Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:05:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard (an ultimate guide)  (Read 1404 times)
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:00:47 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

You may be able to get what you wanted when you work hard but you can get the same reward when you work smart with a little less work. One of the things that I can compare with working hard and working smart is having a job. When you work hard, you just focus on finishing your job on time and when you get your salary, you just spend as much as what you have received because you know there will be a next paycheck. When you work smart, upon receiving your salary, you save a little amount and invest in another source of income and then later on, you will have bigger income and if possible if you have bigger passive income and can live off with it, you can stop working for others and work for your business.

A person working hard may be able to travel because of his pay check but a person working smart will be able to travel as well because of his income from his business and what is more rewarding is that the one who work smart own his time but the one who work hard has a time limit.
I would say, hard work does not alone lead to success, smart work supports to achieve the milestone aimed to. Smart work indeed required now as everyone is rushing towards the same destination, its the one who gets near soon. So think and work smart. I do come across hard worker and smart worker everyday in my office. I do see smart worker get relaxed in completing tasks given then people still working hard to finish the task given. If really up to individuals experience i would say.
[/quote]
I think it has to be the balance of two. Nothing can beat hardwork but it has to be from the heart, with sincerity and passion. It's for yourself not for others. At the same time, you have to be smart in dealing with different obstacles at work, smart enough to decide and manage time, to have your hardwork paid off and rewarded. Success is a result of combined attributes.
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 04:24:26 AM

It's a subtle line, you can work diligently and hard as a horse your whole life and feel like a rat walking on a spinning wheel. I believe more than increasing your income, working smart means how efficient you can be with your daily hours, are you using them correctly? Are you not wasting time? And also means how much you know yourself, do you know if you're overworking yourself? Are you sure you have enough time and skill? And last thing is your ability to make plans. What you gonna do with your money? Invest? Immigrate? Study? And for last and not less important, balance it well with your personal life, so you never forget who you really are and enjoy life to the fullest.
But of course, everything is meaningless if you don't work hard for it.  Roll Eyes
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:35:24 AM

Both working hard and working smartly could lead you to success. These are the fundamentals in achieving one's goal. Working hard only without possessing smart attitudes towards work will put your effort to waste while working also smartly without effort will not going to make the goals success. Thus the basis are not only about working hard and working smart because there are other factors as well. This will include strategic planning, attitude towards attaining the goals, and sustaining it might as well to consider. Because all of us want to be successful then we have to strive for more and intensify like having our campaign for bitcoin. As we all know that this campaign would be not that so hard since bitcoin already gain its popularity and being recognized all over the world. And Bitcoin also is an innovative revolutionary currency in being develop nowadays.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:25:56 AM

These two are both important and having these two will lead you to a successful life.
But in my own opinion, i will prefer working hard. Because working hard will lead you to become smart, you will not be able to learn or to do something hard without hardwork. Working smart without hardwork is nothing. Thats only my opinion because i believe nothing beats hardwork.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Belleylock

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:42:31 AM

In my own opinion working smart is better. Because working hard without knowing the things you're working for it will become useless and nonsense at all. You just keep working hard with out knowing the strategies, the right way to do it and how to do it. So its better to be smart because being smart is being able to know your strength and weakness in your field of job.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:44:01 AM

Wouldn't it be better if you do both? I mean, working smart is not appropriate to all situations you are in. Not all jobs require you to only be smart, you still have to work hard to attain the result you desire. Let's say for example in cryptocurrencies, you are working smart by doing your own research about ICOs so that you could prevent being scammed or losing your money and at the same time you are working hard because you are putting much effort in every research you make. It would be nice if you could adjust to every situation you encounter.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:52:10 AM

My best example regarding about harworking person is me, myself, I've been working since year 2,000 and until now I still working this particular company. And as of this moment I am not totally belong to a successful people, but it doesn't mean that I'm not a smart person, although many successful persons are already belong to a rich family, so a people who succeed are based on the life situation. But there are also few people who became rich which is from a poor family, they are using their knowledge and ability by successfully graduated as topnotchers. For me, being a smart and hardworking is highly needed on a person to succeed their life goals.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:11:41 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Yes I agree because your opinion is so real in today's lifestyle or in our everyday life as a worker. Some people work hard because they think it will make them rich but the reality is that they will remain a worker for a lifetime. I can say that working hard isn't always a way to get rich maybe a factor and I think having our own business is something nearly possible. Working smarter is the best choice because we can be with the flow of our daily lives I mean a balance one. The reason why I stick in every crypto community is that I want to enhance my knowledge about the blockchain technology and of course to earn money. It is not a chance but a previlige and has a lot of opportunity to grab and work with.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Yakult

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:12:39 AM

Both will be helpful depend on your personality and skills. Working hard will compensate if you are lacking to work smart vice versa, not everything are capable of working hard that is why they are thinking of alternative way to do things. Both ways still will lead to you success for sure.

Unicorn_Heart

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:57:01 AM

For me working smart means that you give your best to your job and at the same time build your connections or network. It does not mean that you will kiss ass but it means that people will notice you and your work. So that when opportunity comes, you will be one of those who the bosses might think of. Do not just put all your energy in your desk. Advertise yourself, your work in a humble manner. Offer help and volunteer. Be a people person.

millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:02:21 AM

In my opinion, working hard or working smart is just like the used of these two words, "complete or finish";and i think that working hard or working smart has very little or no deference. Sometime we make statement using the word "finish or complete" to mean the same thing,which is just a similar way to express working hard or working smart.

In summary, I think smart work is a step that comes from hard work. Difficulty and problem solving jobs comes from hard work. Smart work comes after the experience from working hard,and a man that time knows what to do and how to do his or her work better or even best.
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:06:30 AM

most people I know say that hard work is the key, but I cant see the success in them, yes they are hard working,even my parents work hard for us but we are still not rich. Yet, I know some people who got rich by working smart but she advices that working hard is needed. So I concluded that the success is attainable by the combination of knowledge and hard work, and I guess a little bit of luck. Working smart takes the opportunity available and he works hard so that he can make money out of it.  Working smart is not enough if you want to be successful.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:39:20 AM

Both of them are really helpful. But it depends on your own knowledge, personality skills to work it both in a single way. A very hard working person can make a lot of idea how to make money. But in different kind of working smart.. A people who have a brain and intelligent person can make money in easy way but not enough to be successful.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

I prefer to be a very smart worker, smart I think is smart to set the time to work and smart to manage a lot of income, so do not have to work hard but with cleverness to organize work in hopes to earn money like hard work.
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:32:46 AM

Working smart makes you efficient and effective,  working hard makes you reliable and trustworthy. Thus,  this two characteristics are essential for you to become successful in whatever endeavor you take. You have the intelligence to analyze and drive to work harder to achieve what you want. There are different situations,  one may require you to be smart and one may require you to work hard.  Therefore,  these two are great personality to possess.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:03:41 AM

Theres a lot of opinion on working  hard just to succeed in life and to become rich. Working As a Carpenter,masseuse, waiter or waitress are all a hard work . But when you say that working Smart is  just like when you stay in the Office, something like you did not exert any efforts  at all.just only doing such computer  or paper works , we consider it as easy and Smart work. And that is mostly where sucees people came from.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:32:43 AM

Theres a lot of opinion on working  hard just to succeed in life and to become rich. Working As a Carpenter,masseuse, waiter or waitress are all a hard work . But when you say that working Smart is  just like when you stay in the Office, something like you did not exert any efforts  at all.just only doing such computer  or paper works , we consider it as easy and Smart work. And that is mostly where sucees people came from.
In my opinion both are efficient so that it can easily do techniques in a short period of time .We need to work faster and we need to exert efforts .There's a lot of chances here and capabilities it is better to have a great ideas in order to success in life.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:35:15 AM

What do you mean by working smarter?
If you are working as a programmer, then it may be right, as a smart programmer can do in few minutes something that a hard worker programmer that didn't think a lot about the code that he is going to write and about other ways of programming, would do in hours.
I think that if you want to be the perfect employer, you need to both work hard and work smart, That's the type of employers who earns the most and are the most successful in their life.

I think this is a fresh idea and a good starting point for further discussion. I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.
crisasimo10

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:41:53 AM

Its very hard to find the difference between the two, but for me I'll go both. I guess working hard and working smart will always be a partner. Working hard without using your intelligent is useless, we work hard for us to succeed that's why it is important that we should be smart on the strategies and techniques for us to be able reach what we aim in life. True that working hard will make our boss richer, we need also to be smart to look for a way that our lives also improves out from the salary that we got from our employer by thinking some ways on how to make our money grow out from our ideas and ability.

I agree, but for the definition, for me working hard  is like getting it done without any strategies or plan, like when you need to transfer a heavy box to another place and you used your stregnth to carry it, while working smart is doing it differently where you can use a trolley instead that would provide the same result but less effort and probably faster. Doing it at the same time would definitely provide better outcome and would maximize your chances to achieve whatever your goals are, but on the other hand luck for me involves tAking risk unless it is pure luck.  This is just my opinion and you  guys might have other definition  on this which you can also share with us.  
DBronze98

Activity: 403

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:42:43 AM

Employers often like hard-working people, and they are often employed in high-pressure jobs, but wages are often not high. Smart people are often invited by employers to work for them, jobs are usually low pressure but high salaries, although the job they do is often the position requires high expertise, and it requires you to use All data related to work, and hard work will not do this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: