Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:47:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Wants to Ban ICO and Crypto Ads?!  (Read 836 times)
Evangeline2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:14:04 AM

From the chart, Google's search index is the highest is encrypted when monetary value, since then has been lower, hope next time good encryption monetary market, search index can go up a lot,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rtyudg

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:23:23 AM

Google to Ban ICO and Crypto Ads - Sources
Market became green too early?
Time for FUD?

First facebook now google so if google will ban the ads related to crypto then maybe videos on youtube related to bitcoin will be remove too? In my blog i cant see a ads related to crypto currency i think they already did that, they are not into crypto currency that is huge down fall.
There are still ads on crypto currency and I think that too youtube will be the next of it if google will removed ads but I hope it will not come because many of us earning from youtube videos thru adverisment from it. Google and youtube ads are one of the best in advertising your crypto so it might be the downfall for us like facebook did we slightly experience a downfall of bitcoin, But I know there's nothing to do with the value of bitcoin thru that since bitcoin already stablish its own name in the social media.

Many national regulators are still skeptical and opposed to cryptocurrencies. They believe that the new series of activities triggered by fraudulent activities will cause serious losses to citizens. Moreover, according to previous experience, Google is likely to consider implementing such a ban.
mkhjhv

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:23:31 AM

This may be FUD but its about time that they follow the footsteps of Facebook in showing ICO ads in their platform since ICOs are not controlled and could only result to scam in the long run. We all know that majority of the public very much trusts Facebook and Google on their ads especially those really have no idea about investing in crypto. Let's just see this as a benefit and make our own study about a certain ICO first before investing. It may affect the crypto market though so ready your funds for some dips again.
Too many ICO scams affect normal projects. People are not sure exactly which is true or false, so they can only be banned together. This way, they can't be wrong. Especially for those who do not understand cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin, they often do not know what this is but are vulnerable.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:38:15 AM

We could have seen that coming after Facebook banned crypto ads. In February regulators asked Google to band crypto ads too. Maybe we'll get anti-crypto ads next, just like the tabacco industry is forced to do.

Why in the messenger app, I always get the ads about nexo.io? I think facebook really didn't banned all crypto ads. They just pick the most decent crypto to publish.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Tony_Nguyen

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:10:41 AM

The banning of ICO and cryptocurrency in social media sites will lead to a downturn of cryptocurrency. The google also followed the footstep of Facebook and I think there is a conspiracy with them.
For sure, if this is a FUD news then it will probably affect the price of cryptocurrencies. Well, I don't know the real reason behind this ban but I gather some news that Facebook will make a new coin and I think that will also be the reason why google will remove ICO in the search engine.

Yes, I do agree with your comments. Just like internet/google/facebook at their starting years, many people do know have any idea what it is and nobody can imagine they could be big as they are right now.
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:15:30 AM

I hope this is just another FUD. This should be confirmed by Google to eliminate the FUD. I believe Adwords technology can detect fraud ad to prevent ICO that is indicated to be scam because reporting scam ad can be tiresome.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:16:41 AM

It's probably because many crypto ads are infected by a malware which like Facebook and Google doesn't want especially there are many hackers everywhere. This is why when you try to download an wallet in your computer from an altcoin that you are investing the antivirus will detect it as a malware. It is really not a surprise for me that they will ban this kind of ads.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:34:11 AM

Time for FUD?

It may become a FUD for cryptocurrency in the short term but eventually when the developers of the coins will be able to deliver what they promise and follow their whitepaper then they may allow again the advertisement of some cryptocurrencies. I can see now that they still allow it but it is not surprising they would ban it because of what facebook did. Sooner or later, other social media platforms may follow them and the only way for the ICO to advertise is through its bounty participants.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:37:53 AM

Maybe we'll get anti-crypto ads next, just like the tabacco industry is forced to do.
Why? Tobacco and crypto are two very very different things, and the ad bans are also because of very different reasons.
Seriously I don't get it why people are making this FUD, if Google bans the ads it's not doing anything for cryptocurrency, if anything it's better this way 90% of times all I see are useless ICO ads or some scam ponzi schemes, its better that there won't be these ads now.
hakatu

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

It's definitely good though, most of the time those ICOs spending their fund on advertising don't even have a chance to compete in the future crypto market. They are mostly MLM, Ponzi tokens or worst scams that could potentially harm new investors. I don't really think they make  any of the technology they mention, it just the money. At the moment, it's hard for ad company to tell whether an ICO is a  scam or not, số thẻ easiest way is to just bán thêm. Also this barely affect their ads income anyway, there's always enough customer for them not to risk with something so new.
chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:25:34 AM

Time for FUD?

First, Facebook want to ban advertisements in their social media site, then Google will follow? What's the meaning of this? Those sites are good source of campaigns that advertise their ICOs, then why ban it? It sounds absurd.
unplug

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:29:40 AM

The banning of ICO and cryptocurrency in social media sites will lead to a downturn of cryptocurrency. The google also followed the footstep of Facebook and I think there is a conspiracy with them.
For sure, if this is a FUD news then it will probably affect the price of cryptocurrencies. Well, I don't know the real reason behind this ban but I gather some news that Facebook will make a new coin and I think that will also be the reason why google will remove ICO in the search engine.

I agree to you. Banning bitcoin and other altcoins ads will affect the price. of bitcoin and other altcoins because it will not able to introduce them to the people around the world. We all know that advertising is one of the reason why a project becomes successful.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:32:32 AM

I really don't see this happening and I can tell you that Facebook is still allowing ICO ads but all they wanted to do was monetise the process instead of having people promote it without paying. Google will be doing similar in trying to monetise promotion of crypto projects.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 04:35:27 AM

This is fake news. As we all know that the demands on the digital currency is growing and it is an earning also with google from the people who are aware of the digital currency. This is another faucet of google earnings and they already know about its potential as to cater the interest of thousands or it could be millions of people having with the interest in the cryptocurrency. This news actually opposed to the real happenings in the cryptocurrency world wherein the number of people that got the interest in cryptocurrency grow and other countries start to get interest and eyeing on the digital currency to possibly adapted in the government as check how to use the its advantage.
vinzon04295

Activity: 75
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:38:58 AM

I think Google will not ban the crypto ads and ICO ads why?
as what I can see Google Ads are posting in their ads why?
because people nowadays are interested in ICO and crypto if Google ban this then this will be the great loss in their company.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:57:51 AM

Another FUD ofcourse.
Just like facebook banned ICOs FUD, the whales is hungry right now. they want buy some more in the dips.
Don't get tricked by whales.
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

I really don't see this happening and I can tell you that Facebook is still allowing ICO ads but all they wanted to do was monetise the process instead of having people promote it without paying. Google will be doing similar in trying to monetise promotion of crypto projects.

True. Facebook still shows ICO ads.  Wink

Another FUD ofcourse.
Just like facebook banned ICOs FUD, the whales is hungry right now. they want buy some more in the dips.
Don't get tricked by whales.

Most likely - it's a FUD. And the market is so red today.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:08:19 AM

nah, it is just an FUD. the price didn't go up above $10k again but instead started going lower so everyone is spreading new FUDs, as many as they can. and it is always the same thing about someone banning bitcoin.
last time it was Facebook but you can still see the same shitty ads on Facebook advertising ICOs and other cryptos there!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:58:53 PM

True. Facebook still shows ICO ads.  Wink

I believe that this is because they are not being flagged as cryptocurrency adverts or the people running them are just ignoring that it's against the T+Cs. It wasn't to do with monetizing them (you can still promote crypto on facebook just not with ads) as it is not with google either. All adverts on google are monetized by them so it's definitely not for that reason.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Ethan Manson

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:03:21 PM

I think the ico adverts are annoying to be honest and anybody making investments to ico's on random google sites are probably not the type of investors you are aiming for. I think the amount of money in the ico market that comes from the type of people who click on these types of adds is very small so I don't anticipate this having much of an effect.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: