Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL - Change your never to arrive order to "Mining by the GH" (Hosted)  (Read 3651 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:53:55 PM

Not sure if anyone noticed it but you can change your order at Butterfly Labs (for free) to "Mining by the GH". Jan/Feb start date. (I know, don't say it.  Cheesy )
https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-gh-cloud-hosted-bitcoin-hashing-power.html
You can essentially transfer the value of your order to hosted Mining at the rate of $10.83 per GH. (No fee)

This is about $1 more per Gh than their 300Ghash/s card and $2 more per GH than their 600Ghash/s card.

I know there are better prices out there, but if you are trapped in your order it might be better to take a chance here. Depending on your shipping fee, perhaps to have 8X the GHash/s for the same price hosted.
This is also a savings for others who are out of the US as you won't have to pay any customs.
E.g. - For me, it is just over 450 bucks shipped to Europe (plus another 100 in customs, so say 550 total for a 7Ghash/s Jalapeno) or 42 or so Ghash/S hosted. I'll take that chance.

Just an idea and curious on what you all think,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:14:22 PM

Not good!
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/3d3c9aecaa

So bad even if they start in january.
Well you'r screwed either way!
With your Jally you can always try to mine some other sha256 altcoins.
I have 60gh single order from May 12 and I'll stick to that!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:41:50 PM

Not good!
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/3d3c9aecaa

So bad even if they start in january.
Well you'r screwed either way!
With your Jally you can always try to mine some other sha256 altcoins.
I have 60gh single order from May 12 and I'll stick to that!

Yes, screwed either way.  Cry

But, at least now I don't have to go to customs and pay more money.
My bet is February or March on hashing.
BTC still pays better than the other coins to mine. I just checked.

The next hope is that BFL will up the hashing as I just don't see them selling much due to their pricing and huge loss of customers from the ongoing debacle.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:55:52 PM

Hello

I'm stuck with same Jalapeno 7GHs for europe

I don't find the option to convert for hosted mining, where is it?

I forget exactly but it was easy to find in my account. Just click on your order and there should be an upgrade and transfer option. Click upgrade, if memory serves me, and it should be the bottom of 3 options.

BTC = Black Swan.
vpasic

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:18:08 AM

BTC still pays better but what will happen in about month or two from now??
IMHO it is better to pay custom and have your own device, especially if you are dealing with BFL.

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:25:58 AM

BTC still pays better but what will happen in about month or two from now??
IMHO it is better to pay custom and have your own device, especially if you are dealing with BFL.

Guess it depends on which miner you ordered. BFL said they outsourced production of the Jalapeno's. But right at that time Jalapeno production went to a stand still and the other miners "suddenly" started to increase. I think BFL is and was lying and they just shifted focus. Perhaps they increase Jalapeno production again - just watch if it happens when the other miners catch up to the same date (Now mid March).

The thing with customs is, if your Jalapeno arrives in December or later (which is looking likely for many), your customs tax (100 Euro on a 7Ghash Jally) will be worth more than the Jally will.

The better risk, but still shitty, is going with the Mining BY The GH.

BTC = Black Swan.
vpasic

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 02:13:51 PM

I prefer to receive it and keep it in unopened box, like starwars goodies

And I will have something to remind me for what I was fucked in the ass.

+1

LOL

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:58:40 PM

I prefer to receive it and keep it in unopened box, like starwars goodies

And I will have something to remind me for what I was fucked in the ass.

LOL, Classic

And I would be lying if the thought hadn't cross my mind.

BTC = Black Swan.
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:18:25 AM

STOP posting about stupid BFL ponzi schemes on this forum  Angry
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:02:42 PM

I would love a BFL filter for forum thread titles.

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:33:43 PM

I would love a BFL filter for forum thread titles.

And what about those of us (probably many many people or is that "suckers" that bought from them)? Or is it a painful reminder?

Should we be penalized (more) cause you don't want to hear about them?  Shocked

This thread was started as a help and not to complain or the like so I don't see the bitching. It might save someone (like me) at least the customs tax.
I mean I understand the pain associated with it though.  Grin

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
gigawatt

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:15:39 PM

There seems to be one big unknown factor that makes determining if switching to hosted mining is a better deal: how high will the difficulty get before it finally starts to level out?

Currently, it's going at ~100% per month, but at that sustained rate you'd be looking at a 2 TRILLION difficulty by December of next year.  I don't think it's physically possible to churn out that much hardware to make it happen.

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:55:24 PM

Why anyone would want to continue supporting these Belligerent Fools at Life is beyond me.

Just let them go bankrupt already if they don't get arrested and sued first.

If you care about Bitcoin, you should care enough not to support these corrupt clowns.

Life is too short to reward their behavior.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:09:00 PM

Why anyone would want to continue supporting these Belligerent Fools at Life is beyond me.

If you care about Bitcoin, you should care enough not to support these corrupt clowns.

What are you talking about? If someone placed an order last year or months ago and wants to change to "Mining by the GH" then what is the problem? Is changing an order (without giving any more money) really supporting them?

Especially if this helps them to profit a little more than otherwise, or again, like me - avoid Customs taxes - which is getting to be worth more than the miner.

The pain must run deep...

BTC = Black Swan.
giveaway

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

Well if BFL really does host the cards there still probably gonna scrape a bit of bitcoin off the top of everyones mining contract
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:26:18 PM

What are you talking about? If someone placed an order last year or months ago and wants to change to "Mining by the GH" then what is the problem? Is changing an order (without giving any more money) really supporting them?

Especially if this helps them to profit a little more than otherwise, or again, like me - avoid Customs taxes - which is getting to be worth more than the miner.

The delusions must run deep...

Do whatever you want dude, but don't ignore the wisdom of these forums.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

soon there will be late night infomercials not to feed the hungry in africa, but to send a quarter to BFL refugees

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:48:57 AM

Learn from past , do the maths , will any one ever make any ROI from "Mining by the GH" , there already many group buy on this thread already mining @ current difficulty level , which are cheaper than "Mining by the GH" but ROI on those group buys is still difficult , STOP Advertising for Black Fucking Hole , Parasites of Bitcoin world.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:54:19 AM

Learn from past , do the maths , will any one ever make any ROI from "Mining by the GH" , there already many group buy on this thread already mining @ current difficulty level , which are cheaper than "Mining by the GH" but ROI on those group buys is still difficult , STOP Advertising for Black Fucking Hole , Parasites of Bitcoin world.

I wish the forum would stop taking there advertising fee's also.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:07:44 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 07:09:57 AM by Its About Sharing

The math isn't clear yet, but it looks like a December/January Jalapeno will have next to no return. In my case it won't even pay for the customs tax (which I just got rid of.)
I don't want to pay another 100 bucks in customs fees. And I've done something wrong?

Look, I think BFL has continually F'd the customer and I don't support them but if something saves me (or us) money then why not try it?

It is almost like I (we) should take it on the chin as some of you think this might help BFL. Farthest thing in my mind. I could care less about them.
I mentioned this as it possibly could help some with a (later) order date.

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: