Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Quality  (Read 178 times)
doomistake (OP)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:15:21 PM

Let's talk about post quality here, if you are observing the posts on every thread on this forum(mostly Bitcoin Discussion, Gambling, Meta, Trading Discussion) and so on, since this are the threads which we mostly used, as you could see, there is a lot of people who are posting 1 line or 1 line and a half(except newbies) account they are exempted to that, but seeing higher ranks like Full Member to Legendary(just saying because I'm seeing some)posting 1 line or 2 lines and sometimes it is out of the topic or doesn't make any sense(just some of the 1 liner post, not all of them), which we are expecting some more since the higher rank the better opinion or advice they could give, right?

I think the higher officials on this forum should make some action with that if we really want to improve the post quality of all the members here in this forum. The merit system won't do because if they know that their post is not worthy of a merit, then they don't care about it as long as they are earning, right?

E D I T: I'm not saying that I'm a good quality poster, I'm just saying that those people who are shit posters on this forum should be punish or give some warnings, it is not fair, they are toxic on this forum.

P E A C E, just saying my opinion, and I want to hear your opinions too.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:23:44 PM

You can always report those posts, they'll get noticed eventually and once a moderator checks their post history, they'll be removed.

One thing that might also work is ask the OP to lock the thread once their question is answered.
It's usually these 10+ page threads that have most unsubstantial posts.

I've done this with success here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3037747.msg31254470#msg31254470

Granted, it still took a while before the thread was locked.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:24:50 PM
Merited by doomistake (2), digaran (1)

Let's talk about post quality here, if you are observing the posts on every thread on this forum(mostly Bitcoin Discussion, Gambling, Meta, Trading Discussion) and so on, since this are the threads which we mostly used, as you could see, there is a lot of people who are posting 1 line or 1 line and a half(except newbies) account they are exempted to that, but seeing higher ranks like Full Member to Legendary(just saying because I'm seeing some)posting 1 line or 2 lines and sometimes it is out of the topic or doesn't make any sense(just some of the 1 liner post, not all of them), which we are expecting some more since the higher rank the better opinion or advice they could give, right?

I think the higher officials on this forum should make some action with that if we really want to improve the post quality of all the members here in this forum. The merit system won't do because if they know that their post is not worthy of a merit, then they don't care about it as long as they are earning, right?

E D I T: I'm not saying that I'm a good quality poster, I'm just saying that those people who are shit posters on this forum should be punish or give some warnings, it is not fair, they are toxic on this forum.

2 line posts are valid in meta, like this one, no need to post any more. Can you agree that this is a Post that points out you are wrong and does not need to be longer than 2 lines? I cant comment about the other areas as I don't really post there. Now I am struggling to post more than this as I cant really think of anything more without rambling and turning into a shitposter using 40 words instead of 1.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
doomistake (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:33:45 PM

2 line posts are valid in meta, like this one, no need to post any more. Can you agree that this is a Post that points out you are wrong and does not need to be longer than 2 lines? I cant comment about the other areas as I don't really post there. Now I am struggling to post more than this as I cant really think of anything more without rambling and turning into a shitposter using 40 words instead of 1.

E D I T: Meta should be out of this topic I think, my fault.  Grin

Yeah, you have some point that is why I've said that not all of the 1 liner or even 2 liner post are all shit post or doesn't make any sense. I think we are all experiencing that time when we are struggling to make 2 lines or 3 lines post for a certain topic because that is all that we could suggest or we've just summarize what we wanted to say, it might be 1 line or 2 lines but the message is all in there. Smiley
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:36:41 PM

Yeah, you have some point that is why I've said that not all of the 1 liner or even 2 liner post are all shit post or doesn't make any sense. I think we are all experiencing that time when we are struggling to make 2 lines or 3 lines post for a certain topic because that is all that we could suggest or we've just summarize what we wanted to say, it might be 1 line or 2 lines but the message is all in there. Smiley

Ah good, I am glad that we can agree that single line quotes can provide a little value or answer a question. In some cases it can be a single line quote that is of more value than a 10 line shitpost. 

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:17:19 PM

Ah good, I am glad that we can agree that single line quotes can provide a little value or answer a question. In some cases it can be a single line quote that is of more value than a 10 line shitpost.  

Then it mustn"t be about the quality but it's the content that can benefit the other members of this community.
Whether a line, 2lines or more doesnt mean much now as you all said from your replies its a matter of contributing to the topic or just answering it in a nice and simple way.
ghavoc

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:00 PM

I agree with you, but it is such a tough thing to manage.  I speak on this as someone who has built forums with 100K+ users and millions of posts.  Incentivized activity is almost required to get new forums off the ground and are tricky to change as they are often motivation for the core base.  

Some short posts will be fluff to pad stats, but others will be legitimate and helpful.

The issue as I see it is users selling accounts and the ease of pulling it off.  Once the accounts have a monetary value the difficulty in moderating quality grows exponentially.  It's too much for any staff and must become a job of everyone in the community.

I like the idea of the merit system, but am concerned that it could just make vested accounts more valuable and further incentivize account sales.  My suggestion would be to make it more difficult to sale and transition an account.  Not foolproof by any means, but more hurdles to change email addresses, SMS verification (with random re-verification) or new IP login challenges could help.  The counter to that is those steps all run the risk of annoying the user base and likely add to the operating costs.  

In spite of the issues, I admire how this community has grown.  Administrative guidance is much more difficult than most realize.
doomistake (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:35:39 PM

Then it mustn"t be about the quality but it's the content that can benefit the other members of this community.
Whether a line, 2lines or more doesnt mean much now as you all said from your replies its a matter of contributing to the topic or just answering it in a nice and simple way.

I think you don't know what you are saying here, the quality of your post will be based on the content of your post, so basically what you have said is really confusing. We didn't say that you just have to answer in a "nice" and "simple" way for you to contribute some quality post here in this forum, what I've said is that not all of the 1 liner post is a shit post, but that doesn't mean that we are all going to be motivated to post 1 liner post by that.

I repeat, the quality of your post will be based on the content of your post, and posting 1 line or two lines won't be enough if you are going to elaborate things.
Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:42:50 PM

I really agree with agan, which is a quality post and that is not qualified, sorry I still Newbie just want to argue now since in apply Merit many comrades who complain, tired, tired, in the post there is no visible which is where the quality and which is not qualified when viewed that posting 1 line that got merit that authoritative post it that can not, just I want to give advice to look to all that is in Forum which post quality and not qualified let everything in this Forum can self-introjection to a better direction.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 04:55:25 PM

Quality is content, so to use the alt speculation sub as an example

- Great project
- when moon

= shitpost

- this is a decent looking project, as the Dev team are public, the product is a niche and there is a RL need for this due to X
- When will this coin finally pick up? I cant believe it is so undervalued as it is using X tech, and with Y on the road-map I believe there is a serious upside coming - has anyone looked into Z for this project as yet?

=not shitposts, posts with content that genuinely ask a question that hasn't been asked 300 times, pointing out new tech or features and not using 400 words like the poster shoved a thesaurus up their anus

Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:06:34 PM

I really agree with agan, which is a quality post and that is not qualified, sorry I still Newbie just want to argue now since in apply Merit many comrades who complain, tired, tired, in the post there is no visible which is where the quality and which is not qualified when viewed that posting 1 line that got merit that authoritative post it that can not, just I want to give advice to look to all that is in Forum which post quality and not qualified let everything in this Forum can self-introjection to a better direction.

Though people have their own point of views. This post may be a constructive to others, some will not.

Making a post is hard, but a quality post is much harder since they are posts that needs to be made carefully like an art. Advising them making a quality post may not be good instead encourage them to read a lot so they can breath more knowledge that they can use.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: