Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment?  (Read 799 times)
meihso

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:18:17 AM

Before they choose whether or not to invest, I will inform them of all possible risks. Once the funds are invested, they must be responsible for the consequences. They are all adults and should bear the consequences of their own decisions.
Nightmare0619

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

Its your fault persuading them to invest without giving them enough knowledge before investing... You should tell them the risk of investing not just the positive side.
future88

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

I may be a bit guilty, but I think they are all adults and should bear all the consequences for their investment choices. I can't control the price of Bitcoin. I can't predict exactly how much it will cost. I can only encourage them, Bitcoin is a very promising currency, it should continue to hold, waiting for its price to rise.
Rodon

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:31:43 AM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.

I hope that you told them, before investing anything, that they must invest money they can afford to lose. And also, tell them that you are optimistic and they should hold their Bitcoin. There are always some fluctuations on this market. It's a long term investment, they are not going to be rich instantaneously. Rome was not done in one day.
123exo123

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:33:16 AM

I tell them to just hodl. And when they don't listen, I just tell them tat they can sell if they want to, but look at the price history... it always goes back up. I show them that i'm still hodling long term. If they still want ot sell, their losses are on them.

And usually they continue to hodl.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:41:13 AM

Investing without proper explanation and awareness of high potential risk is extremely irresponsible. Such situation should not happen. Even though, I try to encourage my friends and family to read about Bitcoin, I start with trying to educate them, not with forcing them to spend a few hundred on something they don't even understand. Do you think that they would understand that someone has just sold another six thousand BTC and that's one of the reasons why the market is panicking? I guess not. 
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:07:13 AM

Perhaps I can tell them what the situation is when they invest should they accept what will happen to their investment because the state of investing is sometimes a big loss and this investment will give us a great deal of profits.
keping1

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.

if I myself every express a business I always emphasize the risks. related to the bitcoin price alone I must tell you about what the possibilities are.

but if the case is like you I think you can explain your friend using statistical data BITCOIN development from 2009 until now and little you tell the picture of the future BITCOIN
syahdurindu

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

If something goes wrong, then you are guilty of this, you should tell them about the benefits and risks they will face if investing in bitcoin, they should know that the risk of failing to invest in bitcoin can eliminate their money.
If you have told me about the risks they will face, then I'm sure they will not blame you if they lose their money.

Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:31:05 PM

Well, before trying to convince them to invest in cryptocurrency, you must make them understand the risks involved in investing and also the reason why crypto markets are so volatile. In that case, you will not be blamed for their loss  and they will not be surprised when the market goes down.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

I never told anyone or atleast a friend to invest about bitcoin. Because their is a tendency indeed that once they lost their money the blame is in you. It is best, to tell them the whole thing that the risks the volatility is always exists in bitcoin. Our money may lose or may grow in this market.
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

If I wanted to convince anyone of my friends of relatives, the first I would have tell them is about all the risk and price dip is one of it. If i have given a choice, then it’s better for me to be silent about what is cryptocurrency and be selfish about it. But if giving them some information about it and in time they invest without even consulting me or asking about it, that’s their mistake and not mine to care.
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:58:50 PM

See mixing relationships and family is never a good idea. I always try to avoid discussing financial topics with friends and family as money most of the times breaks relationships. However, if someone is forcing you for days for some advice, tell them in advance that prices are volatile. They should invest what they are ready to loose. If someone with limited savings asks you for advice related to bitcoins, tell them that it is not the right choice for them. This may appear rude but will help them in the long run.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
CrKedd4

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:25:59 PM

The ups and downs of prices are determined by non-individual economic exchanges, this is the most appropriate explanation to convey
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1189

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:40:54 PM

why must blame me ? no i am not force them to invest in this business and they did it by themself. i will just say that to friend or family who did that thing. because what really happens it is not my fault

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:11:29 PM

It's their choice they join bitcoin so nobody is liable for the decisions they make. They are responsible for their own loses just as they are responsible with there gains. If bitcoin value crashes, nobody is held accountable.
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:12:09 PM

Thats why you never pitch cryptocurrencies to your family/friends. There is always a chance of them making a loss or getting their coins hacked due to some small mistake. Cryptocurrencies are still in the infancy and is still a bit away from release for the mainstream.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:16:37 PM

Thats why you never pitch cryptocurrencies to your family/friends. There is always a chance of them making a loss or getting their coins hacked due to some small mistake. Cryptocurrencies are still in the infancy and is still a bit away from release for the mainstream.
And the worst thing is after they lose their investments, they are going to blame you because you introduced them to that particular investment in the first place though you  stressed out that it was still risky and that they are not guaranteed to make profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:21:54 PM

when I tell somebody to invest from beginning I make it clear that if something happens and they lose money is up to their responsibility and not mine so if you as well made it clear just tell them directly.
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 608

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:23:15 PM

It's their choice they join bitcoin so nobody is liable for the decisions they make. They are responsible for their own loses just as they are responsible with there gains. If bitcoin value crashes, nobody is held accountable.
If they are responsible with their decisions,i think we are also responsible of informing them ahead about the risks of investing in bitcoin.They should be aware that because of bitcoin's volatility,any moment from now bitcoin price will increase more or otherwise it will drop its price.If they think they can be patient enough everytime its price fluctuates,then whatever the result of their investments,may be positive or negative,they don't have the right anymore to blame you for whatever it is.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: