Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To quit gambling is to quit yourself  (Read 2303 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:11:52 AM

Base on my experience it is really hard to quit gambling specially when you are already used to it, before my parents will get mad at me becauase I forgot my responsibility as a mom also they sees me almost got broke because of being addicted in gambling. One day I realize to quit gambling and I really want to do it so by the help of my love ones and determination to change I now stop or quit in gambling .

In my own points of view, to quit gambling doesn't mean you quit yourself because we can find other alternate to gambling which we can make our life meaningful. We can set other kinds of habit to entertain ourselves.  Let's make our family the true and meaning of our life.

You are absolutely right because we have other sources of Entertainment for free, we should not bother much about that the gambling which we left because it is always good to leave before we are losing fame and money. Once we are quit we have to find other sources of entertainment to manage ourselves not to bother about it again and again.
May God bless you Smiley. The whole idea of catching fun from gambling anyway is just a way for some people to justify the reason why they gamble and pull away the idea from their head that they are simply gambling to win.

If you are not gambling to win, then where is the fun ? The only thing here is to just know how to control yourself without expecting too much from it and then know how to limit yourself in a way so that things would not get out of hand and if things eventually get out of hands, it is still in your hands to quit or to let gamble destroy you.
dams87

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

not just gambling in any form when it becomes an addiction it will be difficult utuk out because it is a psychiatric problem, then utuk can stop any indeed must have a strong belief of yourself and must be supported by the nearest family, the process will not be briefly but with a strong determination can definitely get out of the circle of addiction.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

Indeed when it's become an addiction can be hard to get rid of but it is not impossible to recover, with the full support of family nearby and a strong desire from oneself is the key to get rid of addiction to gambling. Indeed many people are depressed even to suicide for failing in gambling but many more who can get out of the hole in the opium of gambling.

Btcschool

Activity: 488
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:10:24 PM

Base on my experience it is really hard to quit gambling specially when you are already used to it, before my parents will get mad at me becauase I forgot my responsibility as a mom also they sees me almost got broke because of being addicted in gambling. One day I realize to quit gambling and I really want to do it so by the help of my love ones and determination to change I now stop or quit in gambling .
No doubt in your saying that when someone gets used to gambling, it becomes really difficult for that person to stay away from it for the sake of good but as we all know this fact that nothing is impossible in this world, so quitting gambling for the sake of good can also be done. I know it would take a little bit more time than a normal player but he will continue.
Its an ultimate dedication for every person who has a dream for the future. Since gambling is there that moves a person to loss his/her financial at worst situations, then why suffer engaging ourselves with that kind of activity? We need to move out and quit for good, and if you're willing to do that you can do it by yourself. You will decide for the best and don't hesitate because every decisions is final and no regrets at all when it comes to self improvement. Quit from old one, and welcome the new you.
If you have dreams for your future gambling is not the solution for them. It is guaranteed that you cannot make money from gambling and will lose all you have. A bad thing has bad consequences and you will never get benefit of it. Better to quit gambling today and focus on crypto trading. I am sure that you will fulfill all your dreams by this way.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:08:22 AM

You can also say that quitting gambling is also living onto the real world, it's not just simply quitting onto yourself, but I do understand what you want us to think, gambling is a kind of drug actually, it's addictive, risky and can deplete your finances and budget, if you go way too far it is either you'll win everything or lose everything you have and will result in depression, after depression it can result to suicide, which is a thing that no one wants to happen right? If you are an addict at gambling try to put 50% in your safe, instead of going all-in with your money, remember, quitting gambling is not only by quitting yourself, it is also living, making money the right way, we just have to accept the fact that we cannot only rely on our luck.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

You can also say that quitting gambling is also living onto the real world, it's not just simply quitting onto yourself, but I do understand what you want us to think, gambling is a kind of drug actually, it's addictive, risky and can deplete your finances and budget, if you go way too far it is either you'll win everything or lose everything you have and will result in depression, after depression it can result to suicide, which is a thing that no one wants to happen right? If you are an addict at gambling try to put 50% in your safe, instead of going all-in with your money, remember, quitting gambling is not only by quitting yourself, it is also living, making money the right way, we just have to accept the fact that we cannot only rely on our luck.
Advance thinking huh. Well, that is possible that an addictive gambler will lead to depression because of losses resulting in financial problem. Always remember, play only what you can afford to loss to avoid those things to happen.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:35:36 PM

In my own points of view, to quit gambling doesn't mean you quit yourself because we can find other alternate to gambling which we can make our life meaningful. We can set other kinds of habit to entertain ourselves.  Let's make our family the true and meaning of our life.

You are absolutely right because we have other sources of Entertainment for free, we should not bother much about that the gambling which we left because it is always good to leave before we are losing fame and money. Once we are quit we have to find other sources of entertainment to manage ourselves not to bother about it again and again.
May God bless you Smiley. The whole idea of catching fun from gambling anyway is just a way for some people to justify the reason why they gamble and pull away the idea from their head that they are simply gambling to win.

If you are not gambling to win, then where is the fun ? The only thing here is to just know how to control yourself without expecting too much from it and then know how to limit yourself in a way so that things would not get out of hand and if things eventually get out of hands, it is still in your hands to quit or to let gamble destroy you.

Like what Ive answered in a past discussion its depends upon the person. Also it is categorized into two which we may think that  one is doing gambling for fun and the other one is to have another income, which they think that it can help them to increase their money.

The "to quit gambling is to quit yourself" well actually it is just for those people who do lots of mistakes but still doing the gambling. Also we can say this if we  want to stop because it is not good for us to do the gambling.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

Advance thinking huh. Well, that is possible that an addictive gambler will lead to depression because of losses resulting in financial problem. Always remember, play only what you can afford to loss to avoid those things to happen.

Everything that we lost is a lost, ee cannot change the fact that it was already taken by the house. Quitting gambling is the best choice for a gambler to do if he is not making any progress or money in gambling, there is no point to continue playing if you are always losing your fiat. Instead of betting it on gambling why not use it on something more worthy.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:21:36 PM

Everything that we lost is a lost, ee cannot change the fact that it was already taken by the house. Quitting gambling is the best choice for a gambler to do if he is not making any progress or money in gambling, there is no point to continue playing if you are always losing your fiat. Instead of betting it on gambling why not use it on something more worthy.

I agree with you in part because even though the best thing will be to quit from gambling if you are not finding success it is not simple especially for those that are nose ee p into it and have lost so much that is why we ought to reach out to help such folks if we know any. Addiction is terrible and makes you loose everything for one thing so please reach out in the best way you can to help and psych them out.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:38:20 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 01:38:13 AM by hajimasan

Guys, I know that many of you have already discussed this issue regarding quitting gambling as it is addictive, and I know that this thread is just like any other one. But forgive me because I am really sick of seeing people committing suicide because they are in big debts. I would like to speak my mind.

So, guys. Quitting gambling has to be done by quitting yourself. What I mean by that statement is that you should no longer be yourself or what you are. You are now a man of greed and addiction. Who was the person you were before you start gambling? Perhaps you were addicted to something else. Perhaps you were just a normal man living a normal life. Now you are a different person. What I want you to do is that you should be aware that gambling too much will make you lose yourself. Second off, you should sit with yourself and write down the negative effects of gambling. Do not be like "What if I win next time, what if I get lucky next time." No, that is not you who is talking but your greed. Do not give yourself false hopes because "What if" is a term used to talk about unreal action in the past or the future. You can neither change the past nor be accurate about what future will be like.

Then you should practice positive self-talk. Fill yourself with positiveness. Have a strong willpower and determination because believe me, once you are committed to something, you will attain it. If you want to give up gambling, then you can do it because other people and I gave it up.
I used to gamble a lot with my friends and I would be lying if I said I did not learn many things. But the negative effects overcame the positive ones. I took a decision to stop gambling. I filled my time with various activities. In time, I started to forget about gambling. It is like moving on. If you want to move on, get yourself from the routine you used to be in. Your brain is functioned about a certain routine. You will find it hard to adapt to the new routine, but believe me, in time you will get used to it.

I hope you guys achieve what you aspire. And I hope this thread will help you, even though I am sure I am going to get negative feedback. But it is okay, I am open to everything. Have a lovely day, Hadoooken!
Surely everyone will have distinct thinking regrading it , and here in my opinion if we can make small earnings then I don't think that we should quit at any side , because with stretagy betting we can make big earnings without risk/less risk .
Here I will say that we should come in the contact of the perfect postive thinking Always in any field in which we are working .
No doubt that every gambler lost his money in the past and also he learned much that what mistake he did that Results into loss for him .
So here we should take understanding that don't quit and understand well about this thing .
And here I would also say that not blindly do gambling , you should make yourself aware about the mistakes and also you should take care that you are making gambling with the perfect and better stretagy not with the simple bet system .
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:25:48 AM

not just gambling in any form when it becomes an addiction it will be difficult utuk out because it is a psychiatric problem, then utuk can stop any indeed must have a strong belief of yourself and must be supported by the nearest family, the process will not be briefly but with a strong determination can definitely get out of the circle of addiction.

Think of the worse situation that can happen after gambling addiction. Your bank balance will become zero once day, you may take loans from friends to fulfill your urges and then the number of friends will also keep reducing. Finally, one day it will get out of hand and eventually , you will realize the mistakes.

I have gone though all of this. I want other to learn without suffering but I know that will happen rarely.

Signature available for rent
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

Think of the worse situation that can happen after gambling addiction. Your bank balance will become zero once day, you may take loans from friends to fulfill your urges and then the number of friends will also keep reducing. Finally, one day it will get out of hand and eventually , you will realize the mistakes.

I have gone though all of this. I want other to learn without suffering but I know that will happen rarely.

Precisely that is what you wanted to do if you wanted to quit gambling. You have to discourage yourself by thinking negative because if you are not going to then prepare for something worse to happen. Gambling has never played positive on someone's life, that is because it is about losing most of the time.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:02:58 AM

I have seriously considered quitting gambling but if i did, a certain part of me would be missing.
This is because I have many friends who I go to the bar with to watch the games. 
If there was no gambling, it wouldnt be as fun to watch the games at the bar.
I dont know if to quit is to quit yourself but you will be like a much different person if gambling is not part of your every day life.

I think in the bar, there is another game that you can play with your friends and maybe you can play billiards but don't use the money for the winner. you can try to quit gambling if you really want to and I think you can try to build another habit so you don't have to feel that something is missing. and I don't think that quit gambling will make you become different person besides becoming a better person without gambling in your life.
Stop playing gambling is a thing that will have a positive impact on our lives. We have to admit that when we try to stop playing gambling we are also trying to get to a success. This is an option because when we try to stop playing gambling then we are heading for success and when we are still playing gambling then we are closing ourselves to destruction.

Everyone must have a different view and I'm sure that gambling will only bet on a fortune, a luck that will not come!
That is everyone’s reason, to play and have a chance to have success in gambling and multiplying your money to  have more. Gambling could also give you a positive impact if you win but the downside is it’s hard to stop once you get into the zone  and you might think that you could always profit from it but you cannot.
No one ever had made fantastic results from gambling or any earning source, so why we get into this with this purpose. Everyone knows this gambling is harmful for everyone and whosoever it would be, gambling just ruin their lives. So don’t let this chance to get into your life. Encase this is so attractive, if you played it for once even, you can’t just control your mind later on.

That's how gambling addiction will start because most of the people will start very slow in the beginning but gambling is the most addictive one which will make us invest more into it, even though we are losing money. Many people are addictive to it because they are making money through but the problem is they are losing money through gambling.

yeah, and if they see that they have a chance in gambling, I am sure that they will try to playing gambling but once again, they will lose their money. and if they do not realize about this, they will keep playing gambling without know how to stop and leave the gambling places and soon, they will become addictive in the gambling games. so, if we know about this and we are really concerned with our life, it is better for us to stop and quit gambling before it's too late for us to realize.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:38:45 PM

I have seriously considered quitting gambling but if i did, a certain part of me would be missing.
This is because I have many friends who I go to the bar with to watch the games. 
I dont know if to quit is to quit yourself but you will be like a much different person if gambling is not part of your every day life.

I think in the bar, there is another game that you can play with your friends and maybe you can play billiards but don't use the money for the winner. you can try to quit gambling if you really want to and I think you can try to build another habit so you don't have to feel that something is missing. and I don't think that quit gambling will make you become different person besides becoming a better person without gambling in your life.
Stop playing gambling is a thing that will have a positive impact on our lives. We have to admit that when we try to stop playing gambling we are also trying to get to a success. This is an option because when we try to stop playing gambling then we are heading for success and when we are still playing gambling then we are closing ourselves to destruction.

Everyone must have a different view and I'm sure that gambling will only bet on a fortune, a luck that will not come!
That is everyone’s reason, to play and have a chance to have success in gambling and multiplying your money to  have more. Gambling could also give you a positive impact if you win but the downside is it’s hard to stop once you get into the zone  and you might think that you could always profit from it but you cannot.
No one ever had made fantastic results from gambling or any earning source, so why we get into this with this purpose. Everyone knows this gambling is harmful for everyone and whosoever it would be, gambling just ruin their lives. So don’t let this chance to get into your life. Encase this is so attractive, if you played it for once even, you can’t just control your mind later on.

That's how gambling addiction will start because most of the people will start very slow in the beginning but gambling is the most addictive one which will make us invest more into it, even though we are losing money. Many people are addictive to it because they are making money through but the problem is they are losing money through gambling.

yeah, and if they see that they have a chance in gambling, I am sure that they will try to playing gambling but once again, they will lose their money. and if they do not realize about this, they will keep playing gambling without know how to stop and leave the gambling places and soon, they will become addictive in the gambling games. so, if we know about this and we are really concerned with our life, it is better for us to stop and quit gambling before it's too late for us to realize.
The situation will kept coming back, you'll win over but eventually loss all of your investments after all. Realization could not be so quick if you have to analyze the scenario specially when a person becames addicted to betting with gambling games. If you wanted to leave the current habits, then decide all alone and never think of your own specially when you're a family man. Your family is the center for everything so we need to deeply think the best for them, before everything will be gone. Quiting your old self and renewing it into a new you, in order for you to become much more successful person is the greatest achievements in life.
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:19:58 AM

I am sure there are also lots of ways to prevent yourself from being addictive to gambling. Go outside get some fresh air, Text or call your friends to drink a beer with them, Get married! Or for short get a life find a decent job that suits your self.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:42:17 AM

After loosing in gambling people situation will be in a dilemma and thinks negative about gambling but after some days again they will start gambling with fresh money. It is impossible to control ourselves after addicting to it.
btctalk4life

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:57:20 AM

After loosing in gambling people situation will be in a dilemma and thinks negative about gambling but after some days again they will start gambling with fresh money. It is impossible to control ourselves after addicting to it.
This is very true. Once we got our money from the payment of work or from something else, you will back to gambling and use the money to gambling. To be honest, it's really hard to quit gambling. When you have so much money on your hand or your wallet, you will think to gamble it.

Temujhin

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

it may be challenging to stop gambling that has become everyday and not so easy to stop gambling may at least reduce by changing his habit patterns with positive things, because the risk of gambling could be destroyed everything in terms of wealth or life because of the gambling defeat can get into debt, so it is possible to stop immediately
Sukut

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:54:51 AM

This is very true. Once we got our money from the payment of work or from something else, you will back to gambling and use the money to gambling. To be honest, it's really hard to quit gambling. When you have so much money on your hand or your wallet, you will think to gamble it.
Yes, it is an addiction and it is hard to quit gambling if you can't set up limit.
Stolivie

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:12:59 AM

I do not agree with you to play only billiards and don’t bet on it. When a gambler wants to quit gambling he must leave these things otherwise he would not be able to quit gambling. It doesn’t mean that if a gambler not plays games without betting he will quit himself. There are many outdoor games which can be played without betting and with a lot of enjoyment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: