger78 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:16 PM

Hi all,I am abit late to the crypto game but find it fascinating,my budget so far is £50-100 a month(over 3-4months so far)trying to build my portfolio. I started off with xvg and dgb just to get the hang of it all,I sold them,and bought some others in some dips.this is what I have so far
200prl
236mywish
1240serenity ico
236 patron ico
120nous ico
126lance chain ico
Am I investing in the right tokens/coins?or is there a different direction I need to take?I appreciate any advice as I do want to make some profit in the medium to long term
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

If you're newbie in this world I think you shouldn't focus on so many coins like that. You only should separate your capital into 2 or maybe 3 good potential coins. Sorry but I don't know all the coins you listed, maybe they're new coins or their ranks is more than 100 on coinmarketcap. If you want to invest, don't invest in any crypto out of top 50 on coinmarketcap.

Weider

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Blockchain will change the world.

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:51:21 PM

If I would have a chance to do my portfolio again I would do it this way.

50% BTC/ETH
30% MID altcoins
20% LOW altcoins

Just don't panic and HODL during this bloodbath.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
Padger78 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM

Ok thanks for the feedback,is icos not the way to go in your opinion?
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:54:15 PM

If you're newbie in this world I think you shouldn't focus on so many coins like that. You only should separate your capital into 2 or maybe 3 good potential coins. Sorry but I don't know all the coins you listed, maybe they're new coins or their ranks is more than 100 on coinmarketcap. If you want to invest, don't invest in any crypto out of top 50 on coinmarketcap.

We need to have the own portfolio to invest on alts. There are many altcoins in the market all the coins are recommended to invest at all. If you choose the ICO and invest also you need to check the white paper and their road map clearly.
There are fake projects in the market you need to identify that too to avoid the scam. Even the top 100 coins in the list also will show up the bump and dump in the market. You can choose the coins like least fluctuate in the market. USDT is best suggestion from my side.
torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:59:35 PM

I suggest to you delete blockfolio and forget your portfolie untill next month than you can buy lambo for you but be carefor when drivin lambo Cheesy good luck.
xda-developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

Hi all,I am abit late to the crypto game but find it fascinating,my budget so far is £50-100 a month(over 3-4months so far)trying to build my portfolio. I started off with xvg and dgb just to get the hang of it all,I sold them,and bought some others in some dips.this is what I have so far
200prl
236mywish
1240serenity ico
236 patron ico
120nous ico
126lance chain ico
Am I investing in the right tokens/coins?or is there a different direction I need to take?I appreciate any advice as I do want to make some profit in the medium to long term

Try to buy some coins and frist of all bitcoin. Don't invest all your money to ICOs and tokens. Personally I prefer to own coins because it is real crypto in my understanding.

Padger78 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:36 PM

Ye I tried to do some research when investing in icos,reviews online,this forum,and Reddit.Serenity financial ico was launched today on Yobit but it's tanked and is down on price,however I never invested in it to sell it after day one so hopefully it can increase end of year
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

Do research before investing to any of these altcoins because most of the coins in the market has no use worthless projects are everywhere do not rush things up and only invest to those coins you have research that might give you good profit gains in the future,do not ask anyone which is which because different people has different point of views,try to build your portfolio you would know which build would be better.

tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:06:29 PM

Keep tracking also your coins and money movements, monitor coins that are giving you more profits when you do buy and sell methods, and keep monitoring also your coins that are not moving at all, have a look on your fund if its growing and pinpoint a percentage wherein you should achieved this kind of amount to earn when this month or say come.
Padger78 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:09:15 PM

Do research before investing to any of these altcoins because most of the coins in the market has no use worthless projects are everywhere do not rush things up and only invest to those coins you have research that might give you good profit gains in the future,do not ask anyone which is which because different people has different point of views,try to build your portfolio you would know which build would be better.

Thanks ye everybody thinks there coins are going to do well haha,I have been aiming for coins with a lowish total supply.hopefully a couple of the icos I invested in can at least double
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:12:04 PM

It is good to buy all coins at heavy dips and is good to sell your coins when everybody is very hyped and everybody things the market is going moon a long time.. The same is for buying coins... when the all the market participants are scared of buying ------> just buy!

cesarzgamer

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:15:28 PM

I don't even know some of the coins which you mentioned. Try to stay in top 100 coins on coinmarketcap. You did well not putting all in one coin but try to not stick everything to ICO. Also make your own research on coins which you want to buy/invest into.
JimiPorter

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:16:03 PM

Hey buddy, welcome..
Scrap a dime here and there to get some Bitcoin. Just a little, everything starts with a little step..
Padger78 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:18:33 PM

I don't even know some of the coins which you mentioned. Try to stay in top 100 coins on coinmarketcap. You did well not putting all in one coin but try to not stick everything to ICO. Also make your own research on coins which you want to buy/invest into.

Ok thanks
mrwigglez

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:29:32 PM

hey there, I'm somewhat new to crypto as well.  of the ones on your list, I also have PRL.  I am hoping that this one will do well in the future.  At least with PRL right now, it will get you SHL when that airdrop happens, I think in early April.  Good luck with your other picks!
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:36:58 PM

200prl
236mywish
1240serenity ico
236 patron ico
120nous ico
126lance chain ico

While you can make money buying Altcoin or buying into ICO, do not just jump into anyone because of the hype around it, try and research about it and find out who are the teams and what their roadmap is to develop their project. projects that have working products or prototype are best to buy in ICO.

SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:50:11 PM

I think you're having way many coins to follow. I'd recommend you to focus on 3 - 4 coins and would follow this:

40% tier 1 (BTC, ETH, NEO, etc)

30% tier 2 (OMG, NAV, SNT, etc)

30% tier 3 (WISH, ENJ, LEND, etc)
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:57:27 PM

If you are not having BTC in your portfolio, then you are wrong, if or when BTC rally starts most of these ALtcoins you are holding will dump more, I think most people should have BTC as the denominator for their portfolio because it is still what hold all the space together

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Nerkata

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:07:51 PM

200prl
236mywish
1240serenity ico
236 patron ico
120nous ico
126lance chain ico

In Crypto the risk of losing your initial investment is sky high. And it is even higher as soon as you invest in ICOs. Now it is a legitimate way of speculating your money should you be wiling to accept it as a high risk - high reward bet. You have to understand that most ICOs will eventually fail. There will be further regulation and there will be a filtering of good projects along the line. No one knows when this is going to happen but when it happens most projects won't hold up.

Personally I allocate 80% of my money in "anchor" projects like ETH or Bitcoin. 20% are allocated to high risk bets like ICOs.

●COTI (http://coti.io)●CURRENCY OF THE INTERNET (http://coti.io)●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: