Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:17:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2937 times)
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:03:10 AM

Of course, the price depends on BTC directly, because if the market is all red and the ICO has released its token and it starts to bargain then the price adjusts to the market and accordingly falls or grows
insomnia79

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:04:11 AM

Yes of course, because bitcoin still the main or number one and the most common coin in cryptocurrency, and bitcoin will thread other coin if bitcoin up and down, so please support our first crypto and the famous one to help people know more and easily now about cryptocurrency
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:14:56 AM

i think btc and eth is basic all of ico invesment, they can investing some fund from there. so if btc go down it make lower price too if use calculated with usd.
beside that if btc down this moment is good to investing  prospectively ico
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

Yes, and for me this is only a guess because i do not really know about the relationship between bitcoin and altcoin and for that i guess the price of bitcoin will affect also with the bitcoin price. Take a closer look when the bitcoin market price is high those altcoin market price is too low or there are indicators like most of them got red. But if the bitcoin market price is low then altcoin market price also is too high in regards to the ratio and proportion of altcoin to bitcoin. If you are going to trade altcoin to bitcoin the best way is to trade bitcoin when the market price is low. The value of altcoin is great at that time and you may get bigger value of your altcoin to bitcoin.

i agree because i also notice that everytime bitcoin increases , the value of altcoins were also decreasing , so i guess there is probably a solid connection between the two. however this view is only based on my experience because i myself dont also have a proper knowledge regarding on altcoins. however in the case of ico's , i dont think they are related to each other because an ico is totally different from an existing altcoins.
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:30:18 AM

Ofcourse it can affect the ICO when comes on pricing if the coins in market will exchange on btc the price will also goes down. It happened at all when btc goes down the market trading wil also lessen the price
market field

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:41:46 AM

Ofcourse it can affect the ICO when comes on pricing if the coins in market will exchange on btc the price will also goes down. It happened at all when btc goes down the market trading wil also lessen the price
I do not know why. But I have been watching the price of this market for a long time and I see once the BTC goes down, almost the entire market goes down with it. I think people sell their tokens to buy BTC when it drops, I think so,
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:43:19 AM

I think yes, almost all ICO price converts to ETH price then  ETH converted to Bitcoin and vice versa. except for miners or trader hold ICO, that also can make influence a fluctuation.

Booko

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:50:31 AM

I'd like to say that in crypto everything is related to bitcoin: If it falls, then all crypto fall, tokens are also subject to this trend, because if investors leave bitcoin, then they leave other crypto-currencies and tokens. When people are not very well versed in the crypto world, Bitcoin is the master of digital money. As soon as Bitcoin's rate falls, people's trust about it going down, and transfer their funds into other coins or projects.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:37:39 AM

Bitcoin price fluctuations affects almost everything crypto related, at least for now. For ICOs, when people are investing the invest using crytpo currencies Bitcoin, ETH, DODGE, etc. And if you check the charts of of bitcoin, over the last 3 months, when the prices of bitcoin falls, the others also fall, and vice versa. Now during an ICO when people are investing it means the value will also fluctuate, people can then decide to invest more or less at that particular given point or price. don't forget most investors have to convert from fiat money to crypto money to invest, so when the exchange rate favors them, they will probably invest more, when it doesn't they would either hold off from investing or invest very little - protecting their exposure.
douhancan58

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:57:08 AM

The price of BTC will definitely affect ICO, the digital encryption currency which is the product of the development of the financial Internet,

ICO is also the product of the Internet. Many ICO's crowdfunding needs BTC to raise funds!

The price of BTC will also affect other digital cryptographic currencies!
Adhar

Activity: 966
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

bitcoin is a king's of cryptocurrency,normally if bitcoin fall then altcoin or ico effect their momentum. maximum icos team starting their plan with bitcoin. so that bitcoin price really much affect ICOs.

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

Of course, the price depends on BTC directly, because if the market is all red and the ICO has released its token and it starts to bargain then the price adjusts to the market and accordingly falls or grows
The price definitely affects the ICO's. Ethereum is usually set in an ICO, there is nothing that the investor can do if the price of Ethereum goes lower.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:14:49 PM

Abosultelly , if you surf through the web you will be surprised to find out how much, not only the whole world of altcoins (made very few exceptions affects) but also the ico projects,are affected by,, for example I'm following an ICO that's "paused" due to the bitcoin downtrend oscillations..

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

Most of the ICO's collecting fund based on US dollar like for example softcap will be 1 million USD and hardcap lets say 10 million . So reaching this required more BTC or ethereum contribution . Simple formula also it will increase supply of the coins . Lets say target amout 1 million required 1000 ETH when price was 1000$ . Each ether investor will get some 500 token . Now reaching 1 million required 2000 Ether so suppluy increases.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Annubis

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:24:30 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 01:48:54 PM by Annubis

Wow! I find amazing news in discussions, EOS unite for work with Iconiq Lab. This German project helps start-ups to come to success.
Their last project Vreo.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707  under the leadership of a team of investors and mentors became a successful project at the gaming and the advertising market. More information about them I found here Telegram grp: https://t.me/vreoico
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:27:01 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

I guess it can, some ICOs token price is based on dollar per coin, so when bitcoin price is down and people use it to invest in an ICO they will get lesser coins. So, usually people are hesitant to invest in bitcoin when the bitcoin price is down.
donacal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:35:12 PM

sure that it is influenced. Many ico are paid in bitcoins. then the promoters of the ico sell but do not sell everything. The December surge in my opinion is due to the great demand for bitcoin for the many ico that were taking place
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:38:31 PM

sure that it is influenced. Many ico are paid in bitcoins. then the promoters of the ico sell but do not sell everything. The December surge in my opinion is due to the great demand for bitcoin for the many ico that were taking place

What about the ones not paid in btc? I think they can go either way and depends on how big the dip/raise of the btc is.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
PERtua

Activity: 303
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:54:09 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
If the bitcoin price falls, and the price of the project's tokens is set in bitcoins, then investors should invest in ICO to fix their profits. But when the price of bitcoin grows, the whole market grows and this adds optimism to investors.

Yes your correct, once the price of the bitcoin falls there should a big responsibility that most of the investors must invest in ICO because when the time comes that the btc grows high then big chance to get good profit.
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:05:38 PM

Yes definitely the price difference will occur if bitcoin's price goes down insane. There would be a definite loss. If bitcoin goes down then all alts goes similarily down. So obviously there is much affect on ICO of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: