Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:22:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is metamask really safe ?  (Read 187 times)
dddonnano (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:46:55 AM

i find when i use a new chrome browser in an new computer,
i download and install metaMask,when i input my password and my Mnemonic Phrase,then when i create new eth address.
Miraculous things come up.my new eth address is what I had created before.
what happened?
my private key is  remembered by the metaMask?
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:55:08 AM

Ya I'm not really sure. I never keep funds on my metamask address. I only transfer to it when I need to trade on etherdelta or be an idiot with cryptokitties. Always move my funds to my secure address after I'm done.

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:14:19 AM

I haven't used metamask before coz I'm just using a tablet and CP. I'm just hoping it will be compatible with those gadgets so I use and try its safety and privacy.
Enzo05

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:54:17 AM

i download and install metaMask,when i input my password and my Mnemonic Phrase,then when i create new eth address.
what happened?

Yes it is also safe but to be sure also take note of your private key so when you lost your pass phrase you have a back up .
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:03:48 AM

Try to stay active in Bitcointalk forums. many are asking "is metamask safe?"
the other thread has already been discussed. and many are answering, Metamask is very safe for now.
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:49:21 AM

Personally, my opinion is that this is the safest purse for storing Ethereum, I would always use it instead of MyEtherWallet, which is constantly hacking.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:52:14 AM

Yes, i think your metamask has your previous private key, may be try to remove the history and clear the cache then try to sign in with the new account, i hope it will work.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

what happened?

No, your private key is not remembered by the metamask extension. You don't need a private key if you use a mnemonic phrase. Mnemonic recovery phrase or mnemonic seed is a list of words which store all the information needed to recover your wallet.
In your case, dddonnano, it is about lack of knowledge rather than the security issues of the Metamask Extension. I suggest that you learn more about the basic concepts and technologies of the crypto world.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:12:22 AM

MetaMask is still in the early development stage, some people advise not to store ETH in bulk. Add-ons can also be filled with multiple wallet IDs, including adding MyEtherWallet. So in the transaction later enough wallet switch through MetaMask. Even so I think MetaMask is a safe safe, where the user interface to manage the identity on various sites and mark the transaction blockchain.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

I think metamask is a safe place, but in your case I also just heard it. but I've heard that there are phishing sites on behalf of metamask. you should be more careful and protect your wallet.

faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

I do not trust metamask. Usin private key is unsecure for me.

My ethereum wallets were hacked back in december, I think it was because of Metamask. I had started using metamask just one week before and that hacking happened after that.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:29:00 AM

I do not trust metamask. Usin private key is unsecure for me.

My ethereum wallets were hacked back in december, I think it was because of Metamask. I had started using metamask just one week before and that hacking happened after that.
So far, I used metamask. and safely!
be careful, against phishing sites.
gabdel1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:48:52 AM

I only use MetaMask. Pretty convenient, and never had a problem so far.
rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

ye it is safer than mew and other wallets , using it till yet no issue faced .
you can also import existing wallet on it .
trumper

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:18:06 AM

I have no idea but you should not keep big amount of coins in metamask for sure, always use hardware wallet for that. I don't know if hackers can take control of metamask in your computer  Roll Eyes

trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:41:40 AM

of course i'm never get hacked after using metamask,it more better good than using private key and login to myetherwallet. have small potential to get hacked

Starla

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:33:59 PM

I am new person may say less experienced I just wear android and I want to ask if chrome android can use metamask?
apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:44:42 AM

I think Metamask is indeed one of the best ethereum wallet. It has been a long time since the release of Metamask, so many users are using it. I never heard negative news about Metamask. Especially about hack or suspicious transaction by using Metamask. So I conclude that Metamask is one of the best options in trading altcoin with the ethereum platform. thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:02:51 AM

I think Metamask is indeed one of the best ethereum wallet. It has been a long time since the release of Metamask, so many users are using it. I never heard negative news about Metamask. Especially about hack or suspicious transaction by using Metamask. So I conclude that Metamask is one of the best options in trading altcoin with the ethereum platform. thank you

I can second that. I have been using metamask alongside with myether wallet, and it is as reliable and easy to use. I use it for decentralized exchanges all the time. Recommend
poncik

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:13:28 AM

Nothing is completely safe. But considering the phishing and other fraud methods, MetaMask is a very trustworthy system. I trust this app, this is so practice and i'm using it Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: