Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC?  (Read 31675 times)
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 12:21:27 PM

Actually I'm enjoying about kyc passing because i have still all documents which need pass kyc. I think if a project going to huge successful then we can do kyc fell free. So no need to worry it's simply and easy just you need take a good movement.
Really,i heard first time who guy enjoying KYC.You think a big successful project can not abusing your personal documents? How you will get ensure that project team will be never sell your identity.You adopt wrong concept about KYC.

KYC is always worried things no matter what type of projects you will pass.There are no guarantee from project core team to keep safe documents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 07:43:36 AM

Actually I'm enjoying about kyc passing because i have still all documents which need pass kyc. I think if a project going to huge successful then we can do kyc fell free. So no need to worry it's simply and easy just you need take a good movement.
Really,i heard first time who guy enjoying KYC.You think a big successful project can not abusing your personal documents? How you will get ensure that project team will be never sell your identity.You adopt wrong concept about KYC.

KYC is always worried things no matter what type of projects you will pass.There are no guarantee from project core team to keep safe documents.
Just assume that he is an airdroper who can easy to give his personal identity to anyone else. As you may know, the airdroper will be willing to give their identity with $5.

They will always give their identity as long as there is no case about the misuse of identity, but if there is come I'll bet they will keep their identitu but it was too late.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 09:29:01 AM

Just assume that he is an airdroper who can easy to give his personal identity to anyone else. As you may know, the airdroper will be willing to give their identity with $5.

They will always give their identity as long as there is no case about the misuse of identity, but if there is come I'll bet they will keep their identitu but it was too late.

not all airdropers are like that  . i have read  a thread before that tackles about kyc  and many airdrops replied and said they arent willing to risk thier identity for a small penny or even if its 30 dollars or more because they knew that thier identity are cost more than those payments made by airdrops but there are still desperate hunters that does not a job or other source of income and badly needs cash so thier last resort are only airdrops and willing to do anything  ,
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:51:00 PM

not all airdropers are like that  . i have read  a thread before that tackles about kyc  and many airdrops replied and said they arent willing to risk thier identity for a small penny or even if its 30 dollars or more because they knew that thier identity are cost more than those payments made by airdrops but there are still desperate hunters that does not a job or other source of income and badly needs cash so thier last resort are only airdrops and willing to do anything  ,
Right most of them airdrop hunter don't care to provide kyc documents, on the other hand 80% of newcomer participate an airdrop campaign to some money, old member didn't work for such amount reward . they knew a lot of risk in kyc for threaten in future their identity

Bounty & Airdrop hunters can't earn enough money doing this job, now more difficult to search which projects will pay and i think hunters should be select these projects those are must be pay.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 03:27:14 PM

Honestly i never liked the KYC implementation idea and i guess it's same thing with many on here but since KYC is what every popular exchange are turning to nowadays i have no choice since i have to sell coins and tokens i earned or owned, if not for selling off identity on dark web and other dangerous things involving stolen identity i have no problem with KYC

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
loc66600
Copper Member

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 11:17:19 AM

I think it is getting normal when countries/law asking KYC for cryto. It is inevitable.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:27:53 PM

I think it is getting normal when countries/law asking KYC for cryto. It is inevitable.

When legal or government representatives ask for documents, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the verification of KYC is asked by companies that operate in an unregulated market and we are simply not able to check whether they do it with good intentions or not. Unfortunately, but on the cryptocurrency market there were document leaks very often, which can lead to many problems for people whose data is in the hands of criminals.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 05:09:09 PM

When legal or government representatives ask for documents, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the verification of KYC is asked by companies that operate in an unregulated market and we are simply not able to check whether they do it with good intentions or not. Unfortunately, but on the cryptocurrency market there were document leaks very often, which can lead to many problems for people whose data is in the hands of criminals.

Nothing wrong with providing personal info, the problem is who is asking for it and what use they will give. There should be a KYP (Know your provider) so far we don't have such a thing!!!! and nobody is thinking about it!!

That would be the first step, then after that KYC!! not just companies asking users personal data!!

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 08:01:39 PM

I do not mind to KYC in regards to making my funds are legit. I DO mind the fact that a company stores my personal data and I have no way of telling how it is stored, if it has been leaked (during a hack) etc.
blockchaincroatia23

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 09:12:21 AM

I do afraid don't wanna pay huge amount of taxes in the future
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 03:33:07 PM

I do not mind to KYC in regards to making my funds are legit. I DO mind the fact that a company stores my personal data and I have no way of telling how it is stored, if it has been leaked (during a hack) etc.

Most times KYC is not for disclosure purpose but to guarantee security of fund, so that third party won't run away with investors money. So it is a bar on the owner of fund only when KYC corresponds to provided information already and a total bar and exclusion of a third party.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:16:34 PM

Most times KYC is not for disclosure purpose but to guarantee security of fund, so that third party won't run away with investors money. So it is a bar on the owner of fund only when KYC corresponds to provided information already and a total bar and exclusion of a third party.

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.coindesk.com/binance-kyc-issue

I don't like my information leaked on the internet like that, especially when it involves selfies/pictures of my official identity documents.
haroonazam

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:42:48 AM

I'm additionally apprehensive on KYC in light of the fact that it can truly be use into filthy things, yet I can't take care of business since I have to top it off as one of a necessities in huge trades. Simply be cautious on giving your data on any ICO in light of the fact that the hazard is high there.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1760

View Profile
February 27, 2020, 03:52:13 PM

What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?
* There are some people who don't think KYC is needed in the crypto world.
* Some of them are important in the world of cryoto.

Not afraid to do kyc, an object, leads to a detrimental factor for someone who gives his real identity.

These two things always contradict each other, my opinion if the kyc is in accordance with the expectations that our personal data can be safely accounted for does not matter, for example in the trading market.

What's worse is that KYC is not as expected, for example people do work in the campaign field, after doing KYC given tokens to participants, if sold for $ 5 dollars, this is annoying KCY.

That's where the kyc controversy occurred with most people in the crypto world.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2020, 06:15:39 AM

Kyc was invented to generate trust and mitigate crime

Bitcoin is only kinda trustless in terms of micropayment

So it is needed for exchange decent funds legally and secure

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2020, 06:24:45 AM

You should be... a lot of the time there is absolutely no reason to KYC besides the fact that some bad guy somewhere wants your info to do terrible things with potentially or sell.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2020, 12:52:20 PM

Average Joes, don't care

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
winone2017

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2020, 01:38:39 PM

yes i am afraid of kyc! because I worry if my personal database will be misused by irresponsible people or bad people.
abogadoshenares

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2020, 07:36:26 PM

people who staying in countries where its illegal those people will be afraid about it provably
arandon

Activity: 18
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 12:05:57 AM

If you're are afraid of using your documents illegally, you must follow follow this steps:
1. Go [Suspicious link removed]] [Suspicious link removed][/url] and type some words as: DO NOT RESELL ,or FOR ICO ONLY on your docs.

LOL and now a completely random site, [Suspicious link removed], has a copy of your legal documents, before you watermarked them!

Download image editing software on your local machine, if you want to watermark confidential documents.

Best to add a text over your id's or passport like  "copy for xxx ICO". So it is pretty useless for other illegal activities.

Really? They can't pay $10 to an experienced Photoshopper to remove that text?

And what about the video verification you have to do for a ton of services? No text/watermark there. The resolution may not be great, but ML-based image sharpening tools already exist and we're talking about very predictable content, like an ID (text) and a face.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: