Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To quit gambling is to quit yourself  (Read 2301 times)
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:51:45 AM

That's right. Use healthy activities like sports to be a substitute on your gambling time. They say that it takes 21 days for a person to make an activity as a habit that it could remove even your urge to gamble completely.

21 days is not so long. do other activities and do it regularly. With the new habits you do in your usual time for your old habits then you will replace those old habits with new habits. If you've started it you just need to be patient.
The question is whether the person can do his new habit regularly and be able to forget the habit of gambling at the same time? 21 days is not a short time if we talk about forgetting the daily activities that have become part of our lives.

It is very easy to advise than to do what is being advised.
THe challenge to change yourself is not an easy thing, regardless the fact of being addicted into something or not. THe motivation always comes from the inner drive of the one who suffers it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

I don't see people committing suicide because of gambling. It is really hard to quit in gambling but I don't see people committing suicide because of gambling. Quiting is hard but it can still stop with the support of other people especially with the support of family, if you see a person that is suffering from addiction in gambling better to give him a vacation and a travel so it will not going to be worst.

Gambling at times can be very addictive to people if they do not have self control and as a result they might keep playing continuously and end up losing lot of money. This could be dangerous for them as they lose money and may play more to recover that lost money and for that may borrow from some one and even could lose out that money. So better to quit gambling so that you can be yourself and enjoy the life.

I believe so.Gambling can really cause big destruction in your life if you let it rule your mind and heart.I think it's alright to gamble as long as you know what you're doing and have set limits for yourself.Put gambling not as a priority in your life but rather an option wherein you can enjoy it playing during leisure time.Through this way,gambling can somehow be profitable not in terms of money but for your own enjoyment and satisfaction.
Gambling is not good in anyway and it should be avoided in the first place. Even if a person is aware of his actions and able to leave the game whenever he wants to but it still will cause some loss of money and time.

What is the point in losing hard earned money? It would be much better to give that money away in charity. Also, it is not very easy to control ones actions in such an addictive game. The best is to stay away from it.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:11:32 AM

I think it is wrong to associate yourself with the gambling addiction. We are not our mistakes. It just so happens some have gotten themselves too immersed about what they are into. Nevertheless, it is not the end all be all. Some greatly recovers from reaching down bottom. I am very much positive that when people are positive about something, they reach great heights. So please avoid saying that when you decide to quite gambling, it is as if you quit yourself. They are two distinct subjects. It is already a battle to withdraw from something you have acclimatized yourself into, and now we are adding on the burden to attribute that sickness to the person per se. It is just so wrong.
I would not say it is not our mistake. Whoever is a gambler today actually ended up in that hole because of the idea they have painted in their head and most of the time is always as a result of greed. However, this is not about that, the essence here for any gambler who wants to quit is to just quit. The fact is that we are the only ones who can really help ourselves and unless we have that determination, then it will be hard.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:34:39 AM

I don't see people committing suicide because of gambling. It is really hard to quit in gambling but I don't see people committing suicide because of gambling. Quiting is hard but it can still stop with the support of other people especially with the support of family, if you see a person that is suffering from addiction in gambling better to give him a vacation and a travel so it will not going to be worst.

Gambling at times can be very addictive to people if they do not have self control and as a result they might keep playing continuously and end up losing lot of money. This could be dangerous for them as they lose money and may play more to recover that lost money and for that may borrow from some one and even could lose out that money. So better to quit gambling so that you can be yourself and enjoy the life.

I believe so.Gambling can really cause big destruction in your life if you let it rule your mind and heart.I think it's alright to gamble as long as you know what you're doing and have set limits for yourself.Put gambling not as a priority in your life but rather an option wherein you can enjoy it playing during leisure time.Through this way,gambling can somehow be profitable not in terms of money but for your own enjoyment and satisfaction.
Gambling is not good in anyway and it should be avoided in the first place. Even if a person is aware of his actions and able to leave the game whenever he wants to but it still will cause some loss of money and time.

What is the point in losing hard earned money? It would be much better to give that money away in charity. Also, it is not very easy to control ones actions in such an addictive game. The best is to stay away from it.
Playing isnt really bad as long you do know on what you are doing and not letting gambling addiction would affect you. Strong self control is the issue here because if you are not responsible for your actions then high chance for you to get addicted.Quiting is hard in these times but you can really quit if you let your mind and actions do other things which do divert your attention with it.

Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:03:41 AM

I think it is wrong to associate yourself with the gambling addiction. We are not our mistakes. It just so happens some have gotten themselves too immersed about what they are into. Nevertheless, it is not the end all be all. Some greatly recovers from reaching down bottom. I am very much positive that when people are positive about something, they reach great heights. So please avoid saying that when you decide to quite gambling, it is as if you quit yourself. They are two distinct subjects. It is already a battle to withdraw from something you have acclimatized yourself into, and now we are adding on the burden to attribute that sickness to the person per se. It is just so wrong.
I would not say it is not our mistake. Whoever is a gambler today actually ended up in that hole because of the idea they have painted in their head and most of the time is always as a result of greed. However, this is not about that, the essence here for any gambler who wants to quit is to just quit. The fact is that we are the only ones who can really help ourselves and unless we have that determination, then it will be hard.
Many gamblers mostly end up getting rekt and being addicted in gambling. We don't need to blame other, ourselves or anyone for this. Determination and your own inspiration in life get help you out but of course with your own no one can quit you in playing unless you did it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:22:39 AM

Many gamblers mostly end up getting rekt and being addicted in gambling. We don't need to blame other, ourselves or anyone for this. Determination and your own inspiration in life get help you out but of course with your own no one can quit you in playing unless you did it.

How is it not our mistake if WE painted that image in our heads?
We are the only ones whos fault it can be, everything else is projection.
Be accountable for your own actions or you won't advance - ever.

Looking for a signature campaign.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:17:03 PM

How is it not our mistake if WE painted that image in our heads?
We are the only ones whos fault it can be, everything else is projection.
Be accountable for your own actions or you won't advance - ever.
That is correct. Ultimately, right and wrong are just vague ideas developed by us from our own beliefs and experiences. We do actions according to the illusions created by our brains and if something does not go according to our desires, no one else should be blamed for that. Every individual is responsible for his own actions and choices. Nobody can ever force a gambler to gamble unless he himself is willing to do so.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:30:32 AM

I have myself been addicted to online gambling in the past to some extent. It happened mainly because I had nothing to do and also I was very new to this. I was very much impressed by gambling in the beginning and failed to draw my lines. Now, I keep myself busy with lot of work and thus all the addiction has faded away. Regarding people doing suciicde because of debt, it happens mainly because the person thinks that there is no one who will support him.

coupled with the burning greedy dreams of accumulating more profits through betting is also one of the big reasons for gambling addiction. Unless people will wake up that when they are playing on games that are based on pure luck, it is always the house that will going to win at the end of the day.

suicide really is not a solution to any problem.

Well, its too late for gamblers to realize that this is just a game of luck. Lot's of greed brings them down and the result is much worst that losing money. Love yourself and your family don't waste your life because of gambling, there's a lot of things that you can do to earn money make effort to discover it.
We still welcome them that although it took so long to teach them this lesson but still somehow they have successfully made it. These people must consider their lives valuables. They must think of their families that are dependent on them.

Sometimes we get away so far from ourselves that we never think of ourselves and our relations that are attached with us. Love them and live for them.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:49:33 AM

That's right. Use healthy activities like sports to be a substitute on your gambling time. They say that it takes 21 days for a person to make an activity as a habit that it could remove even your urge to gamble completely.

21 days is not so long. do other activities and do it regularly. With the new habits you do in your usual time for your old habits then you will replace those old habits with new habits. If you've started it you just need to be patient.
The question is whether the person can do his new habit regularly and be able to forget the habit of gambling at the same time? 21 days is not a short time if we talk about forgetting the daily activities that have become part of our lives.

THe challenge to change yourself is not an easy thing, regardless the fact of being addicted into something or not. THe motivation always comes from the inner drive of the one who suffers it.

It becomes easy for the people especially those who have being in the situation before and has overcome and now realized that what they were doing was wrong because wasting money without any returns is nothing more than being a fool.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:27:18 PM

"It is very easy to advise than to do what is being advised".
Sentences are held by many gambling addicts who always underestimate any solution and how to stop gambling. Although the solution comes from people who are not graduates or lowly educated.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:13:04 AM

It is us who can take our lives up or down. We can never blame any other person for that. If somehow your friend succeeded to take you up in casino and there you become addicted every other day, so will you blame your friend for this? No, never. Because you were adult and that was your life. He hasn’t don’t anything good to you still, you are more responsible for all of your losses.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:33:59 PM

It is us who can take our lives up or down. We can never blame any other person for that. If somehow your friend succeeded to take you up in casino and there you become addicted every other day, so will you blame your friend for this? No, never. Because you were adult and that was your life. He hasn’t don’t anything good to you still, you are more responsible for all of your losses.
In fact the society you live in, or your company can be responsible for your activities, if you are living in such society where gambling is very legal and there is no restriction on gambling, or your friends use to play gambling on regular bases then you will certainly like to play gambling, Some time your friends will also motivate you to start gambling as they themselves are addicted gambler, therefore in such situation we can blame other for that.
mrtrew

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:33:23 PM

For me gambilng is funny, im trying to have fun when im bored, usually im gambling with low bets, but to everyone who is addicted and saying to yourself ill have luck next time you wont probably, i dont know a person who is rich now from gambilng, just try to stop  Undecided
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:19:57 PM

My point is no different than yours. No one else can help a person to do something. We all are supposed to live our own lives and do actions for the betterment of ourselves. Gambling is a very addictive game but nothing is impossible in this world. It is difficult to shake off old habits but if someone really tries hard, he can get rid of being a slave to his own desires and temptations. Everything is in our head and we need to train it.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:49:54 PM

For me gambilng is funny, im trying to have fun when im bored, usually im gambling with low bets, but to everyone who is addicted and saying to yourself ill have luck next time you wont probably, i dont know a person who is rich now from gambilng, just try to stop  Undecided
Most of those gamblers who really played a lot ending up burning their money inside the house, those who can say that they are just finding time to
enjoy and still keeps on playing even they already loses a lots of money are just fooling their-self, they are thinking that they are just enjoying and
it's not affecting their lives, quitting is not easy for those who are already engaged and so addicted.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:20:10 PM

That is why they can never do it alone and would always need the help of people they can trust to always help drifting their mind away from it totally. As time goes on, they will definitely get there but it is not an easy thing.

For those who have tried to do it alone, they have always at one point find themselves back over and over again, so it would be a stupid thing to do assume that possibility. However, as long as you have the mind to quit and you have those who are ready to help you, it would be easy.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:45:47 PM

Guys, I know that many of you have already discussed this issue regarding quitting gambling as it is addictive, and I know that this thread is just like any other one. But forgive me because I am really sick of seeing people committing suicide because they are in big debts. I would like to speak my mind.

It’s hard for me to believe this. How many people have you seen committing suicide? 20?

For me, gambling addiction is a symptom of previous problems. Someone with a good life, with high self-esteem and without any psychological issues, doesn’t get addicted to gambling or whatever. To solve your gambling addiction, you have to solve the previous problems first, and then, quit gambling forever.

While I agree that those to get addicted to gambling or to anything else have some unsolved problems in their lives that needs to be tackled at the same time that addiction can be so big that I think it needs to be deal with first, and only after the person has overcome his behaviors you can deal with the reasons behind them, otherwise the addicted behavior could destroy them before you are able to help them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:23:56 PM
Merited by 8Habits (1)

Most of those gamblers who really played a lot ending up burning their money inside the house, those who can say that they are just finding time to
enjoy and still keeps on playing even they already loses a lots of money are just fooling their-self, they are thinking that they are just enjoying and
it's not affecting their lives, quitting is not easy for those who are already engaged and so addicted.
Yes its not really easy but if you still have concerns for your family and loved ones,you should not let gambling ruin your whole life.If you think gambling is already causing too much damages in your life,then start to leave it little by little.I know if you're determined to quit from it,then you must do it now or ask help from your family to help you get out from gambling.Have self-descipline also because changes should start by yourself and not from people around you.

8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:34:43 PM

Yes its not really easy but if you still have concerns for your family and loved ones,you should not let gambling ruin your whole life.If you think gambling is already causing too much damages in your life,then start to leave it little by little.I know if you're determined to quit from it,then you must do it now or ask help from your family to help you get out from gambling.Have self-descipline also because changes should start by yourself and not from people around you.

I second to this. When your gambling is already affecting your family and your finances, there is really no question whether or not to quit gambling - it is a must that we quit! However, it is really not that easy especially when you are already addicted to it but a slow process and with fixed determination to quit will help you than just doing nothing.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:57:25 AM

It is not everyone that sees gambling that way. A lot of people have opened topics about profiting from gambling like it is some investment that would just keep raking in cash for them and that is how it all starts. It is actually easy for us to say they can quit all by themselves, but in the real fact, it is either they make that determination and have someone to assist with that. Addiction is a crazy thing, and it is always hard to quit alone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: