Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the government ban bitcoin?  (Read 2074 times)
jetatikarn

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:55:13 PM

I am worried about government polices, everywhere we are getting negative news.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

Government or governments will never be able to ban Bitcoin. This is because the industry is just too big to get rid of. There is a high demand for it and as long as there is demand, it will survive no matter what. Governments can only regulate it. Besides this, it is not a wise idea for governments to try to even ban Bitcoin or crypto currency. Because thousands of companies employ hundreds of thousands of employees and banning it will just deteriorate their unemployment rate.

I guess I agree with you, and I would also point out that if governments attempt to ban bitcoin it would probably backfire and make crypto even more popular. Also people would probably start using it underground, and it would be even harder for them to control it. Their best approach is to try to regulate like you said. If they do that, it will be less appealing for people to try to do it off radars. They will start seeing that if they obey regulation they will probably pay some taxes, but they will have no problems in using it. If they try to go underground and get caught they will be risking more than the taxes they should be paying, so there is no good risk/reward ration in going underground. If governments regulate crypto this way, then everyone wins.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:00:55 AM

Bitcoin has been announced since the day it was invented, and it will be suppressed by governments in the future and declared illegal currency. Is the basis, the further development of the currency will be in the interests of the threat to traditional monetary and ruler, not the rights to cryptography currency once governments announced that the currency is illegal, its price will produce volatile in the short term, and may even crash. At the same time, the government will force the bitcoin exchange to be shut down, so that bitcoin can only be sold in private, and its exchange capacity will be badly hit. Will the government ban bitcoin?
I think the government might ban bitcoin. Now there are many criminals use bitcoin to crime, but because of the currency of the dispersion and anonymity, the government cannot find criminals through the currency, this will lead to criminals is becoming more rampant
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:09:56 AM

Seen lots of topics like this one on this forum but i think this has the most replies. Anyway, bitcoin ban depends on the discretion of the government of a particular country. Other countries ban bitcoin while others accepted and there's nothing wrong with that. Just do what you really wanted to do and just enjoy the moment if bitcoin is legal in your country.

Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:25:32 AM

Bitcoin has been announced since the day it was invented, and it will be suppressed by governments in the future and declared illegal currency. Is the basis, the further development of the currency will be in the interests of the threat to traditional monetary and ruler, not the rights to cryptography currency once governments announced that the currency is illegal, its price will produce volatile in the short term, and may even crash. At the same time, the government will force the bitcoin exchange to be shut down, so that bitcoin can only be sold in private, and its exchange capacity will be badly hit. Will the government ban bitcoin?

So the situation can go in a different scenario. Already there are countries where bitcoin is legalized. The more countries will legalize the more countries will be connected to this. Why not get taxes from this ?

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:00:10 PM

There are a handful of countries that band and prohibit bitcoin or any crypto, but there are more countries that support and even created their own country special coin. Additionally, there are countries that did not ban nor support crypto but they don't tolerate crimes in relation to crypto. Due to the previous subpoena issues, there are existing crypto companies that have no choice but to follow the mandate of their government. But I do hope that the government is positive about it that they will help crypto to grow rather than to ban it.
Hitesh Ohri

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

I don't think bitcoin be banned. this is not illegal because it is not harmful for the society in any way rather there are certain more issues in this country that should be considered first by the govt.
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:55:26 PM

I think governments will embrace and accept it for the most part. I'm sure they have realized banning things are counter-productive in the past.
I believe that government will not going to ban Bitcoin, I think they will accept it after a long period of time. Government officials have no control to it but it will never be enough reason to ban Bitcoin.

Some of the country didn't accept bitcoin they ban in there country like china, india, russia, sweeden and many morenand they have many reason why didn't embrace and accept digital currency even my country before because scammers that is why they banned bitcoin so not all country and government not agreed in digital money or cryptocurrency.
Derizo

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:57:58 AM

Some states do prohibit bitcoin, but many countries use it and create different cryptocurrency laws and get taxes from it.
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:32:04 AM

Depends on what country you are in. But for progressive countries, their government won't do it. Japan, Korea and Singapore are the leading successful countries and they know that bitcoin will make improvements to their economy.
Switchern

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:36:51 AM

But I think the government can be legal in every country of origin there is a tax for the government. Because bitcoin again ngtren in countries then its government there should be a tax that must exist. it is the present government
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:37:03 AM

Banning bitcoin depends largely on the governments' perspective, in some cases governments also change opinion of bitcoin and have now welcomed it.
In other countries, legality of bitcoin is still under dispute, and in some acceptance is already established, while others have been regulated and taxation imposed.
On another note, here is a link where you can check a few countries that accepts and says no to bitcoin:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/041515/countries-where-bitcoin-legal-illegal.asp
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:41:22 AM

Restricting bitcoin will be conceivable to be happen on the grounds that legislature dependably surmise that this exchange is a trick and can make disorder to everybody. It will be boycott by the administration if at any point they dont recognize what truly bitcoin is and how it truly helps numerous individuals for their living. Government will boycott bitcoin in light of the fact that they generally ponder bitcoin and that was makes them off-base.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:18:26 AM

No government in the world can ban bitcoin completely because bitcoin uses the peer-to-peer technology just like BitTorrent client. Bitcoin is decentralized which makes it impossible to ban bitcoin. If you take for example China they ban bitcoin in the country but Chinese people are still using bitcoin by simply using the VPN Client.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
snowbubble

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:19:36 AM

Government can ban bitcoin in some countries , but worldwide its impossible, plus bitcoin even if banned you can use him with vpn and easily sent and receive it.
AegeusCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:25:38 AM

I don't think the government will ban cryptocurrency because that's essentially what you are saying. All other cryptos are pretty much in the trail of Bitcoin itself. The government won't be able to completely ban on it however I can see them implementing regulations that will not shut it down but attempt to make it more transparent, that's why so many ICO's are now under scrutiny. It's not just the scammy coins out there that are causing this alarm and need for closer monitoring, it's a way that the government can piggy back on a legitimate excuse to attempt to control how cryptos are mined/minted and distributed.

Depending on the industry you are in, monitoring maybe ok however there will always be cryptos out there that will operate in true privacy. These are the coins I'm aiming for that have a solid future vision. This is a great question and credit to the poster who asked this.
JerryJam

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:38:42 AM

I think that the government will not be able to fully ban bitcoin. If this happens in some state, people will withdraw bitcoin through banks of other States.It is possible that they can limit the Internet sites that advertise cryptocurrency.All attempts by the government to control the cryptocurrency did not bring positive results.They can not take your bitcoins because the secret key is only with its owner.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:39:49 AM

A few governments are endeavoring to put diverse kinds of impediments on bitcoins. In the meantime we have different governments tolerating it and making it lawful for its subjects. The choices made by little economies won't have much impact on this yet in the event that real economies begin putting complete restriction on bitcoins it will be the finish of bitcoin. Any sensible government ought not do this but rather we never know what's to come. Somebody legitimate and insatiable government figure may endeavor to dispatch contending coin and afterward boycott every current coin.
perova93

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:09:26 AM

The government will not prohibit bitcoin because it is a transparent system and bitcoin is a free currency that is not responsible for the people
GoodBrother

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:36:59 AM

In my humble opinion at first governments will try to control bitcoin. On the other hand, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will gain more and more influence in the world and the governments of TOP 7 will have to find a way to integrate bitcoin into the world economy. Moreover, governments, political parties are only people and they change, and their beliefs are evolving too. Also bitcoin must be integrated into the world public payment system, or it can become the main currency of the criminal world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: