Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:35:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2937 times)
JanuaryStars

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:53:47 AM

Most definitely! Bitcoin is a the most singular coin that all the coin including tokens are priced against. Therefore, if anything  happen to bitcoin prices it is easily felt by cryptocurrency ecosystem in general!

Yes they are directly impacted with fluctuations of bitcoin prices. But to elaborate more, when bitcoin price decreases, many altcoin asset holders would trade their coins for bitcoin, since its price is dropping and they will view it as a perfect time to invest.
Given the volume out of an alt, its market price will then decrease as a consequence.
Though that is but one of the reasons, but the most logical explanation.
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:03 AM

Most definitely! Bitcoin is a the most singular coin that all the coin including tokens are priced against. Therefore, if anything  happen to bitcoin prices it is easily felt by cryptocurrency ecosystem in general!

Yes they are directly impacted with fluctuations of bitcoin prices. But to elaborate more, when bitcoin price decreases, many altcoin asset holders would trade their coins for bitcoin, since its price is dropping and they will view it as a perfect time to invest.
Given the volume out of an alt, its market price will then decrease as a consequence.
Though that is but one of the reasons, but the most logical explanation.

On another note, don't confuse ICOs as alts. ICOs are yet to enter the market and therefore cannot be referred to as altcoin or a coin.
Anyway, I believe same principle applies as what you have explained. When investors invest in ICOs, then dip comes in, most of these investors may trade their assets for bitcoin, and affect prices in turn.
So yes, it can affect ICOs.
freakdust123

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

As i have noticed when BTC price goes down, it affect all cryptos, so when the bitcoin prices goes down, it will also affect in ICO because their token will also be low at any exchanges.
forevergala

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

YES!  it will affect ICO's in a number of ways.  If bitcoin prices are low, the ICO's may not raise enough funds and do not meet the soft cap requirement. I think that nowdays bitcoin affect on everithing
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:32:05 PM

I am certainly positive that bitcoin's value affects these ICOs ,as bitcoin's value dropped most of the altcoins in the market are going down including ethereum which is the based of these ICO projects,if ethereum's market is going to fall there will be less investors to these projects which is why im sure there will be less successful ICOs when the market is in bearish trend.

jonahhex

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

Now we can see the strong influence of bitcoin on the whole altcoins and ICOs market. The price of bitcoin is falling, so many people have adopted a waiting strategy, and do not want to invest in coins and ICOs. This caused the outflow of money from crypto and the fall of many ICOs.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

Definitely not. I believe it only affects cryptocurrency already in the market due to bitcoin dominance but not projects that have not been traded yet.

Actually Bitcoin price affect ICO's,  though almost all ICO are peg to USD price or ETH price, the price of Bitcoin still dictates how many token of ICO an investor can buy.  They have a direct effect on it because by setting an example of Bitcoin having a high price, it will definitely buy more token than Bitcoin having lower price.  Aside from that, if by the time of an ICO period where Bitcoin is at low price, and the project gathers a lot of Bitcoin and after sometime, the price of Bitcoin doubles, this will automatically makes the buying power or funds of ICO doubles. So yes, price of bitcoin affect ICOs.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:57:02 AM

When bitcoin picks up, the whole market picks up,
People will be more optimistic about ICOs, and ICOs are more likely to reach hard cap.

gehtrs

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:28:17 AM

Of course it will affect. The price of Bitcoin determines the funds owned by ICO. The price of i Bitcoin indirectly affects the entire cryptocurrency market.
runque

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:31:24 AM

The price of Bitcoin affects all the digital currency market, not just ico, because he is the index and affects the emotion of all participants. If Bitcoin has fallen sharply, many people will lose confidence because too many people believe it.
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:36:42 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
I think bitcoin has a direct effect on certain ICO's prices on the market. Especially uf these ICOs have their funds backed by bitcoin. In this way bitcoin directly affects the market valur of certain ICOs. Moreover, the state of bitcoin mostnof the time creates a tide effect on the whole cryptocurrency imdustry. In which when bitcoin's value is at an increase, people will be more interested to invest in the cryptocurrency industry.
saras008

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:56:35 AM

I think some value of a project when ico is calculated from the price of bitcoin or ethereum. So it makes sense if bitcoin price goes down then ico value will also be affected, and vice versa.
popotao93

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:48:36 AM

Because BitCoin is the first and largest crypto, when confidence is shown in it, there's carry over to other cryptos. With decentralized exchanges and the massive success of recent ICO's, I think this is only the beginning for BitCoin, blockchain.
Nedrek

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:06:02 PM

Any prolonged drop in the price of major currencies adversely affects the ICO of young projects because ordinary people are beginning to lose confidence in crypto-currencies, and large investors are waiting for the market to stabilize at a fixed price.
QueenOf

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
Most ICO projects use smart contract that belongs to Etherium. they also accept payments using BTC, ETH and several other currencies.
But most of them receive BTC and ETH payments so the price fluctuations of Bitcoin and Etherium greatly affect the performance of ICO at this time. Unless the ICO Project directly converts the funds they receive into a stable currency like the Dollar.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:19:46 PM

At least, there is an influence, at least because the ICO fees are held in bitcoins. During the drawdown of crypto-currencies, for many, the ICO became a variant of investing money. Now ICO collects less.
trrewqs

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:51:54 PM

In my opinion, the price of bitcoin greatly affects ico projects. Because the fees are usually held on the basis of ETH or BTC. Example, of the BTC price is $ 1000 at fees. As a result, the project collected 10.000 BTC, with a total value of 10.000.000 $. After that, the bitcoin fell to $ 500. And in the end, the project received not $ 10,000,000, but $ 5,000,000. That's the whole point. It's my opinion

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 1st   ●
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:54:12 PM

Yes of course bitcoin affect ICO’s because  they are in the roots in the business even if it  is in external or internal in the business,
In which the two of them changed it will affect everyone in the business.
mimota168

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:15:34 AM

I think bitcoin affect the price of ICO's because these token sales are getting banned and/or regulated globally, it encourages people to hold Bitcoin instead of alternative protocol assets.
sandymandy937

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:33:34 PM

it is not really affecting. there are many ico that have a fixed USD rate for their crowdsale.
so, what ever the bitcoin price, the the ico tokens rate still remain same.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: