Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:30:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: http://www.asic-technologies.com/ http://asic-tech.com  (Read 13198 times)
Davidrn69 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:34:48 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 04:52:06 PM by Davidrn69

confirmed scam. sent them 1 bitcoin for the 10 usb block erupters and nothing. to start with things were good had a response straight away thanks for your order kind regards, all good im thinking. Then I had another question for them so I asked and got a reply the following day, your package had been picked up and was on its way, this is getting even better im thinking what a service so I then asked another question, what delivery service do you use and do you have a tracking number if possible? NO RESPONCE Huh and still no response after 5 or 6 more emails. so I thought I will be a little bit annoying and send them loads of emails just so I don't get missed in the inbox I sent around 80 of the same email and then bamm my inbox is going crazy with spam from every corner of the globe it would seem. so this also proves what I have read in other topics about this now is that there name was not bought out buy some spamming company it is them. AVOID http://www.asic-technologies.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

Thank you for the heads up

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
redtwitz

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:28:00 PM

Sorry for your loss.

The next time, watch out for red flags like these:

1. Their "ASIC miner" has headphone and microphone jacks.

2. Their numbers make no sense. At 9.2 GH/s, CGMiner should produce 128.5 shares per minute, not 1.92.

Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:01:11 PM

I have had about 2500 spam emails in about 45 mins do not piss them off Cheesy
redtwitz

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:17:30 PM

I have had about 2500 spam emails in about 45 mins do not piss them off Cheesy

Sounds like you need a better email provider.

If you know a little Linux, get a cheap VPS and manage your own email server. I do, and I block more than 99 % of all spam emails.
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:24:48 PM

thanks for the advice redtwitz Grin I would also like to add I will retract my statements if they turn up but I can not see that happening any time soon
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:21:04 PM

I remember browsing this site wondering if I should buy or not...thanks

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:58:52 AM

Still waiting for a responce from this company and still waiting for items ordered:(
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:24:51 PM

well after lots more emails I got a reply to say my order has been shipped:) fingers crossed. here is the email
Hi

All orders have been shipped. Kind regards.

Asic-technologies.com - This Email address belongs to our out of office service, be kind as we may not have time to answer all your questions in details using this address. Office hours are 8am to 8pm Monday - friday ( and most Saturdays).
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:05:46 AM

well after lots more emails I got a reply to say my order has been shipped:) fingers crossed. here is the email
Hi

All orders have been shipped. Kind regards.

Asic-technologies.com - This Email address belongs to our out of office service, be kind as we may not have time to answer all your questions in details using this address. Office hours are 8am to 8pm Monday - friday ( and most Saturdays).

Hope your package of noodles arrives intact.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 12:54:46 AM

Garbage!  Protect yourselves and put these jerks on blast.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
inevertell

Activity: 172

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:24:05 PM

Does no one want to come and admit that they did not receive all these items they are saying they were waiting for?

If you got scammed by these guys. Be clear and say "I paid and never received my item. They did not give a reason, they took the money and stopped communicating"

This is the way we will be able to KNOW not to order these products.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:16:59 PM

Its been confirmed it's a scam. Everyone is too proud to do anything or speak up but we had a few hits.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
helioslemons

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:12:43 PM

Naively got scammed too, unfortunately far to eagerly trying to spend my first bitcoin profit!

They've annoyed me somewhat though, so deciding to pursue this. Can anyone who has sent them coins without receiving anything from them (and obv are happy to allow me to) send me copies of their bitcoin transactions and transcripts of contact between themselves and asic-technologies?

Chased down their domain owner;

Davie, Scott  more.coffeeee@gmail.com
    2/5 Moray Park Terrace
    Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 5TH
    GB
    +44.7934839575

Doubtful whether that's either a real name or address, but their hosting and domain was purchased through fasthosts.com. If I can collect a decent enough amount of info proving they've taken a decent amount of money, pretty sure they'll confirm whether or not that matches the billing address.

Planning to send both proof of purchase, along with the emails (as proof of site owner accepting order and bitcoin) and send them on to trading standards, the web host (who in the least will shut them down), plus the local police for edinburgh. If they're really there, sure a visit from the local bobbies may change their minds about refunds and continuing this scam!
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:10:07 PM

still waiting  Angry
gerardmajax

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:23:32 PM

send 1.98Btc no news since 5 days
did you need copy of mail and transaction?
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:11:09 PM

still waiting Huh. and have sent more emails and no reply  Angry
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

info from scamadviser
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/asic-technologies.com

Title: Asic-technologies.com - Bitcoin mining for everyone
Description: Bitcoin mining for everyone
Type: bitcoin

Domain Age: 179 Days
Website Speed: Slow

Owner: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0134664681
Owner Address: 96 Mowat Ave
Owner City: Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
Owner Country: Canada
Website Location: United Kingdom

Probable website origin :-

50%;    United Kingdom

33%;    Canada

17%;    Netherlands

Notes:-
The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
This website is 179 Days old
The website expected life (365 days) is relatively short.
The website appears to be less than six months old

Analysis Details:-
Although this website appears to be based in United Kingdom there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect.This webite is very new , and as such doesn't have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses , we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectency, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.
inevertell

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

info from scamadviser

50%;    United Kingdom

33%;    Canada

17%;    Netherlands

Although this website appears to be based in United Kingdom there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect.This webite is very new , and as such doesn't have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses , we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectency, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.

If you google the Toronto address you see other businesses that listed as scams that are attributed to that address...
Also, it seems that tucows is somehow affiliated with that address. http://www.tucows.com

I dunno, I live close to this area - I could technically go see whats up at this address... always makes me nervous to confront anyone about this sort of stuff. But i'd bet if it is tucows who is being "used" here, they would really want to know and would want to protect themselves.
Davidrn69 (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:44:19 PM

info from scamadviser

50%;    United Kingdom

33%;    Canada

17%;    Netherlands

If you google the Toronto address you see other businesses that listed as scams that are attributed to that address...
Also, it seems that tucows is somehow affiliated with that address. http://www.tucows.com

I dunno, I live close to this area - I could technically go see whats up at this address... always makes me nervous to confront anyone about this sort of stuff. But i'd bet if it is tucows who is being "used" here, they would really want to know and would want to protect themselves.

the plot thickens
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: