Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard (an ultimate guide)  (Read 1404 times)
ainunfm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:43:44 AM

creativity i think
working smart is kindly make you working with your brain not just your only muscle
and people who working smart also get more benifit, he can learn the fastest way to working, learning new method, boost brain ofcourse
and getting more in payment
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:45:34 AM

Both of them are really helpful. But it depends on your own knowledge, personality skills to work it both in a single way. A very hard working person can make a lot of idea how to make money. But in different kind of working smart.. A people who have a brain and intelligent person can make money in easy way but not enough to be successful.
Yes you can not disregard hardwork from being smart in working.when it comes to success both are needed.and besides i have never seen harworking person goes hungry.

keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:08:06 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Working smart and working hard are both good ways on how you can finish your work better. But if you are going to choose if you will work hard or work smart, working in a smart way is better. Because you can minimize your work but will still have a good result.

Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:19:26 AM

This is an interesting question to discuss. Working smart is at least more pleasant than working hard and I believe that it is also generally more profitable. However, I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:22:21 AM

I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder.

indeed! I agree with this idea. We need to work smart rather than work hard because if you work smart your career grow fast and you will be notice easily by your employer so career move on your part and it can save time, your employer offered you a higher position compare to work harder your doing the traditional way to achieve your output or quantity.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Jicokh79

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:46:26 AM

Wisdom and hard work are two different things, depending on who thinks about the limits of intelligence. The hard work will help you complete the problem but take more time than the smart and vice versa. Depending on the knowledge of each person that accomplishes the job effectively
Patadong

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:48:30 AM

I think both is good for me,because working hard and smart always be a partner,working hard as well is like working smart too.
anyway without working hard people can not get succesful. so we need working hard and smart too

Spazzer

Activity: 1081
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 10:55:15 AM

I can't stress enough that everyone here should read the /2HmEZK9]4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris. It will give some great insight to what people are referencing in this thread.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:00:19 AM

How are you going yo have some chances if you do not work hard? I believe many of them want to work smart beside a work hard but they do not really get what is working hard and what is working smart. By being a hard worker does not mean you can't find a good salary, I believe many of them already working hard and get what do they want and good salary too. Besides, working smart is you take very good chances and use that chances to get out from your comfort zone and starting a new business which is this is really hard for many people and that is why they just keep on working hard instead of working smart

I think I have explained it earlier in the thread. Somehow I believed it should be intuitively clear that to work smart you must be a smart guy yourself in the first place. It is not something which comes on its own in the blink of an eye, and ironically even that is smart work vs hard work. Apparently, if you are a dumbass all you have to do is to work like a dog and you may still fail to make ends meet. That doesn't mean that you won't be able to get a good salary after a few dozen years of hard work. But this is not what most of us want anyway. We want a life after all, and we don't want to waste it, right?
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:00:32 AM

Both of them are really helpful. But it depends on your own knowledge, personality skills to work it both in a single way. A very hard working person can make a lot of idea how to make money. But in different kind of working smart.. A people who have a brain and intelligent person can make money in easy way but not enough to be successful.
Yes you can not disregard hardwork from being smart in working.when it comes to success both are needed.and besides i have never seen harworking person goes hungry.

Hardworking people are rarely seen to be hungry but these days, being hardworking is not enough for you to be a successful individual with a lot of people starting to fool people which is also known as scam.

They are taking advantage of people who are wanting to earn money in different ways making them believe that it will give them good profit but then ran the money with them. If you are a hard-worker, you must be also smart.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:45:52 AM

Smart work and hard work can be done in every job, depending on your dedication to work. If you are not a lazy person. Our dedication to work may be our reason for hard work and smart work. These two components can not be separated in my opinion. If you work smart you will definitely think of something to make the job easier, and unknowingly we work hard to think of it.
Yeah of course both can be done and usually many successful people have both. how they get rich of course they work hard on the business they do. when their business is still below, of course they will continue to work hard until their business becomes big. then they also work smart because it is able to bring many customers to their products. of course it's done with a smart strategy
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:48:35 AM

I think these two are essential to experience success and it actually depends in an individual how he can obtain it.
I have a friend that's really smart but don't have strategy in life, he just use his brain all the time but nothing yet happen. While my other friend is hard working a strategic one, he solve life problems unexpectedly, he isn't that smart but he can survive through his hard work and now he's more successful.
sebuh lemaratos

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:12:24 PM

in my opinion also so work smart, we must have own business even though it only sell martabak but we have to be boss for ourselves, that way we can become success
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:17:20 PM

Actually, you will not get rich even when you work smart or hard if you are an employee. You will only make your work easier if you work smart but the profit will go directly to your boss. The only thing to get out of the cycle is to take risk and become a boss also. Work smart for yourself and you will earn for yourself. Work hard on what you have to build and the profit will get back to you hard also.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Royal Script

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:21:09 PM

I would be working hard than working smart. If you work smart but don't have the hear to work hard on it is just nothing. I don't care about wasting my time working hard if i fail because of not being smart. But it is better if i can work smart and work hard too.
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

If we talk about the crypto so here both smartness and hardworking is necessary for done any thing in crypto for the crypto user it is necessary to work hard and for the investor it is required to work like a smart person. People are doing their best to be successful in the future and those people who work hard in the crypto by performing jobs they are also earning a good amount of bitcoin which is enough for living a good life many new people are working in bitcoin for bitcoin holding and they wish to sold their bitcoin in the future when the bitcoin prices were high.

Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:32:08 PM

I'll choose both, because working hard and working smart is a good way to do better in your work, its not just if you work hard your boss will only become richer? i dont think so, because if you dont work hard then how can you earn more money if your lazy in your work? how will your rank up if you dont work hard and just work smart? both things will help you to become richer and achieve your goals. Dont argue because the two things is good for you.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:41:32 PM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
For me "working smart" has two meanings. First one is that "smart" refers to those kind of work, that require you intellect, rather than physical exercises. Intellectual work isn't that difficult, comparing to physical, but it must be appreciated more. And the second meaning, "smart" may also refer to the way you do your work, not the nature of work: you need to find useful contacts, you need to know how to plan your time, you have to be orderly and know how to present yourself.

Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:48:59 PM

Below I will be posting replies which I consider most relevant, revealing and insightful on the topic discussed.

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Even when we have heard several talks about working smart, but a lot of people are still work hard thinking that someone will have to teach them to work smart or they are thinking they are working smart. Quite a number of times, I am always taken aback when I begin to imagine what people spend their time on to earn money, struggle, use their strength but nothing to show for it while they are left with no other option than to believe in miracles in other to come out of penury. However, working smart is not something that falls on you or easy to come by, rather its a conscious effort to break away from the shackles of poverty with constant research and education, you are sure to work smart and be financially independent.

What do you mean by working smarter?

I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.

I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.
[/quote
Being a smart worker for me means you need not to depend on the " luck". It just mean you need to have your strategy making your work easier and stress free while achieving a success in work. It does not mean also that you have to do the wrong thing or sacrificing others people for your own benefit. Being smart and a hardworker must go together to achieve success with true happiness and contentment.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
AicecreaME

Activity: 2352
Merit: 454

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:58:06 PM
Merited by cramcram21 (2)

I think both is good for me,because working hard and smart always be a partner,working hard as well is like working smart too.
anyway without working hard people can not get succesful. so we need working hard and smart too

I don't think so, it depends on what job you have and how you are working with that job, because there are times that we are always working for money but we don't know how money would work for us, that is why we are wasting our time. IF I'm going to use between working smart or working hard, I would choose working smart, and that would be on cryptocurrency, Trading, joining signature campaign and so on.

Because I'm observing every employees that I'm seeing, for example is on the fast food chain, small boutique and so on, I could say that it is tiring and there is no single day that they are not working hard yet their salary is not enough for their everyday needs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: