Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:03:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard (an ultimate guide)  (Read 1398 times)
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:29:54 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 09:07:58 AM by Hell-raiser
Merited by bill gator (1)

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

Below I will be posting replies which I consider most relevant, revealing and insightful on the topic discussed.

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Even when we have heard several talks about working smart, but a lot of people are still work hard thinking that someone will have to teach them to work smart or they are thinking they are working smart. Quite a number of times, I am always taken aback when I begin to imagine what people spend their time on to earn money, struggle, use their strength but nothing to show for it while they are left with no other option than to believe in miracles in other to come out of penury. However, working smart is not something that falls on you or easy to come by, rather its a conscious effort to break away from the shackles of poverty with constant research and education, you are sure to work smart and be financially independent.

What do you mean by working smarter?

I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.

I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.

I also think you are wrong when you talk about luck. Because your boss (and those of very large companies) are perfectly aware that they are in such position thanks to their luck. So they tend to close their network, to make golden paths that lead to domination... and are completely unaccessible for anyone out of their private "leading sphere".

Frankly, I don't see where I'm wrong here when I mention luck and that you should not only take it into account as a possibility and be prepared to take advantage of it when it pops up, but in fact act toward increasing your chances of encountering it. If you mean that your boss is somehow depriving you of any chance of meeting luck in your life, I think this is simply impossible because it goes against the nature of luck. In other words, luck is something which is not supposed to happen but still happens, and whatever you or they do to close the doors to it, luck will overcome all the roadblocks in the end because it is in its very nature.

I agree that you will need both. Earning money in this world is easy once you have a good network of contacts and good capital, but at the beginning it's a nightmare.

Once we reach a certain point we can move towards passive income and work less, when we have a great amount of capital, and spend more time with family, travel and things like that. It all depends on what you want to do. If we worked hard and smart enough in some years we won't need to work anymore, you will then decide if you want to work for fun or do something else.

I know that the idea of working for fun sounds like crazy for a lot of people, but if you like what you do, then it's not so crazy.

No, it doesn't sound like crazy. Actually, you came up with an idea of a passive income, which I haven't yet seen coming up in this thread, well, not in the part that I was able to push through yet. If anything, working smart can be defined as an activity directed towards building more sources of passive income. That's an interesting idea anyway. It seems like this is the ultimate goal of working smart, that is doing more with less until you don't need to do anything in the end. And if you are a smart guy, you won't stop there, so I emphatically agree with your attitude and point of view.

A lot of people overestimate their importance.

Yeah, that's the point I want to emphasize massively and which I wholeheartedly agree with. Maybe, it is the first thing you should do before you start off on a working smart journey, I mean, correctly assess you abilities and whether you are actually as smart as you think you are as well as finding your smart spots and sticking around them. That idea should be definitely added to the piggy bank of ideas making your life easier and wealthier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1350

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 09:24:19 AM by Kemarit
Merited by Hell-raiser (1)

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
Btcalimie

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:51:22 AM

Working hard is different from working hard. Working smart is the act of using your brain to lighten your work. While working hard is your focusing all your strength in that certain work.
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:10:16 AM

Its very hard to find the difference between the two, but for me I'll go both. I guess working hard and working smart will always be a partner. Working hard without using your intelligent is useless, we work hard for us to succeed that's why it is important that we should be smart on the strategies and techniques for us to be able reach what we aim in life. True that working hard will make our boss richer, we need also to be smart to look for a way that our lives also improves out from the salary that we got from our employer by thinking some ways on how to make our money grow out from our ideas and ability.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:16:47 AM

I think im working hard as well working like smart ass too. This world has changed a lot now and there was one time when we had the gold rush and that was only possible if you used to do the Hard Work.

For current era the hard work is not sufficient and the rest of the world getting smarter day by day I think we should become smart as well. There are so many things around the crypto currency and you have to choose things smartly here or you might just get slammed with scam projects.  Shocked

So the only solution is to get smarter and obviously hard work is to be added so that you can earn easily and learn things in smarter way.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:20:34 AM

People are just working hard for their family its not the intention for their boss to be more reacher. I think its their smartest way to have a promotion to the company. But for me I'll just invest my savings on cryptocurrency its another option to save more money and be like a boss in your own and that is the time you'll stop serving your boss.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:34:26 AM

Obviously, This is only for smart people along with their smart job. So that working smart is really essential at this moment. On the other hand, Working hard always and all the ways brings a lot of success. Without working hard, no one can succeed anywhere.
That's why we have to do our job with the combination of both smartness and hard work. No one can be smart without working hard. So at first, hard work should be started initially and then you will be smart naturally.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:36:17 AM

People who have the capabilities to work smart sometimes ain't recognized as such and they are being left with one choice - to work hard!

In the meantime, they are forgetting the fact that they have skills for the smart working and the hard working becomes their primary goal!

There are some people which are limited to the hard work because of their inability for smart work!

The modern age is based on the smart working but there are still those which cannot make a breakthrough to the path on which they can start their search for the smart work!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
trickee

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:36:32 AM

We need to working smart and working hard. You must have a smart brain before you start work and you need a strong body to work hard. To avoid stress think positive always all the thing you have to face because being positive will help you to work in your job.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

Working smart will depend on your environment. We should have time for other activities rather than focusing our mind in one job. Its better to maximize our asset (not money-usually resources like new friend that may help you to learn and earn more and other places that will give you opportunity to grow) as of it will carry you to success.

f150

Activity: 605
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:07:54 AM

yes it works hard only profitable to the owner of the company only, better if have a capital I want to be able to work smart, and I want to make an ornamental fish shop, aquarium equipment and aquascap. that way I can make money for myself and not have to work hard again for others.
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:27:57 AM

Yeah, it's like that being work hard is not only in our self but in the company where you are working for, and being smart is for our self because we think how we do it easily seems like strategic.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:28:12 AM

My father was a hard worker, he worked for 35 years in the same company.
He was a good worker, Dedicated and skilled but that was at a time before computers really.
Nowadays there are so many more opportunities for people to work Smarter rather than working hard for someone else.
Of course we have to be able to identify how to work smarter and not harder and there are through no fault of their own identify this.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

there are many today who are working smart but not working hard. they are taking advantage of those who do hard work for their own purpose and benefit at the expense of others. they are smart in making fool of people because they cannot do hard work. But i also believe that those who are smart and hard working will go a long way in business and society.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:46:48 AM

This is a very amazing, great idea.

At this time the development of information technology experience that can earn big money like today's digital money.

I also think positively like that indeed if we work hard just wasted time because it does not match the energy we spend with the income we receive, while the people who become wealthy results from our hard work.

We do have to think more intelligently, and do not be left behind with the knowledge of technological development because of the many benefits we will get.

We may be intelligent in the knowledge of development that can earn income, this is indeed a big benefit for us all over the development of the times.

yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:00:54 AM

When you start to work, you have to work hard to get the chance and get the opportunity to work smarter!

The premise is to prepare smart work skills!

The smart job is to create a better platform for ourselves!

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:09:29 AM

Working smart is essentially about improving productivity. Producing more with less resources and less time. And with improved productivity comes improved profits.

So yeah, without the urge to work smart, we'd still be in the stone age, grinding our bones and wearing ourselves out on hard work!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:13:46 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 11:25:37 AM by Hell-raiser

Working smart is essentially about improving productivity. Producing more with less resources and less time. And with improved productivity comes improved profits.

So yeah, without the urge to work smart, we'd still be in the stone age, grinding our bones and wearing ourselves out on hard work!

Sorry to say that, but I don't think that making yourself more productive in a quantitative way as in producing more with less counts as working smart. To me, what you say is pretty much synonymous with working harder. In fact, this is how you make your obnoxious boss more wealthy, by doing more for the same buck on the account that your productivity has risen. Why would you ever want that? Smart work means you get a lot more in terms of money before anything else for essentially the same amount of effort. After all, isn't it what being smart is all about?
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:15:05 AM

Well I dont know from where this came but people think that working hard and working smart is different and ... Working smart is in fact working hard + thinking ( giving it a direction).
You know it's safe to say that working smart is more tiring... Than just working hard aimlessly.
We should understand that we need to work hard no matter what .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:17:51 AM

Yeah, it's like that being work hard is not only in our self but in the company where you are working for, and being smart is for our self because we think how we do it easily seems like strategic.

Well, i see some sorts of how good employees working hard on a company for the purpose of financial needs of the family and also for there status to accelerate in rank but this time working smart is most effective in making financial needs because we are ultimately work financially itself by doing online job not neccessarily working in a company with a boss. Giving your best smart is a key to success.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: