Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the quality of posts after merit system  (Read 989 times)
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
Merited by Mpamaegbu (1)

They don't know how to write a post with a minimum quality, if somebody is giving merits to his own alts, if they are giving them to constructive posts, you'll never find out if they are alts of each other.

There is something. charging a fee per post. any forum member not earning a minimum 10 merits in 30 days should pay a fee per post if they are wearing a signature. if they don't want to pay, they could report garbage posts and for every accurate report, they could post one time for free.

1) That is one of the big limitations of the merit system. It was good that members here are able to recognize some merit abuse cases and report them. It happened because merits were sent in bulk like 20 or more for a single post. But, if someone is mart enough , he can still get away without being noticed. Since, all default merits of those cheaters will be spend on alt accounts in batches, this makes the situation more difficult for a new member with only one account

2) That are quite a lot of rules. I am in favor of steps being taken to remove spam from the forum but we should be keeping things simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:23:08 PM

The merit system cannot stop people who post shit but of course this new system are limiting them to rank higher so they cannot join campaign and no increase in the payout. Basically if all campaign required merit system, its hard now to be part of it. Time will come, and those shitposter will make a lot of effort just to have merit in order for them to survive.
That's true that the merit system can't stop anyone from posting shit posts, but they limit them to rank higher. The majority of shit posters are Full members and bellow, So the best thing to do is to require some merit points to join any signature campaign, because not all people deserve to promote a campaign with shitposting.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:46:42 PM

They won't go far with that kind of posts and are you worrying about? Are you bothered? Merits are credited to quality posters and that thread of yours saying that merit system does not make any difference will not make you any different from those you have posted.
Merit system freezes accounts that merely just post to increase their activities, which is a good thing for the forum and it directly affects campaign leeches. It may not end shitposters, but they will get tired very soon. All that will be left are those who  are determined to keep up with the quality.
If you are mad about them ignoring the merit system then be as good as you can to earn your own merits. Do not mind them, ignore them if you want.
fokinlipat

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:39:48 AM

here we go again again about merit system is always a reason many question and suggestion maybe other is just making also trading their merit to rank up here because of its hard to get merit special to new here it this forum high rank here dont think that newbie is just startng here maybe little knowledge but not enough maybe high rank help us to rank and not to insult or discourage newbie here remember you also start here nothing share your knowledge sorry for my word i just expressing my point

Of course we should not discourage new members. The forum needs new members for its growth and we can see some good talent from those new members. Merits have dried up in my opinion and that might be the reason that members are not encouraged to make good quality posts. If someone makes 20-30 good posts and gets no merit for his posts, he might get discouraged. Everyone does not have the patience to wait for so long. New members should spend more time to read the posts of other senior members and the rules of this forum to get a realistic idea of current situation.
fokinlipat

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:07:12 AM

What I am trying to implement into campaigns I manage is users must have merits to join. I currently am allowing users without merits to join(partially), but have started paying higher rates to users with merits. Eventually I will make it a requirement to have merits in order to join campaigns I manage. I would also like to go as far as you must earn merits each week to stay in a campaign.

If all managers do something like I mentioned above, then eventually these shit accounts are phased out and not making any money anymore rendering their accounts useless. With the merit system being fairly new, I can't go full fledged merit crazy on everyone yet. Gotta give ppl a little time to earn some.

Nice to see that you are trying to give preference to members with merits in your campaigns. However, I think that with current situation it might be hard for all campaign mangers to implement this their respective campaign especially for ranks like member and below. Do we even have that much candidates with merits in lower ranks ? My personal observation is that it is getting tougher day by day to get more merits as the default merit points have dried up. One question for you, while checking the posts for eligibility in signature campaign, do you merit any deserving post ?
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:55:02 AM

They won't go far with that kind of posts and are you worrying about? Are you bothered? Merits are credited to quality posters and that thread of yours saying that merit system does not make any difference will not make you any different from those you have posted.

I do not know what you mean to say by the forum is not affected by these kind of posts. They are being posted here regularly and bitcoin discussion section is being filled with these posts even after the merit system. Any advertiser who decides to go through the forum before advertising will get negative impression about the community seeing those posts. He will then consider other forums or blogs with quality content. These spam posts also make it tough for genuine members to find useful information from the thread.

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:51:51 PM

Of course we should not discourage new members. The forum needs new members for its growth and we can see some good talent from those new members.

If I should add, some members on the forum believe that low ranking members should totally be wiped out which I don't think will help the forum and the classification of members. They sometimes call you a "shit poster" when you make a sound and logical contribution/suggestion on how possibly the merit can be handled better on the forum. They follow the line of their "friends" thought to call you "shit poster" just to feel good with their friends.

My question is, are we not seeing that the merit system is working? At least, we have seen members stocked in their old ranks because they have not got the required merits to support their activities. We should not be in a haste with the merit system because it is gradually serving its purpose.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:56:58 PM

Yes, he has said that in a recent post. At the time when he was asking for suggestions regarding how to remove spam from the forum, he ruled out the option of removing signature campaigns completely. Later merit system was implemented and members started complaining that it is not working. He said that he might have to remove signature campigns if merit system fails to fight against spam.

Can you provide the link to where he mentioned it? I wander around the forum from time to time, especially in the Meta section and couldn't remember bumping to that specific post.

That's true that the merit system can't stop anyone from posting shit posts, but they limit them to rank higher. The majority of shit posters are Full members and bellow, So the best thing to do is to require some merit points to join any signature campaign, because not all people deserve to promote a campaign with shitposting.

It's hard to maintain a quality post if a user creates an alt account. Keeping that in mind, they will intentionally spam post in order to rank up. Continuous posting won't help as only 14 out of the post that was been made will only be counted and that's the easiest way to level those account before the merit implementation.

I believe that there are old users who admitted that they have alternative accounts in existence, some of them where given negative rating due to post quality, making the account useless. This could be another reason why merit was added to rank up requirement.
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:41:37 PM

here we go again again about merit system is always a reason many question and suggestion maybe other is just making also trading their merit to rank up here because of its hard to get merit special to new here it this forum high rank here dont think that newbie is just startng here maybe little knowledge but not enough maybe high rank help us to rank and not to insult or discourage newbie here remember you also start here nothing share your knowledge sorry for my word i just expressing my point

Of course we should not discourage new members. The forum needs new members for its growth and we can see some good talent from those new members. Merits have dried up in my opinion and that might be the reason that members are not encouraged to make good quality posts. If someone makes 20-30 good posts and gets no merit for his posts, he might get discouraged. Everyone does not have the patience to wait for so long. New members should spend more time to read the posts of other senior members and the rules of this forum to get a realistic idea of current situation.

I totally agree with you.
I made some useful and constructive threads and useful replies. You see I have received only one merit point so far.
I created a whole thread for discussing why we should go to another system which affects every shit posters in the forum regardless of their rank. But anyone doesn't like the idea.

I can show a bunch of shit and meaningless posts which were received merit points. It is really discouraging people to make good posts if good posts are not awarded here while shit posts are being awarded.

Adding more merit sources may be a solution.

Shit posts must be discouraged while good posts are being encouraged. If merit system discourages both the system is meaningless. There should be an active and efficient way of giving merits to good posts.

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale
santankara

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:47:17 PM

For beginners to get merit is quite difficult, beginners will try in many ways done to get merit in order to increase the level. But for the beginner, this is an effort that can be done to level up by posting a quality topic on the forum. for beginners, the knowledge is not much then they remain optimistic to quickly understand the ins and outs of bitcoin.
DAOfan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

The quality of posts doesn't seem to matter much anyway. Eventually most people will have run out of merit to give and so the amount of merit you get for putting hours into a post will earn you nothing. Basically almost all the merit has already been given out. Now the only way to earn merit is to suck up to the merit sources and the few legendaries that actually have enough merit to give out still.

I do think spam is slowly going down though, but I have to wonder if that is more of a result of the altcoins crashing through the floor and most ICO coins becoming almost worthless as soon as they hit the exchanges. It is a hard world for bounty hunters right now.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:25:10 AM

Maybe it was a wrong topic to choose? This one, for instance, doesn't look terrible. If the topic is "Am I too late?" "Next 10x coin?" or similar crap, answers to it would also be shitposts. Much easier to eliminate those kinds of topics rather than monitor it for answers. Even better, collect 10 page of crap and delete it so scammer won't get his required post count.  Grin
I've also thought about that solution. Initially, I was against it - because shitposters would simply open new threads and continue to post shit. So the moderators would have a lot of work, almost for nothing ...

But your last sentence is true - and is about to change my stance here: If these spam megathreads were all regularly deleted (at least once per week) then people posting there would lose all their post count. The incentive to post in those threads would be reduced almost to zero Grin

But my general stance is that signature campaign managers are the people that could really make the system a success applying strict anti-shitposting policies, like some of the more established managers (Lauda, yahoo ...) already do, and requiring the participants to earn at least some merits.

While I think it's not necessary to require a certain amount of merits per week (that would only encourage abuse because many good posts simply don't get merit), the requirement of some self-earned merits before joining a campaign has my full support. It could be even a good idea to require merits from a minimum of different users (e.g. 30) to avoid simple merit buys.

Even outright banning of merit abusers, shitposters and "farmed Heros and Legendaries" would have my support.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:59:18 AM

Right! The merit system can not stop spamming endemic, but it can reduce spamming threads a little bit. Mainly because some spammers will change to be more constructive, to rank up; then over a long period of time, writing constructive threads will become their habits automatically. That's good for them and for the forum in general.
That's true that the merit system can't stop anyone from posting shit posts, but they limit them to rank higher.
In contrast, merit system can not prevent spammers to rank up. They can buy merits to move up to higher positions. Nevertheless, doing this, they will put themselves under high risks of banning sooner or later due to forum rules' violations.

It's not true. If you joined the forum for long period of time, spent considerable amount of time to scan around the forum; you can see lots of Senior member and higher mainly posted shits. That is why Theymos gave us merit system as a big gift for the forum. I believe and hope that after the launch of merit system, we will not see any shit-posters rank up to Hero and Ledgendary ranks.
The majority of shit posters are Full members and bellow, So the best thing to do is to require some merit points to join any signature campaign, because not all people deserve to promote a campaign with shitposting.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:30:50 AM

And they didn't get any merit.

The very first reply explains it all...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:48:06 AM

What I am trying to implement into campaigns I manage is users must have merits to join. I currently am allowing users without merits to join(partially), but have started paying higher rates to users with merits. Eventually I will make it a requirement to have merits in order to join campaigns I manage. I would also like to go as far as you must earn merits each week to stay in a campaign.

If all managers do something like I mentioned above, then eventually these shit accounts are phased out and not making any money anymore rendering their accounts useless. With the merit system being fairly new, I can't go full fledged merit crazy on everyone yet. Gotta give ppl a little time to earn some.
Being able to join bounty campaigns is good without merit required but it's still hard so when bounty campaign requires merit it would be very difficult. In terms of rank jr. members like me won't ranked up easily so that means merit system works fine. About quality post being not able to rank up yet doesn't mean I won't submit good quality post.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
ribm4

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

Wow this posts are pretty interesting I liked it much and catchy to read
LienTHETRADER

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

Atleast merit system is succesful in getting some of the legendary guys
gristlygrudging34

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:45:14 PM

Hey guys we should appreciate their efforts by giving some extra merits. Its our duty I think as seniours
staineddreserved7

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:33:52 PM

Can anybody post the ids of these new members? I see good future in Them
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: