Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:04:51 AM

Thank you. One last feedback do you think you can let users choose the color of the interface please?

Sorry that you don't like the color scheme.  I may add color theme support later on, but I have a day job and limited time to spend adding new features to Hash Auger, so my priority in the coming weeks is going to be adding miners and features that help improve mining profitability. Once I get it to that point, then maybe I'll see what I can do about adding user customization and personalization features.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pizzaslut

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:00:31 PM

Thank you for the reply!
mininglesbian

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:27:41 AM

I'll second a different color scheme, but also suggest adding Boolberry coin & coin magi also if ya could mate.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:19:00 AM

I'll second a different color scheme, but also suggest adding Boolberry coin & coin magi also if ya could mate.

Duly noted about the color scheme.  If Coin Magi is m7m, then that is already supported by one of the CPU miners and at least one of the currently supported pools. Do you have any pool recommendations for boolberry?
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

This might be of help? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

Thanks. I saw that thread before I wrote my reply.  I just didn't know if the original poster had any specific recommendations.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 06:34:23 AM

Any way to automatically back off GPU overclocks when mining Ravencoin? X16r will crash your cards with the normal overclocks that are fine for other coins. A script that turns Afterburner off/on maybe?

I wanted to let you know that version 1.3 of Hash Auger now supports both default overclock settings for each device as well as custom overclock settings for specific algorithms on each device.  Using your example, you could set a lower overclock just for x16r.  You can also set more aggressive overclocks for other algorithms that can handle more than your current default. While Afterburner was a good suggestion, it ended up having some limitations and I went with another solution that I bundled with my app to minimize installation and setup tasks. If you have a few cards, you can setup your algorithm-specific overclocks on one card and then use the Copy From feature on the other cards instead of typing everything in again and again.  If you have any questions or comments regarding this new feature, let me know.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 07:26:42 AM

I can't run the miner on windows 7 I already have net 4.7.1 installed

In an attempt to address your issue, I broadened the app's compatibility settings with the release of version 1.3  Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of Windows 7 anymore, in a VM or otherwise, so I am still unable to test if the new version will run on that OS.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:33:30 PM

I was trying out your app(only did some benchmarking before something came up) but windows defender flagged coin miner as a virus/threat.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 03:56:52 PM

I was trying out your app(only did some benchmarking before something came up) but windows defender flagged coin miner as a virus/threat.

Thanks for trying out my software. Unfortunately JayDDee miner has been misused by several trojans and now Windows Defender incorrectly assumes it is a virus itself. My software downloads the miner directly from the developer's Github site so it is a clean copy, but Windows Defender doesn't care where it is from. I've had similar issues with Claymore and Phoenix Miner, which is one of the reasons I haven't added them to Hash Auger yet. Other mining managers that use these miners, such as NiceHash Legacy, also have this issue.  Aside from excluding the JayDDee miner from Windows Defender's monitoring, it doesn't appear that much can be done about it.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:29:33 PM

Thank you for the response, windows also said that your app is unsigned and untrusted or what not. Do you think your app can give a notification when a new version of the app is out, cause I installed the app then hour later found out there was a new version out when coming here.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 08:50:39 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 09:40:17 PM by HashAuger

Thank you for the response, windows also said that your app is unsigned and untrusted or what not. Do you think your app can give a notification when a new version of the app is out, cause I installed the app then hour later found out there was a new version out when coming here.

Thanks for the suggestion. Notifications of new versions is on my list of feature requests. Yes, my app is not currently signed as signing the app requires the purchase of a certificate that can cost hundreds of dollars.  I am waiting to see what kind of response I get from the cryptomining community before I make that kind of investment on top of all the time I have already spent coding and testing the app. Besides, signing the app doesn't really offer any better security for users, it just validates that the publisher is who they are claiming to be.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:10:50 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 04:23:30 AM by pizzaslut

I am in need of some assistance with working with your software. It shows me a hashrate and estimated payout, but then on 1 of the 3 gpus(in this case a 1060) it says 0 out of 0 results accepted; while the other two(1070 ti) are working just fine as is the cpu. They are all on the same pool mining the same thing(ahshapool). Is there a reason why?

Side questions: How frequent is payout to my wallets? What wallet does miningpanda use? Thank you.

Edit: output says connection issue and stopped mining on my gpus. Is there a way to make output show more info on what the issue could be?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:48:34 AM

I am in need of some assistance with working with your software. It shows me a hashrate and estimated payout, but then on 1 of the 3 gpus(in this case a 1060) it says 0 out of 0 results accepted; while the other two(1070 ti) are working just fine as is the cpu. They are all on the same pool mining the same thing(ahshapool). Is there a reason why?

Side questions: How frequent is payout to my wallets? What wallet does miningpanda use? Thank you.

Have you tried mining anything else with the 1060 and did it show accepted results that time or are the accepted results for that card always zero? Even though the results are zero, is the hash rate updating? Which algorithm and miner are you using? To help troubleshoot, you can see the actual miner output by turning on the Write Miner Output to Disk setting in the setup tab - although you should stop mining, turn that setting on and then restart mining so that the entire miner startup process is captured.  Basically this feature creates a log file for each device that shows you everything the miner would display on the screen. 

The payouts to your wallets depend on the pool.  Pools like Zpool, AHashPool, HashRefinery and Zergpool all have different minimum payout amounts and payout schedules.  Typically, they will have a weekly payout for smaller balances and payouts throughout the week for larger amounts.  You can take a look at each pool's website to get the specific details.  If you prefer faster payouts, you may want to limit which pools you mine to just two or three so your balances build up faster. 

Both MiningPanda.site and Yiimp.eu don't auto-exchange to Bitcoin. Instead, they pay you out in whatever coin that you're mining on those pools. If you're mining RaveCoin, you get paid in RavenCoin. So if there is a particular coin you want to mine on either of those sites, you will need a wallet for that coin, put the address into my software and then assign it to one or both of those pools (only if both pools are mining the coin).  For example, both pools mine RavenCoin, so you could assign the same Raven wallet address to both pools.  To prevent people from not getting paid out by these pools, my software doesn't allow you to use a Bitcoin wallet with either of them. Also, it will only allow you to try to mine a coin on either pool if you have a wallet for that coin assigned to the pool(s).  So if you only assign a RavenCoin wallet to either pool, the software will only let you mine Raven on that pool until you add another wallet.  Finally, MiningPanda's API doesn't return any price estimates, so my software won't try to profit switch any coin on that pool.

pizzaslut

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:58:16 AM

Thank you for the reply. The 1060 started working after 10 minutes. Right now seeing this message Warning: A connection error occured while trying to retrieve the balance of wallet: NiceHash from pool: hashrefinery. The software will try again later. I get for this and CoinBase Also, this error.  Warning: A connection issue occurred while retrieving updated rates from pool: zpool. The software will load recently cached rates instead and try again at the next update interval. Also got this one a few times: Error: Restarting crashed miner: Tpruvot with algorithm: lyra2v2.

Not sure how to fix these errors. Is it also possible to see how much I have made so far/for the day like NiceHash offers?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

Thank you for the reply. The 1060 started working after 10 minutes. Right now seeing this message Warning: A connection error occured while trying to retrieve the balance of wallet: NiceHash from pool: hashrefinery. The software will try again later. I get for this and CoinBase Also, this error.  Warning: A connection issue occurred while retrieving updated rates from pool: zpool. The software will load recently cached rates instead and try again at the next update interval. Also got this one a few times: Error: Restarting crashed miner: Tpruvot with algorithm: lyra2v2.

Not sure how to fix these errors. Is it also possible to see how much I have made so far/for the day like NiceHash offers?

Unfortunately, it is fairly normal to see the connection warnings regarding the wallet balances and pool rates.  Sometimes the pools just don't respond with the requested information before the request times out, so the software writes that warning message just to let you know.  I should probably rephrase the message because it isn't really an error.  The bottom line is that the software tried to get information from the pool, the pool didn't respond in a reasonable amount of time and the software will try again in a few minutes, but it won't affect your mining. There is nothing you can really do to prevent these communication issues because the smaller pools prioritize their mining servers over their websites and APIs. If the pools get really busy, they'll temporarily stop serving their websites and responding to API requests.

The message about the miner is different.  Does that lyra2v2 message relate to the 1060 (the log should also include a line about the device that was restarted after the failure)? If so, that would explain why the accepted results were zero for so long.  The error could be something as simple as the pool's stratum servers stopped responding and Hash Auger attempted to restart the miner after a few minutes to reestablish the connection.  Or it could be an issue with the miner crashing while trying to run that algorithm on that card.  I would need to see a copy of the device's log file to know which and to make any recommendations.

I did notice in the warning message that you provided that you have a wallet called Nicehash assigned to HashRefinery.  I don't know if that wallet is your internal NiceHash wallet or an external wallet that you use with NiceHash.  I am hoping that it is not an internal NH wallet because those NH wallets cannot be used with any other pool since they don't appear on the blockchain and can't receive payments from outside Nicehash.  

Unfortunately, each type of pools treats the pending balances a little differently, so I cannot provide a up-to-the-moment look at everything you have earned so far.  For example, Zpool, AHashPool, HashRefinery and Zergpool divide their balances between immature, confirmed and unpaid.  Currently, I only show the unpaid balances because the other two amounts fluctuate based on coin prices until they are traded on an exchange.  NiceHash only lets people access the balance deposited into internal wallets and not their pending unpaid amounts via their API - you have to log into your NiceHash account to see the unpaid amount. MiningPoolHub has internal wallets for each coin you mine, plus your auto-exchange coin(s) if you are using it. You can configure my software to show you each of these balances, but coins will always be moving in and out of the auto-exchange wallet and not even their website is in real-time.

It's easier for NiceHash to show you an amount because they are just paying you for your hash rate and don't have to worry about all the stages that each coin goes through before you get paid.  Plus, they see all the information related to your NiceHash account instead of the limited look their API provides and they also don't have to worry about any other pool. You can use your wallet address at any of the pools you've been mining on to see your stats for that pool.

pizzaslut

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:52:03 PM

I only have nicehash setup to go to my NH wallet, the rest are setup to go to my coinbase account so not sure why that message came up? Does NH even have an external wallet(never really checked)? Yeah if you can update that message that might be useful as it confused me, and I am sure may confuse a user or two also. Is it also possible to give us a update every 5 minutes interval, because 10 minutes is not frequent enough for me. Thank you.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

I only have nicehash setup to go to my NH wallet, the rest are setup to go to my coinbase account so not sure why that message came up? Does NH even have an external wallet(never really checked)? Yeah if you can update that message that might be useful as it confused me, and I am sure may confuse a user or two also. Is it also possible to give us a update every 5 minutes interval, because 10 minutes is not frequent enough for me. Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll probably remove some of the connection warnings since the user can't do anything about them and they don't affect the operation of the software. I'll also do some more testing with the wallets. but you might want to double check the HashRefinery pool to see which wallet is assigned to it just in case.  Based on my own testing and research others have down, switching algorithms and pools too quickly can hurt your earnings. You lose a little bit of time as the old miner shuts down and then lose a little more time while the new miner initializes, connects with the pool and warms up to full mining output.  Assuming that this changeover takes a minute to get to maximum output with the new algorithm, you'd be losing 20% of your mining time if the algorithms were to switch every five minutes.  I can easily lower the minimum interval, but I honestly think it would do more harm than good to your earnings.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:13:58 PM

Ah, well not asking for the intervals to switch, but I guess I misunderstood that feature. Thank you for clearing that up.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:51:24 PM

Ah, well not asking for the intervals to switch, but I guess I misunderstood that feature. Thank you for clearing that up.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.  The adjustable interval that has a minimum value of 10 minutes is the frequency at which the software will update pool prices, retrieve wallet balances and switch algorithms as needed.  Everything else in the software happens much faster. The miner statistics are updated in real-time and the software checks to see if each miner is frozen or has stopped communicating with its pool every few minutes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: