Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the government ban bitcoin?  (Read 2074 times)
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

I think is hard for government to ban bitcoin. Although bitcoin has some rumor that is not good but due to the anonymous feature of bitcoin, mostly will be hard to trace, thus is hard to ban.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

Bitcoin is not beneficial for polity. If your earnings are related to the crypto currency, the state can not know your real income, secondly the state does not receive taxes from you. So it's not surprising that different states have declared war on bitcoin.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Bitcoin has been announced since the day it was invented, and it will be suppressed by governments in the future and declared illegal currency. Is the basis, the further development of the currency will be in the interests of the threat to traditional monetary and ruler, not the rights to cryptography currency once governments announced that the currency is illegal, its price will produce volatile in the short term, and may even crash. At the same time, the government will force the bitcoin exchange to be shut down, so that bitcoin can only be sold in private, and its exchange capacity will be badly hit. Will the government ban bitcoin?

The government of each country has the power to do it actually, but to some government who knows the good benefits of bitcoin they're not gonna do it instead they will adopt it and soon regulate them to their country as their secondary currency. Like Japan, Korea if I am not mistaken, vietnam and others.

The Governments can only ban exchanges, if they are afraid of bitcoin, but it can not stop people to use bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and borderless. it is a product of technology, nothing can stop technologies. there will always be ways for bitcoin users to gain profit under tied regulations.
Omosomofa

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:19:10 PM

Bitcoin can not be ban, what they can do is stop their county citizen not to participated or there should not be local exchangers in the country. Bitcoin have no owner so they can not track them. Some country support Bitcoin so, that will be easy for one country to stop. Bitcoin is decentralized nobody can control it. Many country government are working on how to used the Blockchain because that is the wealth of world in this our era. Ban will not be easy for then to do, they need to rethink and grab this great opportunity of this era.
Morticio

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:59:25 AM

Each country has a different attitude to bitcoin! But with confidence I can say that over time, most countries will support and maintain the use of cryptocurrencies!
Socioman

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 04:05:03 AM

I don't think It gonna hook up with the government of one country. (Take for example Russia, which tried to block telegrams. As a result, the number of Russian users has only increased).But if all governments unite, they can easily do so.

SupplyBloc

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:05:34 AM

Decentralized exchanges may be a big role in this...
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:06:19 AM

Bitcoin has been announced since the day it was invented, and it will be suppressed by governments in the future and declared illegal currency. Is the basis, the further development of the currency will be in the interests of the threat to traditional monetary and ruler, not the rights to cryptography currency once governments announced that the currency is illegal, its price will produce volatile in the short term, and may even crash. At the same time, the government will force the bitcoin exchange to be shut down, so that bitcoin can only be sold in private, and its exchange capacity will be badly hit. Will the government ban bitcoin?

It really depenss upon what the government had planned on doing with bitcoins. Some governments see it as a threat to the economy like China did when they banned bitcoins. Some see what bitcoins can offer up for the future just like what Japan did when they embraced bitcoins.

angelakrasnova

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:17:24 AM

The grafts will not be forbidden by bitcoin, they tried to fight it, but as practice showed, people do not want to get rid of bitcoin, and more people try to get hold of it
Chopmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:43:09 AM

It's not really going to change that because bitcoin is not a scam but bitcoin helps people. and it's just natural that rising and lowering bitcoin costs because of mining and the government cannot hold bitcoin holders and confiscate their private keys. I don't think they can achieve this unless the internet is shut down completely
DanielD13

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:11:59 AM

Depends on which government you mean?
If you look at the literature, never before has a currency that wasnt controlled by a country has survived.
On the other hand the average existence period for a currency is currently 27 years.
So "normal" currencies arent as safe as a lot of people think they are.
I don't know if Bitcoin but crypto has a huge chance to not onyl survive but become a major standard everywhere in the world.
kuckong

Activity: 184

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:13:21 AM

I hope it will not happen, and surely all bitcoin users will not want it to happen. But in my opinion nothing is impossible in this world. Depending on the government, if the government views bitcoin as a positive thing, the government will not ban bitcoin. The government must understand that bitcoin is very positive for one's life. Not a few people whose economic life changes due to bitcoin. And not a few unemployed who can work to earn money with bitcoin. If the government views it that way. I am sure the government will not ban bitcoin. It could be that they will further support bitcoin.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:29:15 AM

I do not agree with many of your points. Bitcoin has been banned in several countries. That is true. But it is also legal in some other countries. That makes the equation balance. But the fact is that Bitcoin is legal in so many advanced countries. In fact, among the countries composing the G20, which we all know are composed of the most advanced countries in the world, only a handful declared Bitcoin illegal. 
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:31:04 AM

The smart ones will realize the fact that this is just another cow that they can "milk" for their benefit. I don't think there is really any gain (for anyone) to ban it.
saruxanyan

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

Governments won't banned crypto if they can generate income from there. Even though we knew some countries are banning crypto but not in the way that they just want to swift it out. I know they want crypto coming back after regularization taking effect, they only wanting for the securities and taking controls on the way it used by some illegal activities.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:43:49 AM

in my country, the government has banned the use of bitcoin as payment because they think bitcoin will make its users loss and bitcoin can be used for crime, but I'm not worried about it because until now I can still transact with bitcoin
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:47:33 AM

I think if the bitcoin is dangerous for other people or country I think government will ban bitcoin, not just government in a country but I think all country will ban bitcoin is bitcoin dangerous for any country int he world, and oi hope it wouldn't happen because if its happen we don't have any chance to get bitcoin again

bezygly

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:51:25 AM

I think if they wanted, they would have done it for a very long time. Therefore, I think bitcoin supports the government, or those who stand next to them or even higher than them. See how the media react to the growth and fall of bitcoin, how they illuminate it, and we all know that any media is under the control of the government.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

It is possible government can ban the Bitcoin but cant stop the Bitcoin.Bitcoin will survive till internet available here,Bitcoin is autonomous and no need of third party to operate it.Bitcoin is peer to peer technology based on blockchain which make it unique and independent.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

I'm not sure if the government has banned bitcoins. But at present bitcoin is bringing a lot of profit to the people involved in the Crypto market. That can help many people become billionaires after a short time participating in this market. So it will help the economy of a country go up a lot and the government will make a very difficult decision before the bitcoin ban.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: