Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:01:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO?  (Read 438 times)
jonas5222000 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:55:42 AM

For beginners, it may help to you to understand what is ICO

An initial coin offering (ICO) is a controversial means of crowdfunding centered around cryptocurrency,which can be a source of capital for startup companie. In an ICO, a quantity of the crowdfunded cryptocurrency is preallocated to investors in the form of "tokens", in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or ethereum. These tokens supposedly become functional units of currency if or when the ICO's funding goal is met and the project launches.

ICOs provide a means by which startups avoid costs of regulatory compliance and intermediaries, such as venture capitalists, bank and stock exchanges,while increasing risk for investors.ICOs may fall outside existing regulations or may need to be regulated depending on the nature of the project, or are banned altogether in some jurisdictions, such as China and South Korea.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_coin_offering

DEFINITION of 'Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.

Source:  https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp#ixzz59E02j7HW

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Troysen

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:14:59 AM

For beginners, it may help to you to understand what is ICO

An initial coin offering (ICO) is a controversial means of crowdfunding centered around cryptocurrency,which can be a source of capital for startup companie. In an ICO, a quantity of the crowdfunded cryptocurrency is preallocated to investors in the form of "tokens", in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or ethereum. These tokens supposedly become functional units of currency if or when the ICO's funding goal is met and the project launches.

ICOs provide a means by which startups avoid costs of regulatory compliance and intermediaries, such as venture capitalists, bank and stock exchanges,while increasing risk for investors.ICOs may fall outside existing regulations or may need to be regulated depending on the nature of the project, or are banned altogether in some jurisdictions, such as China and South Korea.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_coin_offering

DEFINITION of 'Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.

Source:  https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp#ixzz59E02j7HW

well put the best definition there is, easy to understand and put direct to the point.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:41:50 AM

And if it's easier to say, ICO is raising funds at the expense of investors to develop or improve a product, to achieve the goal that the team has set for itself.
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:31:28 AM

ICO is a fundraising effort to build applications related to Blockchain and its implementations such as cryptocurrency, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger. ICO offers a number of tokens to investors that are usually valued by Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin....
Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:48:25 AM

yes, ICO helps promote altcoin and the platform to be spread on the exchange. so it can help the crypto world always exist.

I think, a good ICO, is a success in the sale of tokens or altcoins.
Hendrahendri

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:11:29 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 07:45:41 AM by Hendrahendri

Ico is fund-raising efforts to build the app relating to his cryptocurrency Blockchain and implementasinya for example, bitcoin, smart contract and smart ledger. Ico offers a number of token to investor valued usually by her Bitcoin Cryptocurrency for example.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:16:59 AM

all users here must be know of what is meant by ico and I appreciate your efforts. so all this is clear and it would be nice if the op lock this thread, because only the lazy people who do not understand and do not want to find what the meaning of ico.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:24:10 AM

The ICO process is raising funds to implement a very good idea. I think this is a very good process, in order simply to not take funds in the bank at a percentage, just explain to people what's the matter and tell about the idea of ​​the project. And of course to share your profit
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:30:57 AM

This is really a good one. Many people on this platform might have an idea on what ICO mean, but might not have the full knowledge. This explanation looks clear enough for even a lane man to understand. Personally, i think with this, i can easily define what an ICO is and be able to explain in my own words. Thanks for the piece.
I also think ICO can be likened to shares.
kiniksarah

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:32:06 AM

ICO or Initial Coin Offering has recently become more and more sophisticated in 2017, many developers are using this method to raise funds to develop their projects. Funds collected are not half-hearted can get millions of US dollars, joining in ico is a good way to make a profit
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:38:39 AM

yes you are right and I think ICO is a coin offer which is given the startup who are in need of funds to build a project that they run that have smart contract agreement with blockchain. ICO is also very useful to add new coin in the market and can trigger to benefit from ICO.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

I like  ICO of  TV_TWO .Their's is not Initial Coin Offering but Interactive Coin Offering protocol .

For more information
https://medium.com/truebit/interactive-coin-offering-a-protocol-explained-267065ef3819
Walang-kekek

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:04:18 AM

the definition i've found in some article was : ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies.
the main line here that ICO is just started begin some years ago and getting over increased years to years.
jonas5222000 (OP)

Student Coin

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:23:48 AM

yes, ICO helps promote altcoin and the platform to be spread on the exchange. so it can help the crypto world always exist.

I think all of them will be successful  if their token was sold out in ICO.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Vincent Wright

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

ICO stands for initial coin offering, that is  becoming popular lately as more crypto start-ups are using it as an alternative to the traditional fundraising methods. According to Forbes, ICOs have raised over $380M funding as of May 2017, compared to $225M in 2016, $10M in 2015, and $25M in 2014 (historical figures are from the research firm Smith + Crown).
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:35:52 AM

This is really good as this is the real purpose of ICO. But these days people have been blinded about the market havoc. I mean these days ICO is all about creating a token listing it on any exchange and then just trading it by pumping and dumping it ocassionally. Even the developers go to a big sleep once they are done with the exchange listing. There are a very few projects that really work.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:52:15 AM

I think all of them will be successful  if their token was sold out in ICO.
as long as they achieved their minimum goal it is already considered as successful ICO

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
catanddogptp

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:58:34 PM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. When a coin wants to go to the trading floor, it must go through an ICO campaign. We can understand ICO as a form of calling and promoting the coin to be known to many investors so that it can grow. ICO is currently a very popular and growing campaign. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:14:18 PM

yes you are right and I think ICO is a coin offer which is given the startup who are in need of funds to build a project that they run that have smart contract agreement with blockchain. ICO is also very useful to add new coin in the market and can trigger to benefit from ICO.
Hi, to my mind, many people make mistakes trying to get into any ICO. People send their ether to almost any smart contract, making them easy prey for phishers. They then send their tokens anywhere, practically giving them away in an effort to send them to an exchange or another wallet.
v_Harley

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

Ico is a quick way to raise money, but it is not regulated, so there are many people who make excessive profits through ico. That's a bad behavior.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: