Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment?  (Read 799 times)
matthewtherry

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:54:03 AM

I am a "bitcoin guru" in my family so no one sells without letting me know and asking for my advice...So I don't let them sell when the prices are lower
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:57:55 AM

I think it's best not to remember these people. And first of all draw the right conclusions.
Well it would be a hard moment for them once it happens. I think the best think that I can do for them is to support and understand what they are going through. They might feel depressed with that so we must not lose sight of them. Let's look after them so that they could still feel the love. Helping them to rise up and motivate them to keep going is the best thing to do to deal with their problem.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
collins3

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:03:45 AM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
Every Bitcoin investor takes a high risk. Sometimes you can make a profit, but sometimes you lose money. All investors know it and are willing to accept it. For your friends and family, if they make a decision to sell Bitcoin, they may lose money. But before they go to Bitcoin, you tell them about the opportunity and ability of Bitcoin, they need to update the market, expert opinion from time to time ... you advise them not to rush to sell, wait a while they still make the final decision. I think you have done your best to protect their interests. You have no errors!
dlim88775

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.

Some people are not really open-minded when it comes to investment especially when they are not aware of bitcoin. Well, just like my other friends and relatives on that. Just it's their own choice if they want to invest anyway especially in crypto.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:14:14 AM

Never give anyone any financial advice. If they help, no one will thank you. If they make a loss, they will blame you for everything.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:16:02 AM

I think I will talk about its benefit and fluctuation condition before they invest in btc. Although they invest and get loose that their decision. I will make them understand that crypto market is always like ups down. So hold it.

nadbucs

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:17:08 AM

To avoid this circumstances at the very beginning we must tell our friends and family about the high risks. We must warn them that price is high volatile and loosing of investment will probably happen if they have lack of knowledge. We must advice them that whatever the outcome will be depends on their own decision. Since, in your case if they are already in position of loosing. You can lessen their worries by telling that bitcoin will recover but nobody knows when it will happen. So its up to them if they want to sell their investments for lose and still it depends on their own hand.
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:28:37 AM

What should be done should have been done before investment losses ,allow family members to do resreach on what they to invest,it grand them on how the market works before they invest,and it reduce so much explanation from you.
arumiedes

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

This is not entirely your fault.
Bitcoin allows many people to attract their attention when the value is very high.
Value of bitcoin is unstable.
You should give more understanding to your family and convince them that there is a chance bitcoin to rise the value of the price.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:37:52 AM

This is exactly why if you want to talk about btc or tell about it, you just inform people about it.
But never try convincing them.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:41:36 AM

Explain them the risk of investment. Tell them that it is normal for them to somehow lose a small amount of money because they are just beginners and they lack knowledge about what bitcoins is. So, tell them not to blame anyone because they agreed on this. And bitcoin is part of investment so it is natural that it is risky anyway.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:45:42 AM

I keep on telling my friends and family members to buy bitcoin. But before they will invest and place their money on bitcoin I will also remind them that there are such risk involve in bitcoin due to volatility. Before I will allow them to invest I will make sure that they are ready to face the risk. They said yes and so they are already investing on bitcoin since last year and some of them suffer from the price deflation but none of them complained since they are all well-informed.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:53:45 AM

I don't think it's ever a good idea to suggest to friends and family to start investing in crypto, or just give out investment advice in general.
This will just save you so much trouble in the future, as you cannot be held responsible for their actions.

I don't even answer questions like: 'Do you think the price of Bitcoin is going to go up'.

Boknoi321

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

I don't think it's ever a good idea to suggest to friends and family to start investing in crypto, or just give out investment advice in general.
This will just save you so much trouble in the future, as you cannot be held responsible for their actions.

I don't even answer questions like: 'Do you think the price of Bitcoin is going to go up'.
But if you can't suggest them to start investment in crypto they will loss those opportunities to get some moneys. Its better to suggest and approach them in a good way, then they are the one who make those decision making its up to them how they can handle risks.Its not your problem anymore as long as you gave some thoughts.
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:42:50 PM

It is not a good idea if we don't tell them about this before investment. We know that investing in cryptocurrency (Bitcoin and other altcoins) will give us more profits, but it also has high risks. We should tell everything about the advantages, risk, possibilities, and profits that we may obtain when getting into the bitcoin. It is to ensure their readiness of getting lots profits or losing their money. Well, once more, better to tell them about the in-depth financial terms and others. If we have told them everything, all things happen in the next future is not our fault.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:53:19 PM

Well, I believe that it is not anybody's fault to lose money here in crypto. The moment you share about bitcoin to your friends and relatives about bitcoin, you should also tell them that crypto is volatile and unstable that they should be ready for the possible changes that they may face. You should remind and inform them ahead of time so they won't blame you in case of lost.

bluered

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:08:45 PM

well me i am advicing them that its is not the end there are a lot of things for investments like bitcoin as the best example it is one of the best that you can invest because for sure it give a large amount of profit.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
EugeneJanet

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:14:25 PM

Yes, we all know that investing in bitcoins is risky, but we can't control that risk. When my friends ask me about bitcoin, I don't want to persuade them to invest in bitcoin, because I'm not sure I can guarantee that they won't lose money.
v_Harley

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:20:21 PM

Investment is your own business, and you don't need to care about other people's attitude, because you have to believe that the price of BTC will continue to rise.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jaky

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:30:19 PM
Merited by mace15 (1)

Investment are like business.. Some time you lose some ,sometime you gain much thats only part of the business/investment their ups and down.. But never let them lose hope of the posibilties, that in time they will still get their Return of inveatment and just keep moving and lern from the process so the next time you  or they incounter another misleading method regarding investment they will know how to divert so it won't happen again..

▄▄▄   ▐ ▌   HIVEPOWER.tech   ▐ ▌   Crowdsale 》 June 11th   ▄▄▄
Build Decentralized Energy Communities Secured by the Blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: