Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 06:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google pressured by FBI to ban crypto ads!!!  (Read 465 times)
manlyxman (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

Source: https://captainaltcoin.com/facebook-caved-in-to-fbi-pressure-and-banned-crypto-ads-google-to-do-the-same/

It was Facebook first, I wasn't expecting Google to care but it's crazy to see the FBI involved.

But for what it's worth, I think this is good news. Those ads were terrible and I think other sites will follow suit.

Thoughts?
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:12:22 PM

yes, i think there must be other ways to find and evaluate good projects, besides silly crypto ads. those that have plenty of ads have increased likelihood of being scams etc. anyway.
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:14:03 PM

Actually I have been think facebook is by regulatory pressure, so chose to stop the ICO campaigns because ICO advertising can bring good income to facebook, so if there were no legal problems, they will not choose to give up ICO advertising.

Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:15:19 PM

facebook already banned crypto ads but there are still crypto ads on facebook.
Google adwords have more banning ai but i am sure they will find a way to push ads on google too.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
wenzuo

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

Google adwords have more banning ai but i am sure they will find a way to push ads on google too.

Yes, I think you are right, some governments ban the ICO, But there are still ICO projects in other forms, crypto market is unstoppable trend, with the market more stable and mature, it will be accepted by more people.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
jorenpo

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:19:29 PM

Source: https://captainaltcoin.com/facebook-caved-in-to-fbi-pressure-and-banned-crypto-ads-google-to-do-the-same/

It was Facebook first, I wasn't expecting Google to care but it's crazy to see the FBI involved.

But for what it's worth, I think this is good news. Those ads were terrible and I think other sites will follow suit.

Thoughts?

Its just a FUD. no legal source about this claim. FB just banned ICO campaign not the cryptocurrency itself You still post ayn crypto on FB without getting banned.
Xioma

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:24:21 PM

Thoughts?

Its just a FUD. no legal source about this claim. FB just banned ICO campaign not the cryptocurrency itself You still post ayn crypto on FB without getting banned.

I'm not sure if FB went ahead and actually started regulating the policy (I've seen way less crypto ads though in the past now), but I think they'll eventually ban them completely. And I think Google will do the same, just might take a bit of time.
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:27:00 PM
Merited by examplens (1)

Even if these major companies are starting to ban the advertisement for the crypto projects and coins more and more people are getting involved in the ICO projects and crypto market. This new market industry is unstoppable and FBI cannot do anything about it. In some way, I approve the banning because some of the ads were pretty annoying and some of these ads were even leading to the scam projects. Looking in another way some of the good projects will maybe be unspotted because of this new decision by the Google. We must be patient and wait for the evolvement of the current situation after this unexpected decision by this major company.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

Who siad facebook baned crypto currency advertisement still i ma getting . There is lots of ICO and crypto currency sponsored advertisement still i ma getting. If the news is real then surely it should be another FUD adding to list.

icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Who siad facebook baned crypto currency advertisement still i ma getting . There is lots of ICO and crypto currency sponsored advertisement still i ma getting. If the news is real then surely it should be another FUD adding to list.
There are a lot of the "ICO"-related pages have already removed from Facebook. But they are making a new one with the different name to their page, like from ...ICO to ...App (sorry not gonna tell the name), but until now it's still allowed to post about their ICO.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:46:54 PM

The faecebook is similar. I think that should be so. Because there are too many ico present. Most of them are born to be deceived
janpec1000

Activity: 179

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

Facebook, Twitter ... What if all centralized social media will ban any mention about crypto? As I see now it 's not impossible. Twitter ban many accounts that as Twitter say are promoting scam projects. All actions was made by bots. Some real people was banned. What you say about "freedom of speech"?  Grin

South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:17:08 PM

Thoughts?
it is obvious what they are trying to do they are trying to close any way in which your average person can get to know about cryptocurrencies this is just a form of censorship, to be honest I cannot blame them they are doing what they think is best but not for the people but for themselves since they want to maintain all their power, but we already know they're going to fail it is impossible to stop cryptocurrencies.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:22:44 PM

I don't believe it, but this is not necessary as people are always greedy, they will waste their money on another scam. Banning ads is really useless idea.
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:24:01 PM

Cryptocurrencies are at a stage where it doesn't needs platforms like Facebook and Google to promote itself. Word of mouth is happening enough that almost all the general public will know about it in a few years.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:44:18 PM

banning crypto in google ads this will decreasing the victim of scams but this will affect for legit ICO they only gather few investors, if all social media will ban crypto, I don't know what will happen to the market.

drogas

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:51:49 PM

banning crypto in google ads this will decreasing the victim of scams but this will affect for legit ICO they only gather few investors, if all social media will ban crypto, I don't know what will happen to the market.

There are still a million ICO tracking/review sites, for example.

So, I don't think the actually good ICOs will be affected. Sure, they might not be able to advertise on FB/Google but if they're actually good, they'll be rated highly on those sites, have good word of mouth and be popular here as well.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:09:45 PM

I have just checked some other crypto related websites and non of them posted this news yet. So makes some doubts about the quality of the sources. Anyway there is a fact that Google ads is a complete bullshit. One half of those ads if promoting phishing websites and the other half is showing you different scam ICOs. I'm sure that Google will either ban it or improve the moderation.

Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:12:28 PM

Hello!This is good new becose i hate all thing is involve in facebook and google always stupid advertising,ads floping out from somwhere its terible to have this things if u dont want..this thing need to stop and ico regulation to need to start and destroy scams!

sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 05:15:52 PM

I have just checked some other crypto related websites and non of them posted this news yet. So makes some doubts about the quality of the sources. Anyway there is a fact that Google ads is a complete bullshit. One half of those ads if promoting phishing websites and the other half is showing you different scam ICOs. I'm sure that Google will either ban it or improve the moderation.

This is as far as I could trace the source: https://www.timesofisrael.com/regulator-calls-on-google-to-ban-ads-for-binary-options-and-cryptocurrencies/

And even there it doesn't link any interviews or anything. But still, I think this sounds realistic and something google might do. Only time will tell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: