Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:21:08 AM

I understand it can't show me hash stats when using klaust, but is it possible to at the very least tell me the pool I am on or even the coin it's mining?

I can see where that would be useful. I'm not sure if it will be in 1.7.1, but I will definitely make the change for 1.8. In the meantime, that information should already be visible in the the Output box at the bottom of the Mine tab.  FYI, MiningPoolHub changed something in their API last night or earlier today that broke Cryptonight in Hash Auger and a few other programs.  I'm testing a fix now, which is why I can't guarantee that the change to the miner stat panels for Klaust will be in 1.7.1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:42:45 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 08:32:05 AM by HashAuger

A few discussion points:

(1) Is it in the eventual plan to change up how the developer contribution works? Not necessarily the amount of fee, but how it's obtained. While I love your software, it is a bit unorthodox in terms of the one 20 min block of time. Normally I wouldn't care about the one block, but here's why it matters for me.

Every day without fail my computer will freeze for some odd reason. I am not necessarily blaming HA...it could be it but I can't prove it for sure (it could also be Teamviewer screwing with me).  Sometimes I'll find the machine frozen and others it'll just have basically restarted back to square one.  Every time it does that, assuming I restart HA, I "reset" the developer contribution.  As discussed with you before, the software is designed to get that contribution no matter how many minutes left in the day there is (generally).  If there is 1 hour left in the day and you're just starting your mining for the day (or you've just rebooted your computer), it's going to donate another 20 mins no matter how many times you've already donated that day.

Today is a prime example of this. I've done (at a minimum) two 20 minute donations today.  Once during the morning before my 3pm freeze/reset, and once after I rebooted (that's all I'm aware of, I haven't checked logs to see if there are other reboots in there). I actually ordered another 16 GB of RAM for my rig to see if it might help the freezing..it seems to occur upon coin switch (i.e. the "starting" of 8 different ccminer processes).  I figured more RAM above and beyond my 8 GB existing would help.  I want to install that right now, but if I do and restart HA, I'll donate ANOTHER 20 mins to you in the ~1 hour left before midnight.   Maybe the RAM will solve my issues here and this won't be a problem anymore, but in general this doesn't seem like the ideal way to go about this.

Is there any consideration with modifying the formula to be shorter blocks (e.g. 5 mins every 6 hours of mining), or maybe a way to track on your end that we've made the required contribution for the day so that if I have to reboot, I won't be held hostage?

That is definitely not the intended behavior. The software should keep track of whether or not the dev fee has run for the day regardless of the number of times you stop and then restart it. An exception would be if you delete the .exe file or if the dev contribution is interrupted by the user or a system crash. I'll run some tests on my machines to see if stopping/restarting the software is causing the developer contribution to run more often than it should before I release 1.7.1 so I have an opportunity to fix it as soon as possible.

Since you mentioned TeamViewer, I have to ask if you had to change any settings to get Hash Auger to display properly. Some users are reporting that the software is just a blank window in TeamViewer but the problem goes away when they hook up a monitor to the rig.

(2)  Separate request or question - is it possible to manually update miners without waiting for you to update HA? For example (making up versions), if the current version of HA had nevermore 2.2 and I wanted 2.4...is it just taking the download from github and replacing the files in the miner folders exactly as they are, or is there something on the back end that would prevent me in doing that? #3 is related to this...

It is possible to update the miners by editing the config files. However, if the mining software changes its screen output format, the software may not be able to parse it correctly which would probably result in some broken functionality. Also, if the miner adds algorithms, there would be other config changes that would also need to be made.  However, I could probably type up some directions for advanced users such as yourself.

Speaking of Nevermore, 1.7.1 will include the new merged version of Nevermore so x16s should be a little faster.

(3)  I see when ccminer pops up that it says something at the top about "cuda 8".  I have 1080ti's that use "cuda 9", or at least that's what other miner or software versions tell me when they start (outside of HA).  Could that be causing any stability or performance issues for me? I'm not an expert so this could easily be a dumb question.

Looking at the miner output, Xevan appears to be the only variant of CCminer that still uses Cuda8. Unfortunately, that miner has never been updated, so I don't expect that to change. You can try disabling that algorithm and see if it helps your stability issues. Is there a pattern to which algorithm(s) the software is mining when the system freezes?

(4)  Any plans to build in some sort of maybe telegram or email notification when mining has stopped (so we can use corrective actions to fix it)?

Sorry for the long post, and while none of the above prevents me from using HA, these thoughts have been on my mind and thought I'd get them out there.

I definitely appreciate the feedback, especially about the developer contribution - that is something I want to address as quickly as possible.  I'm definitely thinking about including support for offline notifications, I just need to setup a cloud repository for that functionality since the feature wouldn't work too well if the contact information was stored on the rig and the rig was down. Unfortunately, that means working out some security and privacy concerns before I can put it into place.
jbeck

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:13:03 AM

whats up with x13 the last few days?   It has been reported to be paying between $23 and $356.   I know this is an error but where does the error come from?   Luckily I have the auto price set to rule out these kind of errors.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:26:50 AM

whats up with x13 the last few days?   It has been reported to be paying between $23 and $356.   I know this is an error but where does the error come from?   Luckily I have the auto price set to rule out these kind of errors.

That feature is coming in handy for a lot of different reasons lately. Is that on Zergpool or a different pool? I haven't seen x13 priced like that on my rigs and I verified that the price estimate should be based on MH/s on that pool.  What's your benchmarked hash rate for that algorithm?
pizzaslut

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:31:39 AM

Zpool has been the most incorrect for me. It still shows me in the $6 range for keccak cpu mining, and $4 on a 1070 ti for x17(seems high for the current market, but then again maybe the algo hit?).
mininglesbian

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:45:11 AM

I'ved heard positive things Mining speed pool and of zpools dedicated pool. Can we get font that is clear on the next version please/
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:51:17 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 05:24:55 AM by HashAuger

Zpool has been the most incorrect for me. It still shows me in the $6 range for keccak cpu mining, and $4 on a 1070 ti for x17(seems high for the current market, but then again maybe the algo hit?).

There is something going on with keccak that is driving a lot of traffic to that pool. Remember how yesterday I said the hash rate doubled a couple of times to 80,000 gh/s? Well, today it spiked to over 200,000 gh/s and the price at one point today was close to .3mBTC/GH/Day, which is higher than it was yesterday. I don't know how accurate the pool's price estimates are for that algorithm, but evidently a lot of different miners think they are legit. As for x17, the price keeps fluctuating betwen .02 and .04 mBTC/MH/Day according to the Zpool website, so $4 seems possible for a 1070ti a the high end of that. Verge just came back after the recent attack, so its pricing is pretty volatile right now.

My advice has always been to find a few pools that you like and just mine on them. If you doubt a pool's estimates, you can always disable the pool for awhile and come back to it later to see if the estimates have gotten any better .  
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:54:32 AM

I'ved heard positive things Mining speed pool and of zpools dedicated pool. Can we get font that is clear on the next version please/

I already have Miningspeedpool on my list to look at. I wasn't aware that Zpool had a dedicated pool, if you could post a link, I'll take a look at it too. Sorry to hear you are having issues reading the font.  Is the font size too small or do you have a different issue? Is it in a particular spot or throughout the entire application?  The more specifics that I know, the faster I can try to resolve the issue.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:40:07 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 08:20:10 AM by HashAuger

Is there any consideration with modifying the formula to be shorter blocks (e.g. 5 mins every 6 hours of mining), or maybe a way to track on your end that we've made the required contribution for the day so that if I have to reboot, I won't be held hostage?

I did track down an issue where the developer contribution could run a second time in the same day if the system was rebooted after the first developer contribution ran.  The exact circumstances were a little more complicated than just restarting the computer, but obviously any extra developer contribution is one too many. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and please accept my sincere apologies; I try to be as transparent and fair as possible with the contributions, so any bugs with the process are my highest priority. I understand the intent of your suggestion to divide the time into smaller chunks. I'm willing to consider making that change if the twenty minute block continues to have issues. My concerns are mainly based on how smaller chunks of time would cause a increase in lost productivity for users due to the extra task switching and that adding complexity to the process could make it more error-prone. As I said though, I want the process to be fair for everyone, so I am open to the idea that a single block may not be ideal.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:46:15 AM

I understand it can't show me hash stats when using klaust, but is it possible to at the very least tell me the pool I am on or even the coin it's mining?

I can see where that would be useful. I'm not sure if it will be in 1.7.1, but I will definitely make the change for 1.8. In the meantime, that information should already be visible in the the Output box at the bottom of the Mine tab.  FYI, MiningPoolHub changed something in their API last night or earlier today that broke Cryptonight in Hash Auger and a few other programs.  I'm testing a fix now, which is why I can't guarantee that the change to the miner stat panels for Klaust will be in 1.7.1.

Adding the Pool and Coin information to the Klaust miner panels was a simple change, so I was able to include it in 1.7.1 after all.  Thanks for the feedback.
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:31:30 PM

A few discussion points:

(1) Is it in the eventual plan to change up how the developer contribution works? Not necessarily the amount of fee, but how it's obtained. While I love your software, it is a bit unorthodox in terms of the one 20 min block of time. Normally I wouldn't care about the one block, but here's why it matters for me.

Every day without fail my computer will freeze for some odd reason. I am not necessarily blaming HA...it could be it but I can't prove it for sure (it could also be Teamviewer screwing with me).  Sometimes I'll find the machine frozen and others it'll just have basically restarted back to square one.  Every time it does that, assuming I restart HA, I "reset" the developer contribution.  As discussed with you before, the software is designed to get that contribution no matter how many minutes left in the day there is (generally).  If there is 1 hour left in the day and you're just starting your mining for the day (or you've just rebooted your computer), it's going to donate another 20 mins no matter how many times you've already donated that day.

Today is a prime example of this. I've done (at a minimum) two 20 minute donations today.  Once during the morning before my 3pm freeze/reset, and once after I rebooted (that's all I'm aware of, I haven't checked logs to see if there are other reboots in there). I actually ordered another 16 GB of RAM for my rig to see if it might help the freezing..it seems to occur upon coin switch (i.e. the "starting" of 8 different ccminer processes).  I figured more RAM above and beyond my 8 GB existing would help.  I want to install that right now, but if I do and restart HA, I'll donate ANOTHER 20 mins to you in the ~1 hour left before midnight.   Maybe the RAM will solve my issues here and this won't be a problem anymore, but in general this doesn't seem like the ideal way to go about this.

That is definitely not the intended behavior. The software should keep track of whether or not the dev fee has run for the day regardless of the number of times you stop and then restart it. An exception would be if you delete the .exe file or if the dev contribution is interrupted by the user or a system crash. I'll run some tests on my machines to see if stopping/restarting the software is causing the developer contribution to run more often than it should before I release 1.7.1 so I have an opportunity to fix it as soon as possible.

Since you mentioned TeamViewer, I have to ask if you had to change any settings to get Hash Auger to display properly. Some users are reporting that the software is just a blank window in TeamViewer but the problem goes away when they hook up a monitor to the rig.

(2)  Separate request or question - is it possible to manually update miners without waiting for you to update HA? For example (making up versions), if the current version of HA had nevermore 2.2 and I wanted 2.4...is it just taking the download from github and replacing the files in the miner folders exactly as they are, or is there something on the back end that would prevent me in doing that? #3 is related to this...

It is possible to update the miners by editing the config files. However, if the mining software changes its screen output format, the software may not be able to parse it correctly which would probably result in some broken functionality. Also, if the miner adds algorithms, there would be other config changes that would also need to be made.  However, I could probably type up some directions for advanced users such as yourself.

Speaking of Nevermore, 1.7.1 will include the new merged version of Nevermore so x16s should be a little faster.

(3)  I see when ccminer pops up that it says something at the top about "cuda 8".  I have 1080ti's that use "cuda 9", or at least that's what other miner or software versions tell me when they start (outside of HA).  Could that be causing any stability or performance issues for me? I'm not an expert so this could easily be a dumb question.

Looking at the miner output, Xevan appears to be the only variant of CCminer that still uses Cuda8. Unfortunately, that miner has never been updated, so I don't expect that to change. You can try disabling that algorithm and see if it helps your stability issues. Is there a pattern to which algorithm(s) the software is mining when the system freezes?

(4)  Any plans to build in some sort of maybe telegram or email notification when mining has stopped (so we can use corrective actions to fix it)?

Sorry for the long post, and while none of the above prevents me from using HA, these thoughts have been on my mind and thought I'd get them out there.

I definitely appreciate the feedback, especially about the developer contribution - that is something I want to address as quickly as possible.  I'm definitely thinking about including support for offline notifications, I just need to setup a cloud repository for that functionality since the feature wouldn't work too well if the contact information was stored on the rig and the rig was down. Unfortunately, that means working out some security and privacy concerns before I can put it into place.

Nice! Thanks for addressing. 

(1) Yeah I would imagine it would be hard to make sure the developer contribution was recorded if there was a crash or something (which is in case what happens with me on occasion).  Maybe writing it to the log files as soon as the contribution is done for the day (or something)?  I'm not a coder in any way so I'm not sure how you actually do it now.

On Teamviewer, I haven't really had issues others are saying. HA shows up fine (i.e. not a blank window). Any team viewer issues I've had have been on connection to the program itself, having nothing to do with HA.  Note, my monitor is plugged into my motherboard and NOT any of the cards I use for mining.

(2) Nah no worries, was just curious.  Not necessary.

(3) There's no particular pattern that I can see. The last time I caught it, it was lyra2v2....but that algo runs fine other times. Agree on xevan, that one is cuda 8, but I caught another one (randomly) this morning while it was mining skein on klaust (I think)?

(4) Also no worries here on notifications; I can imagine the privacy concerns and this being easier said than done.  Certainly not a priority.  Would rather you focus your efforts as you are re: expanding functionality, addressing user concerns, etc.

Thanks!
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:40:28 PM

I did track down an issue where the developer contribution could run a second time in the same day if the system was rebooted after the first developer contribution ran.  The exact circumstances were a little more complicated than just restarting the computer, but obviously any extra developer contribution is one too many. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and please accept my sincere apologies; I try to be as transparent and fair as possible with the contributions, so any bugs with the process are my highest priority. I understand the intent of your suggestion to divide the time into smaller chunks. I'm willing to consider making that change if the twenty minute block continues to have issues. My concerns are mainly based on how smaller chunks of time would cause a increase in lost productivity for users due to the extra task switching and that adding complexity to the process could make it more error-prone. As I said though, I want the process to be fair for everyone, so I am open to the idea that a single block may not be ideal.

Certainly understandable on all accounts.  I don't have an issue with the 20 mins as long as it's done once, regardless of how many times I may have had to reboot that day (for whatever reason) or via freezes.  I know it wasn't your intention to have it do that, but as I've noticed it quite a few times (letting it go all the other times); last night was the kicker when I wanted to try to install more RAM to (maybe) fix the freezing issue, and couldn't risk restarting HA without (maybe) another developer contribution kicking in (or not).

No need to divide the time into smaller chunks if the 20 min block works as intended, in my opinion.  I was only suggesting in the event there was no good way to fix the issue, then in my last night example and I had 1 hour left of mining in the "day" before midnight, then I would have only risked a 5 min contribution and not a 20 min one (after I had done 40 mins for sure earlier that day).

Thank you for addressing.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:22:16 PM

Nice! Thanks for addressing. 

(1) Yeah I would imagine it would be hard to make sure the developer contribution was recorded if there was a crash or something (which is in case what happens with me on occasion).  Maybe writing it to the log files as soon as the contribution is done for the day (or something)?  I'm not a coder in any way so I'm not sure how you actually do it now.

On Teamviewer, I haven't really had issues others are saying. HA shows up fine (i.e. not a blank window). Any team viewer issues I've had have been on connection to the program itself, having nothing to do with HA.  Note, my monitor is plugged into my motherboard and NOT any of the cards I use for mining.

(2) Nah no worries, was just curious.  Not necessary.

(3) There's no particular pattern that I can see. The last time I caught it, it was lyra2v2....but that algo runs fine other times. Agree on xevan, that one is cuda 8, but I caught another one (randomly) this morning while it was mining skein on klaust (I think)?

(4) Also no worries here on notifications; I can imagine the privacy concerns and this being easier said than done.  Certainly not a priority.  Would rather you focus your efforts as you are re: expanding functionality, addressing user concerns, etc.

Thanks!

Let me know if you notice any other issues with the developer contribution. I'll try to do some more testing of alternative scenarios to see if there are any other cases where it may not work as intended. Thanks for the TeamViewer info; perhaps the problem only occurs when there isn't a monitor plugged into the rig at all. You are correct about Klaust; the config file is currently grabbing the Cuda 8 version instead of the Cuda 9.1 version. Sorry I missed that last night. I'm already testing the software with the other version of the miner and it seems to be a seamless replacement. NiceHash just changed how a couple of their algorithms are priced, so I need to send out a small update today anyways.

pizzaslut

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:28:38 PM

Adding the Pool and Coin information to the Klaust miner panels was a simple change, so I was able to include it in 1.7.1 after all.  Thanks for the feedback.
Thank you that really made things easier to keep track off.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:20:45 PM

Hash Auger version 1.7.2 now uses the Cuda 9.1 version of Klaust; thanks for bringing that to my attention.  You shouldn't have to re-benchmark your devices, but a warning message will be displayed about the miner having been deleted as the file name changed. Also, the software doesn't yet delete old versions of the miners, so you may want to manually delete the previous version of Klaust if disk space is a concern. Also, since the upgrade replaces the Hash Auger .exe file, it may trigger a second developer contribution if one has already run for the day.  I'm currently working on a fix for this that I am planning to include in 1.8.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:29:09 PM

Thank you that really made things easier to keep track off.

No problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:00:22 AM

Is it possible to add Graft and Verium coins please?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2956324.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1540023.0
jbeck

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:39:25 AM

Ok. I have had six straight days of running hashauger without any downtime except to apply updates.  I have 5 1080ti's.
I am mining zergpool and converting to litecoin.   I have hashauger on fully automatic.   I have banked $50 in the six days.  Should i be getting better and if so can we start a collective and talk about what is or is not working for you?   i would like to keep hashauger in the mix and try different setups that you are working with.   I would love to see at least $3.00 a day for my 1080ti but it is looking that the best I can do is about $1.80 on a several day average.  I am not opposed to converting to another coin.  I have not setup up a wallet yet to convert to fiat.  I really think hashauger is developing into a pretty great utility and I completely trust this app.  I really dont trust any of the pools I have used.  
So If your doing better with a 1080ti can you lend some assistance?  Or show me some proof to give motivation to do more tweaking.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:38:55 AM

Ok. I have had six straight days of running hashauger without any downtime except to apply updates.  I have 5 1080ti's.
I am mining zergpool and converting to litecoin.   I have hashauger on fully automatic.   I have banked $50 in the six days.  Should i be getting better and if so can we start a collective and talk about what is or is not working for you?   i would like to keep hashauger in the mix and try different setups that you are working with.   I would love to see at least $3.00 a day for my 1080ti but it is looking that the best I can do is about $1.80 on a several day average.  I am not opposed to converting to another coin.  I have not setup up a wallet yet to convert to fiat.  I really think hashauger is developing into a pretty great utility and I completely trust this app.  I really dont trust any of the pools I have used.  
So If your doing better with a 1080ti can you lend some assistance?  Or show me some proof to give motivation to do more tweaking.

I think you could do a bit better with a Bitcoin wallet as it would give you the opportunity to try other pools such as AHashPool, BlazePool and HashRefinery. You might be able to do better still if you mined specific coins, but then you are betting that the value of those coin will rise more in the future - which is a risk that not everyone wants to take. Also, some people prefer the convenience of auto-exchange instead of managing multiple wallets and doing manual exchanges. It just depends on how involved you want to be and where you see the market headed.

Whether you decide to stick with Litecoin or try a Bitcoin wallet, you may want to try adjusting the Minimum Price Switch % in the software.  Right now, I've trying a 15% minimum to see if that is more profitable. There is a slight loss of productivity when you switch algorithms in any software because of the time it takes it shut down the current miner, start a new miner and then wait for the new miner to initialize and get work.  This process usually takes less than minute per switch, but the time can add up over the course of day. The default value of 10% covers this cost even if you are switching at the fastest interval (10 minutes). Increasing this value to 12 or 15% may improve profitability by preventing the software from switching algorithms when it is only marginally profitable to do so.

You can improve profitability by tweaking your devices with both overclocks and custom algorithm intensities. However, I think the biggest factor will always be pool prices. If you don't like the pool you're using, it would be better to try a different pool than spend too much time trying to boost your hash rate. An extra few percent increase in hash rates isn't going to make up for a pool that pays out a bit less than you are expecting.
jbeck

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:07:18 AM

All that is understandable.  Thanks.  But for my curiosity what can be expected if I really try to fine tune and really chase the profits with my cards? 
I am trying unimining.net and not having luck getting it going.  I assume it pays out in bitcoin.  I have my bitcoinr address from exodus.  I added a new wallet in HA  with my bitcoin wallet address.  In unimining.net setup under wallets I dont have a linked box that allows me to chose my new bitcoin wallet.  Only my old litecoin wallet is available.  If I try to start mining with litecoin selected the miner wont start. 
I did go to uniminer.net and added my exodus bitcoin wallet address but it does not want to stick. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: