Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:16:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment?  (Read 794 times)
JillClarissa

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:25:25 PM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
I don't think it will happen to me. I told my family about my investment in bitcoin, and I told them that investing in bitcoins was risky, and they didn't choose to invest in bitcoin. Nor did I continue to choose persuasion.
Barbolini

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

I always tell the whole deal with Bitcoin and leave a decision to them. That way they are responsible and not me.
But no one pays attention to me yet. But After a few cars and house, maybe they will change their opinion.
Dewi11

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

Tell them to invest in crypto is not always profitable, because there is a price that sometimes up and down, there must be a risk
convince the problem to them, so as not to blame you in case of loss, I think that is the right thing Wink
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:28:17 PM

It is hard to face friends and family after every steep loss. I find it hard to manage myself let alone the family. But, if there is something that I have learned from my past experiences with BTC, it is the ability to deal with failures and losses. The bitcoin market has been very harsh at times and it made me lose 20k$ in one day.
The best part about the market is that it usually recovers within a week or so. So whatever damage is done, it usually gets undone within a week and saves me from all the embarrassment.
castis

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:30:52 PM

I think its better not to involve friends family into any investments, because if market down and all lose money, we can ruin our relationships.
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:31:35 PM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
There are some of us who blames his/her fault with the others. Yes, you were the bridge for them to know and invest in Bitcoin. But that doesn't mean it's only you to blame. This is because, since they are an investor they must be keen on every details of the investment. It is their responsibility and not yours. They can ask you instead the details if you weren't able to explain further the details. So don't be guilty or blame yourself with their failed investments. You may tell them that we will learn from our experience and wait for a better opportunity.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:37:55 PM

If they blame me,then its their stupidity that actually needs to be blamed. If anybody gives you a financial advice ,its your duty to actually do your due diligence and not some one else's. If you don't know how the markets will determine the prices,you shouldn't be involved with such stuff. Obviously the price will decrease and increase,based on factors. I seriously don't why people neglect to view from this opinion.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:46:48 PM

Let everyone think with his head. If a person accuses you of his mistakes, then you should not even pay attention to them.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

I have also lost mine investment. I will tell them about story of how i survived the times and situations. You have to keep investment on till you get the right one especially because its not the end of the world. Even right now, my eth acct have been working with has been hacked, so i decided to open another one. Let them move on, its part of life.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:03:19 PM

Embarrassed

Everyone must understand the risk of invest, whatever that type. If I tell something about invest or trading in forex or crypto, first I tell about the risk and show to them proof of my histories trades. If they losing their money and then blame me, I can't say with the right words
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

It is best to tell them about all the risks prior to getting involved, especially to warn them about wild price swings - a normal thing in the crypto market. It is also best to make it abundantly clear that they are responsible for their own decisions - not you. Either way, if they blame you for losing money by buying at a high point and selling at a low point, then they only have themselves to blame. A loss is after all only realized when one is stupid enough to sell at a loss.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:44:07 PM

Well if my friends or my family lose their investment i will just try to give them advices like telling them investment is like gambling sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.Investment is too risky it means the person who invest must be prepared for the outcome.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:44:25 PM

This is an awkward situation, that is why we have to explain all good and bad in investing in crypto. In any case, you can try to explain now and advise your family and friends that dips are common in crypto.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:48:54 PM

It simply our fault to not tell them in detail about these new highly speculative assets and a 'brand new' technologies. It is our job to educate them about how risky these assets. I will simply tell them the detail if i ever want to teach someone about cryptocurrency investment.
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:50:48 PM

Deal with them? In what way? They dont blame me for their bad decisions. If they ask for advise on how to learn from the experience i am happy to give it, otherwise everyone is a grown up and responsible for their own actions.
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:20:47 PM

You have to tell them at first that invest only the money you can afford to lose, because there are so many fluctuations. Don't just tell them that they can earn a big profit when they invest in bitcoin tell them also the disadvantages of investing in bitcoin.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:47:06 PM

It is better to warn about risks of investing. And if they invested at their own choice they shouldn`t blame you for losses
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

It is better to talk it out with your friends/family than they blame you silently. It is not late to share bitcoin in-depth now before they panic sell and really lose money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:13:09 PM

I make it perfectly clear and explain fully what the whole bitcoin entitles. And to only put in what they are willing to lose and consider it even lost after going in. That way they can't put any fault upon me. Since what can rise in price can also decline in price just as easily. If they fail to listen and neglect my advices then all fault lies on top of themselves.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:16:45 PM

I think it's not my fault lol. I just let them know about Bitcoin but I didn't tell them to spend their money to invest in Bitcoin so they invested when they don't have enough experience and knowledge about Bitcoin, it's their own fault not mine. I think there are no way that they'll blame for me but I think the best way to solve this case is let them know that the whole market dump and pump everyday so they should keep calm and wait or I can find out another way for them to earn back what they lost.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: