Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:21:04 PM

Obviously that is a disappointing result.  Despite the drop in the value of BTC and the hit on earnings caused by the Verge attack, you should be earning more than that.  Some people have questioned the timeliness of the estimates provided by Zergpool (both on this thread and on the pool's thread), so you may want to Use Actual Prices Instead of Estimates for that pool.  Personally, I prefer using the MC Parameter rather than Auto-Switch ports on Zergpool (and BlockMasters) because the estimates are based on each coin's value and not the average for the entire port.

Yeah, I was using Zergpool's MC Parameter, but that's seem to matter too much.  I think I'll just switch back to Blazepool and see how that goes.

Also, since BlazePool and Zergpool are similarly sized, most users tend to use one or the other. What can happen is that since both pools are popular, many miners will chase the most profitable coin on each pool. When you have both pools enabled, more often than not you will be switching between the ports that have the most miners - which means higher difficulty and lower shares in rewards.  If you stick to either BlazePool or Zergpool and then add a smaller pool such as AHashPool, BlockMasters, HashRefinery or StarPool, you are better positioned to build bigger stakes in coins whose values are rising rather than smaller shares in coins whose values have peaked.

I did have Blazepool and Ahashpool enabled for a day and saw similar low profits.  I've used Hashrefinery in the past, and I may switch to that as Ahashpool is actually almost as big as Blazepool at this point.  If your theory about having a bigger and smaller pool is correct, then I will switch to something with less than 1000 miners, such as Hashrefinery.

I'm always looking at ways to help users improve their earnings. The latest release, 1.9.2 includes a new pool option to build bigger shares in coins that I would recommend using for either BlazePool or Zergpool.  The situation is that some of the more popular algorithms (Neoscrypt, x16, Phi for example) on these pools have so many miners that if you just mine these ports when the prices are high, you usually end up with a really small share in the next block reward - fractions of a percent. While still profitable, you could be earning a little more by investing some more mining time in these coins.  This new feature tells the software to delay switching work based on price when it estimates that your current stake in the next block for the current algorithm is very low.   It can definitely help your earnings on bigger pools even if you may switch work a little less frequently.

Interesting.  I've enabled this on Blazepool and will see if it makes a difference.

I understand the skepticism and appreciate the fact you have given me the opportunity to respond to your concerns.  Based on my own experience, mining with one bigger pool and one smaller pool helps with earnings as you not as likely to be trapped following each pool's mining patterns. Also, based on my testing with BlazePool and Zergpool, the Build Bigger Shares option helps to get more earnings with coins that are slower to payout, such as Raven.  Of course I cannot guarantee it will work for everyone due to differences in rigs plus luck and the whims of the cryptomarkets. 

But here are my results from the last 24 hours on Blaze with up to 9 GPUs (mostly 1080s - but two aren't mining full time since they turn my home office into an oven during the day): https://imgur.com/a/76E78Mr.  I was paid out yesterday and enabled the Build Larger Shares option on all my rigs about 12 hours ago.  Keep in mind, as I mentioned before, I spread my mining work thin across a few pools to increase my test coverage of the software, so I am not mining solely on Blazepool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:31:32 PM

I understand the skepticism and appreciate the fact you have given me the opportunity to respond to your concerns.  Based on my own experience, mining with one bigger pool and one smaller pool helps with earnings as you not as likely to be trapped following each pool's mining patterns. Also, based on my testing with BlazePool and Zergpool, the Build Bigger Shares option helps to get more earnings with coins that are slower to payout, such as Raven.  Of course I cannot guarantee it will work for everyone due to differences in rigs plus luck and the whims of the cryptomarkets. 

But here are my results from the last 24 hours on Blaze with up to 9 GPUs (mostly 1080s - but two aren't mining full time since they turn my home office into an oven during the day): https://imgur.com/a/76E78Mr.  I was paid out yesterday and enabled the Build Larger Shares option on all my rigs about 12 hours ago.  Keep in mind, as I mentioned before, I spread my mining work thin across a few pools to increase my test coverage of the software, so I am not mining solely on Blazepool.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions, it is much appreciated.

I'm going with Blazepool and Blockmasters with "build larger shares" on both and "use mine coin" on Blockmasters.  I'm no using the "actual price instead of estimates" yet, but we'll run with this for a day or so and see what it is like tomorrow.  Hopefully things look better.  I really want to use your program as you are a very responsive dev and seem to be genuinely interested in helping.  Thank you.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 08:56:48 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions, it is much appreciated.

I'm going with Blazepool and Blockmasters with "build larger shares" on both and "use mine coin" on Blockmasters.  I'm no using the "actual price instead of estimates" yet, but we'll run with this for a day or so and see what it is like tomorrow.  Hopefully things look better.  I really want to use your program as you are a very responsive dev and seem to be genuinely interested in helping.  Thank you.

I genuinely want to see all users of the software benefit from using it and it is unfortunate that it has taken awhile to find the optimal configuration for your rig. Maybe in the future and based on ongoing feedback from users, it will be easier to define more general guidelines for new users based on hardware configurations and user preferences.

Another suggestion is that if you are using Z-Enemy miner as the preferred miner for any of the algorithms it supports, you may want to follow the developer's recommendations for intensity settings found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3378390.0  Some of the miner's default settings are not the recommended values.  If you change the intensity settings for a preferred miner, you may want to consider locking that miner if you are using the Change Preferred Miners Automatically advanced configuration setting.

In regards to BlockMasters, you may want to read this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4101412.0 to see what others have been saying about their price estimates. I don't agree with everything being said in that thread, but I have found that the actual prices are closer to my expectations than some of the current estimates.

jmayniac

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:51:30 PM

Another suggestion is that if you are using Z-Enemy miner as the preferred miner for any of the algorithms it supports, you may want to follow the developer's recommendations for intensity settings found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3378390.0  Some of the miner's default settings are not the recommended values.  If you change the intensity settings
for a preferred miner, you may want to consider locking that miner if you are using the Change Preferred Miners Automatically advanced configuration setting.

I haven't made any changes to intensity as I wanted to see what the default values do, but I will look into that.  Thanks.

In regards to BlockMasters, you may want to read this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4101412.0 to see what others have been saying about their price estimates. I don't agree with everything being said in that thread, but I have found that the actual prices are closer to my expectations than some of the current estimates.

Just read that thread and that looks bad for BlockMasters.  I'm not sure if i want to use a pool that inflates prices.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 02:09:16 AM

Another suggestion is that if you are using Z-Enemy miner as the preferred miner for any of the algorithms it supports, you may want to follow the developer's recommendations for intensity settings found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3378390.0  Some of the miner's default settings are not the recommended values.  If you change the intensity settings
for a preferred miner, you may want to consider locking that miner if you are using the Change Preferred Miners Automatically advanced configuration setting.

I haven't made any changes to intensity as I wanted to see what the default values do, but I will look into that.  Thanks.

Just read that thread and that looks bad for BlockMasters.  I'm not sure if i want to use a pool that inflates prices.

The author makes some compelling points. There may be technical reasons for some of the discrepancies. We will just have to see how the pool responds. Unfortunately, they are not the only pool to have had to face that type of allegation. I haven’t had any issues with payouts from them and the actual prices seem more closely aligned  with those of similar pools than their estimates. I just wanted to let you know about those issues since you said you were going to try that pool.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:48:19 AM

Another suggestion is that if you are using Z-Enemy miner as the preferred miner for any of the algorithms it supports, you may want to follow the developer's recommendations for intensity settings found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3378390.0  Some of the miner's default settings are not the recommended values.  If you change the intensity settings

I haven't made any changes to intensity as I wanted to see what the default values do, but I will look into that.  Thanks.

Just read that thread and that looks bad for BlockMasters.  I'm not sure if i want to use a pool that inflates prices.

To give a quick update on this, BlockMasters just updated their pool and according to the author of the post about their estimate accuracy, they are now lower than most other pools. It will be interesting to watch how their estimates compare with those of other pools over time.
jmayniac

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:12:25 PM

To give a quick update on this, BlockMasters just updated their pool and according to the author of the post about their estimate accuracy, they are now lower than most other pools. It will be interesting to watch how their estimates compare with those of other pools over time.

After enabling larger shares for Blazepool, I'm up to about 0.00124424 a day according to their site.  It's about what I was making before mining just Ravencoin.

I think i'll try to add Blockmasters into the mix and see what the daily average is after that.  The update they did looks nice.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 09:30:13 PM

After enabling larger shares for Blazepool, I'm up to about 0.00124424 a day according to their site.  It's about what I was making before mining just Ravencoin.

I think i'll try to add Blockmasters into the mix and see what the daily average is after that.  The update they did looks nice.

I'm glad to hear that your earnings are doing better than what they were the last time you posted. So far the Build Bigger Shares option has improved my earnings on Blazepool as well. It is good to see that BlockMasters responded relatively quickly to the concerns about their estimates and you can definitely tell that they put some work into their updated version. Given that some pools simply ignore such concerns, that does say something about the pool and its admins.
Khazore

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:30:44 AM

Greetings,

I just downloaded HashAuger 1.9.3 today and am running the benchmarking.   I am getting interesting errors stating that cpuminer needs to be downloaded and hasn't finished and to restart the software, I don't have any indication it's trying to do so at all.  and all the benchmarking is failing due to there not being a miner available.  is there something I can do to download cpuminer that you've added to the software?

[2018-05-26 8:11 PM] Error: Cannot find the executable file for the cpuminer miner. Please restart Hash Auger to download the miner package again.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 03:46:58 AM

Greetings,

I just downloaded HashAuger 1.9.3 today and am running the benchmarking.   I am getting interesting errors stating that cpuminer needs to be downloaded and hasn't finished and to restart the software, I don't have any indication it's trying to do so at all.  and all the benchmarking is failing due to there not being a miner available.  is there something I can do to download cpuminer that you've added to the software?

[2018-05-26 8:11 PM] Error: Cannot find the executable file for the cpuminer miner. Please restart Hash Auger to download the miner package again.

Thank you for trying the software. Sorry to hear you are having issues with downloading CPUMiner. If you have Windows Defender or another anti-virus software running, you most likely need to create an exclusion for the HashAuger\Miners folder. Unfortunately, some mining software has been inaccurately labeled as threats because they have been misused by malware. Without an exclusion on the folder, Windows Defender will quarantine or delete the mining software every time Hash Auger attempts to install it.

If you have any questions on how to add an exclusion in Windows Defender or if the problem continues after you do, please let me know.
jmayniac

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:25:49 PM

Would it be possible to add something like revenue over the past 24 hours?  It's hard trying to calculate whether I'm actually being profitable.  Maybe just add a "Profit" area with stats?  I kind of like the way MOAMiner does it.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 06:15:56 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 06:31:55 PM by HashAuger

Would it be possible to add something like revenue over the past 24 hours?  It's hard trying to calculate whether I'm actually being profitable.  Maybe just add a "Profit" area with stats?  I kind of like the way MOAMiner does it.

Thanks for your feedback. I am working on ways to make it more convienent for users to keep track of earnings over time. Since this information is available though other sources, it has been less of a development priority for me. I’ve been focusing on configuration options that allow users to optimize the performance of their rigs. However I recognize the convienence of having more earnings information displayed in the UI. While these enhancements won’t be 1.9.4, they will be included in the software in the near future.

Given the volatility of the value of Bitcoin and other cryptocoins, I am not a fan of calculating profit in dollars or any other fiat currency as the accuracy depends heavily on the current exchange rate. Plus, without keeping track of electricty costs, one cannot really calculate profit, only revenue. Perhaps MOAMiner keeps track of each card's wattage and the user's electricity rate, but Hash Auger currently does not. That being said, I will be making it more convenient to keep track of revenues in the near future.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:09:57 PM

A quick note for any users looking to tune their difficulty settings.  The Manual Difficulty and Difficulty % cannot be used at the same time for a given algorithm - only one or the other. The difference between the two options is that the Manual Difficulty is a parameter sent to the pool that specifies a static difficulty level. In contrast, the Difficulty % is used by supported miners to adjust the automatic difficulty level assigned by the pool.  For example, a Difficulty % of 95 will have the mining software decrease the assigned difficulty level by 5%.
Seetth

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:20:18 AM

I just hear about this miner, I have a question about  miner fee, something I didnt like with nemos was that if the rig restarts 5 times in a day you end paying the fee 5 times in a day, how hash auger handles the fees? its for true 24 hrs? or the fee runs like nemos after the 1 hr mining?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:18:27 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 05:55:50 PM by HashAuger

I just hear about this miner, I have a question about  miner fee, something I didnt like with nemos was that if the rig restarts 5 times in a day you end paying the fee 5 times in a day, how hash auger handles the fees? its for true 24 hrs? or the fee runs like nemos after the 1 hr mining?

That is a good question.  With Hash Auger, the developer contribution is based on the calendar date and not a rolling 24 hour period. That makes it easier to keep track of whether the contribution was made for that day so it will not run again even if the system is rebooted or the software restarts.  The time at which the contribution runs is selected randomly each day, so it most likely will not be evenly spaced 24 hours apart. For example, it may run at 11:00 in the morning on May 28th, 18:30 on the 29th and 3:00 in the morning on the 30th, etc.  It is designed that way to be fair for everyone since it is not based on estimated earnings or mining work at all - it has an equal chance of running when estimates are low as it does when they are high. However, once it runs for that day, it should not run again no matter how may times you exit the application.  Also, unlike some other applications, all bechmarking done on a pool is credited to your wallet address, not the developer’s.

Some of the third party mining software (such as DSTM, Nevermore, XmRig and Z-Enemy) has its own fee that may run when those miners are being used. Hash Auger includes those fees when calculating estimated earnings so the software will only switch to algorithms that use those miners when it is profitable to do so.
moofone

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:45:52 AM

Nice Work, HashAuguer!

Thank you for adding icemining.ca Smiley
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:18:05 AM

What do you use, 1080 tee will work quickly? Hsr also work at 1,050 tee faster. Do you mine on different maps?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

Nice Work, HashAuguer!

Thank you for adding icemining.ca Smiley

Thank you!  I saw your announcement on /r/GPUMining recently and it looks like your pool is off to a great start.  Anyone mining coins directly rather than auto-exchanging should consider your pool.  Best regards and please let me know as you add new coins, so I can include them in the software. I try to keep my eye out for announcements, but a direct heads-up is always appreciated.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:01:19 PM

What do you use, 1080 tee will work quickly? Hsr also work at 1,050 tee faster. Do you mine on different maps?

Hello Sergey. Yes, I have a few 1080ti GPUs as do many Hash Auger users. They are really quick for most algorithms even if you do not overclock them. Which mining software will work the fastest on a 1080ti really depends on if you are overclocking and which algorithms you are talking about.  Some older miners written for Cuda SDK 8.0 (Alexis, CCMiner-Phi, xevan) can have stability issues with 1080ti GPUs, especially if you are using an overclock.  If you mining x16r or x16s, several users and myself have had good results with Z-Enemy by following the developer's recommendations about intensity and difficulty levels.  Hash Auger allows you to easily make overclocking,  intensity and difficulty adjustments directly for each algorithm and copy them to all your GPUs.

Sorry for my misunderstanding, but I am not sure what you are referring to by maps. Maybe algorithms?  If so, when I am auto-exchanging to BTC, I prefer to mine a variety of different algorithms based on their current price estimates.  1080ti cards are very versatile and there are many different algorithms that will work well on them.  You mentioned HSR, there is also Lyra2v2, Lyra2z, x16r, x16s, x17, Phi and Equihash.  Sometimes bitcore, c11, hmq1725 and skein are also profitable for the 1080ti. Hash Auger supports all of these algorithms and more on most pools. If Maps means something else, please let me know so I can better answer your question.
jmayniac

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:20:05 PM

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but on a rig with 2x1060, 2x1070, and 2x1080 cards, I'm only making about 0.00092728 BTC/day.  This is about 0.0004 BTC lower than what I was making just mining Ravencoin.  I'm currently on Blazepool, but I've tried Zergpool as well and have gotten similar results.  My rig is pretty small, so it takes days to build up enough BTC to cash out.

I'd really like to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is just the best I'll get doing algorithm switching (most likely).  If that's the case, I'm probably better off just going back to mining one coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: