Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO scam alerts and checks website. Need your feedback!  (Read 196 times)
inscyrpt (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:21:32 PM

Hi there, I'm looking for your advice. Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.

Would you be keen on a service that:
-Let you submit a suspicious ICO and we send back our review (whitepaper analysis, research on the team backgorund) by our team of technical and legal experts (my co-founder is lawyer).
-Sends scam alerts.
-Send a curated list of known scams and advice to avoid scam.

Would you use such a website? Would you sign up for such a service?

I'm on the verge of developing such a website, but would like to get your feedback.

Thanks in advance! I'd love reading your suggestions and comments.
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:25:41 PM

That's nice of you my friend, but ICO when they started their project, of course, they might find a  way for them not to be discovered so soon. But I might suggest that there is a column wherein they can fill their report about a suspicious ICO that is going on, and the reporter must be protected by not showing their email on public.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

That's nice of you my friend, but ICO when they started their project, of course, they might find a  way for them not to be discovered so soon. But I might suggest that there is a column wherein they can fill their report about a suspicious ICO that is going on, and the reporter must be protected by not showing their email on public.

Thanks for your answer, nice suggestion. Actually, the service would let you submit suspicious or unknown ICOs, and our team would review it and get back to you with the report. This would be completely anonymous, and with the permission of the person who first submitted the ICO the rest of the users would get the report, too.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:39:00 PM

I am surprised that do one had created such service yet (at least I havent seen any popular one). I would definetely use such service but it would be cool if you put some decent efforts into SEO optimization and other promotion things. It is very important to see such ingormation on the first google pages while checking an ICO.

hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:41:56 PM

It is kind arguable whether ICO is scam or not and if you make a false judgment, you might influence negatively real ICO, which would ruin some one's life.

inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:43:04 PM

I am surprised that do one had created such service yet (at least I havent seen any popular one). I would definetely use such service but it would be cool if you put some decent efforts into SEO optimization and other promotion things. It is very important to see such ingormation on the first google pages while checking an ICO.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, the SEO would be crucial (I already have this part covered).

Would you pay to subscribe to such a service? I'm actually planning to work full time on this project since I'm genuinely keen on the topic.
cryptolottocc
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:45:22 PM

• And then they will start to blackmail ICOs in order to give them a good/bad review.
  • And then they will start taking 1-5 btc for one AD post.
  • And then project which has a better idea is less popular than a project which has a bigger budget.

We know how that works.

Next, please...

🆑 CRYPTOLOTTO.CC 🆑 CRYPTOLOTTO.CC 🆑 Ethereum Powered Dapp with the new and straightforward idea 😉 🆑 CRYPTOLOTTO.CC 🆑 CRYPTOLOTTO.CC 🆑
inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:50:13 PM

• And then they will start to blackmail ICOs in order to give them a good/bad review.
  • And then they will start taking 1-5 btc for one AD post.
  • And then project which has a better idea is less popular than a project which has a bigger budget.

We know how that works.

Next, please...

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, this is precisely my point, and my main motivation. The service would be devoted to the users, no to the coin issuers. This is exactly my value proposition. I would be paid by the users.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:52:18 PM

Yup that would be great site to visit and worth developing it. I think sir theymos wanted to have service like this made by forum members so that forum can keep the illegal and scam websites away from the forum. This was in effort to have clean forum with no scammers around here. I'm definitely sure that your website might just get recognise very fast as there had been No such service and also theymos has not gotten any fruitful results from the community members. You could be game changer if the service really worth providing the valid data.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:53:25 PM

-Let you submit a suspicious ICO and we send back our review (whitepaper analysis, research on the team backgorund) by our team of technical and legal experts (my co-founder is lawyer).
-Sends scam alerts.

I'm on the verge of developing such a website, but would like to get your feedback.

I don't think anyone is going to pay for this service if that is what you are asking.  Institutional money already knows how to do due diligence and the everyday guy may not be able to afford your service or be unwilling to pay for it.  For me it's easy.  If an ICO's website or whitepaper have spelling or serious grammatical errors then I do not invest.  The ICO team members all have to have active social media profiles with substantial history.  If the profiles were all created in the week leading up to the ICO announcement then it's a scam.  You are better off creating some kind of ICO rating website.  At least that's my opinion.  Good luck.
inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:00:19 PM

Yup that would be great site to visit and worth developing it. I think sir theymos wanted to have service like this made by forum members so that forum can keep the illegal and scam websites away from the forum. This was in effort to have clean forum with no scammers around here. I'm definitely sure that your website might just get recognise very fast as there had been No such service and also theymos has not gotten any fruitful results from the community members. You could be game changer if the service really worth providing the valid data.

Nice to hear.
inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:35:46 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 08:22:54 PM by inscyrpt

-Sends scam alerts.

I don't think anyone is going to pay for this service if that is what you are asking.  Institutional money already knows how to do due diligence and the everyday guy may not be able to afford your service or be unwilling to pay for it.  For me it's easy.  If an ICO's website or whitepaper have spelling or serious grammatical errors then I do not invest.  The ICO team members all have to have active social media profiles with substantial history.  If the profiles were all created in the week leading up to the ICO announcement then it's a scam.  You are better off creating some kind of ICO rating website.  At least that's my opinion.  Good luck.

I understand, thanks for your message. There are already many different ICO rating websites, but there are no (or many few) websites such as the one I'm proposing. Also, the subscription would be very cheap (coffee money).
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:43:34 PM

That would be a good project to watch,i would use it only and only if those people who will review wontbe selling their reviews just like any other ICO review sites who are giving negative feedbacks when an ICO dont agreed with their terms or if the ICO didnt pay them,how would this review website be different to those biased reviews?

inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:51:19 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 08:23:08 PM by inscyrpt

That would be a good project to watch,i would use it only and only if those people who will review wontbe selling their reviews just like any other ICO review sites who are giving negative feedbacks when an ICO dont agreed with their terms or if the ICO didnt pay them,how would this review website be different to those biased reviews?

Great question. That is precisely the value proposition of this project: it would be devoted to the users, not to the coin issuers. Business model: sell paid subscriptions (cheap, coffee money) to the users. Don't sell ads, don't accept money from the ICOs. There are already many different ICO rating websites, but many few websites like the one I'm suggesting.

The website would not feature ICOs, it would only state that ICOs A, B, C are scams, and that ICOs D, E and F are at least suspicious, for reasons X, Y, Z.
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:53:40 PM

I wont be using it because i do not trust these existing review website because most of these websites are getting paid from the ICOs just to give some postive reviews even if the project looks like a scam,do not let your project be like what others review website is make some difference if you could have a decentralized review it would be better but if there are only few people who will be reviewing these ICOs that would be morelikely just like other review sites out there.

Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:57:04 PM

-Sends scam alerts.

I would like to sign up with this service, since nowdays many project that look like a good project but in the end is a scam project
and the latest scam project is Myriads ICO which it should be a good project but it turn out they is a scam project with use a fake team member

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

Great question. That is precisely the value proposition of this project: it would be devoted to the users, not to the coin issuers. Business model: sell paid subscriptions (cheap, beer money) to the users. Don't sell ads, don't accept money from the ICOs. There are already many different ICO rating websites, but many few websites like the one I'm suggesting.

The website would not feature ICOs, it would only state that ICOs A, B, C are scams, and that ICOs D, E and F are at least suspicious, for reasons X, Y, Z.
That would be better if you arent going to promote ICOs in your websites,but you should be so sure with your reviews because one wrong review would break the trust of everyone in our community,you should hire bunch of people to review a whitepaper,websites,products,people behind the project so that all the reviews are based on the facts not just reviewed because of the money you get,

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:03:32 PM

Make sure this project will make difference to those biased review websites so that people will trust this project like they trust their own review,it would be a big help for the whole community because most of the people here doesnt have enough time to review an ICO that is why more people are getting into a scam ICO because of lack of researching.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:09:54 PM

If you can manage to have a good ICO review site that would make difference,your team should have a lot of experience in reviewing these ICOs so that people will trust your reviews because most the existing reviews from these review sites are mostly biased because of the money they are getting with these ICO reviews.
inscyrpt (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:13:47 PM

I wont be using it because i do not trust these existing review website because most of these websites are getting paid from the ICOs just to give some postive reviews even if the project looks like a scam,do not let your project be like what others review website is make some difference if you could have a decentralized review it would be better but if there are only few people who will be reviewing these ICOs that would be morelikely just like other review sites out there.

Thanks for your feedback.

My website will NOT feature ICOs. You will not see ads, you will not see paid ICO reviews. You will only see statements on ICO scams.

-MyScamCoin: SCAM 100% confidence. We saw that ... Read the full report.
-MyExoticCoin: CAUTION, research underway. We have found that one team member has a fake LinkedIn. Stay tuned.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: