Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin(DVC) Source Code Updated to Bitcoin 0.8.x  (Read 5327 times)
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:16:23 PM

Rsnel has given me a time table he will reply with more info shortly.

Jag

Excellent news thank you! Thanks go out to Rsnel as well Cheesy

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 03:59:12 PM by meta.p02

I would work on this project, however I am currently trying to hack together Blakecoin p2pool. Besides, I need to figure out how I can dual-boot my com with linux, since it doesn't support virtualisation, and its partitions are arranged in a... rather unique fashion.

Pledging 25 thousand DVC (for now... my shares are still generating).

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
rsnel

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:36:40 PM

Hi people,

I told sidhujag I can do it over the christmas holidays. So I noone else does it before that, I will take a shot.

Greetings,

Rik.

Maintainer of I0coin: http://i0coin.snel.it/ | SHA256 60GH/s | scrypt 600kH/s
I0coins can be traded on Vircurex, you can use this signup URL and pay less transaction fees.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:33:47 AM

Hi people,

I told sidhujag I can do it over the christmas holidays. So I noone else does it before that, I will take a shot.

Greetings,

Rik.

Thank you!
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:19:51 AM

Hi people,

Greetings,

Rik.

Great! You'd also get 48 shares plus another 6 million devcoins from me:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now#low_memory_devcoin

sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:26:30 AM

So ive been working on this and got it the daemon compiled with 0.8.5 with devcoin changes...

The testnet checkpoints werent put in so I disabled the testnet chechpoint checks yet it seems that my merge mine proxy cant connect to my testnet nodes? hmm

I follow this writeup to test:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50741.25;wap2

All I see is the proxy saying cant connect to 127.0.0.1:17002 and the node accepts then drops connection right away. What gives? Anyway need to debug more.

Running on the real network port 52333 it doesnt accept blocks because the version has changed so the miners dont even bother. Any ideas how else I can test?

When we release it I will set a block in the future where all miners need to switch by because its a hard fork.

The protocol and version changed means hard fork.. need to confirm this.
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:14:26 PM

Good news got the merge mining proxy working and testnet is functional! Now to try to mine some blocks.

Minor glitch i created a test net reciever file with 5 testnet dvc addresses but the reciever functiom only reads the first address for some reason.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:44:14 PM

Bounty Offered:
48-shares
sidhujag 1 million DVC
weisoq 1 million DVC
matt608 1 million DVC
shakezula 1 million DVC
notabot 1 million DVC
cryptojournal 1 million DVC
FinShaggy    500,000 DVC
eeh 500,000 DVC
best_btc 1 million dvc
Unthinkingbit 6 million dvc

new updates to the bounty offered
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:41:14 AM

So Im mining blocks on a local testnet and its working as expected.. not really sure how the coins are awarded properly to the recievers but its doing the samr thing as live version..

Next question is what happens with old wallets? I tried to copy over the new daemon over the installed version and then it converts the wallet but when I do a getinfo on it its saying 0 blocks... not sure how bitcoin handles forks in terms of user migration..

after I get those answers I will upload binaries and source for you guys to test.. this is just for the daemon.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:52:50 AM

Bounty Offered:
48-shares
sidhujag 1 million DVC
weisoq 1 million DVC
matt608 1 million DVC
shakezula 1 million DVC
notabot 1 million DVC
FinShaggy    500,000 DVC
eeh 500,000 DVC
best_btc 1 million dvc

Here is what I don't understand.  I thought that with DVC, 95% of all coins go to the developers.  So who are these developers and why aren't they coming up with the funds to do this?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:02:54 AM

Bounty Offered:
48-shares
sidhujag 1 million DVC
weisoq 1 million DVC
matt608 1 million DVC
shakezula 1 million DVC
notabot 1 million DVC
FinShaggy    500,000 DVC
eeh 500,000 DVC
best_btc 1 million dvc

Here is what I don't understand.  I thought that with DVC, 95% of all coins go to the developers.  So who are these developers and why aren't they coming up with the funds to do this?

Lol some are on bitcoin share list because they get paid for work on bitcoin (can later import their wallets to collect their devcoin) and some are devs for this project but didnt have the time to do this. Frankly im surprised we didnt hear from them here or they didnt add to the
bounty since im sure most of them knew. But I like to think its karma...

Anyways I wanted to learn the source code and devcoin at the same time so its good I got a chance to do it. I think now I can develop further to make new features that dont exist for other coins.

But first lets get this one working..

Jag

Ps the devs dont pay usually.. the shares are there for that reason to pay devs.. and consider me a dev now..

In the end the top 10k developers will be on the list and we will have a thriving community making great things.
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:25:15 PM

Great news Ive got the new daemon downloading the blockchain so its going smoothly... I tested mining using setgenerate and got a few blocks from a testnet. I will include this local testnet on github.. I couldnt test merge mining so we will have to test this with real nodes.

So I am building w32 and we will need someone to build all the platforms from the src:

1) windows 64
2) Linux 32 and 64
3) FreeBSD 32 and 64
4) Fedora 32 and 64
5) Mac osx

All compiles should be using latest version of OS. Someone please help and take up one of these to build. You will need the dependencies. I will try to update the makefiles but I am basing them off my makefile.mingw for windows.

Now I will work on building the qt.. I will upload src to github as well but please respond to what you can build.
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

Done, please see OP for download links
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:09:21 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 07:29:00 AM by markm

Here is what I don't understand.  I thought that with DVC, 95% of all coins go to the developers.  So who are these developers and why aren't they coming up with the funds to do this?

Darn it we have to improve the wording on all docs and ads and marketing copy and so on, tons of people seem to keep thinking the 90% of the coins, the coins sent out to artists, musicians, coders, authors, hardware designers, rocket scientists (once market cap is high enough) and so on and so on and so on who work on (aka "develop") free open source hardware, music, art, literature, programs, spaceships (when our market cap is high enough) somehow means the coders who coded devcoin get 90% of the coins.

That is a totally bogus perception, and maybe totally eradicating the use of the word "developer" in all the text/ads/etc might be required, but however we do it we need to somehow make absolutely clear that 90% of the coins go to people who work on various free open source projects, hopefully not just projects like a free open source spaceship you can print with a 3d printer, not even just projects like that and a free open source printer to print it with, not even just projects like that and free open source formulae and production techniques for making the "inks" used by such printers, but also cool projects such as trying to make the "autodoc" described in Larry Niven's "Ringworld" milieu, that would be an awesome project, if you aren't familiar with Ringworld then maybe you have seen the Stargate series, an "autodoc" is similar to the "sarcophagus" the bad guys use except that the autodoc tries also to keep people sane instead of trying to turn them into megalomaniac sociopathic psychopaths...

Also, it is 90%, not 95%.

It was planned to change to 95% upon merged mining becoming a reality, but miners are so greedy and so filled with a sense of "entitlement" that we left it at 90% even when we did implement merged mining. (Maybe miners use sarcophagi instead of autodocs? If so, all the more need to get our market cap up so we can start financing autodocs as well as spaceships (and, of course, holodecks, gotta have holodecks...))

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:06:21 AM

Markm I sensed a real negative connation in your recent posts so i suggest you revert back to your old self you were very helped and instrumental to noobs who were learning the ropes.

This guy like the rest were are frusterated by the amouny that devs get without evidence of work.. I tend to agree devcoin should pay via bounties to only the verified sources of work. Btc shares are another story. He is just saying Hey I thought we had devs we paid millions for so where are they? I asked the same q And got the same answer but in the end I will perservere and defeat those who dont believe in the cause. Those who give more time to projects they reward risk more
for will yet get paid dvc while they do it will have whats coming to them. In the end like notabot they will be revealed as fakes and the project will reward the true early adopters who dont sell.
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:07:06 AM

Great news Ive got the new daemon downloading the blockchain so its going smoothly... I tested mining using setgenerate and got a few blocks from a testnet. I will include this local testnet on github.. I couldnt test merge mining so we will have to test this with real nodes.

So I am building w32 and we will need someone to build all the platforms from the src:

1) windows 64
2) Linux 32 and 64
3) FreeBSD 32 and 64
4) Fedora 32 and 64
5) Mac osx

All compiles should be using latest version of OS. Someone please help and take up one of these to build. You will need the dependencies. I will try to update the makefiles but I am basing them off my makefile.mingw for windows.

Now I will work on building the qt.. I will upload src to github as well but please respond to what you can build.

Is the build file ok? I'd like to build linux 32 bitcoind first.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:15:29 AM

1) windows 64
2) Linux 32 and 64
3) FreeBSD 32 and 64
4) Fedora 32 and 64
5) Mac osx

Is the build file ok? I'd like to build linux 32 bitcoind first.

i built off of mingw and didnt touch the linux
mingw makefil you will have to add libcurl and multithreading and static options. So its not hard just do it.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:26:04 AM

Markm I sensed a real negative connation in your recent posts so i suggest you revert back to your old self you were very helped and instrumental to noobs who were learning the ropes.

This guy like the rest were are frusterated by the amouny that devs get without evidence of work.. I tend to agree devcoin should pay via bounties to only the verified sources of work. Btc shares are another story. He is just saying Hey I thought we had devs we paid millions for so where are they? I asked the same q And got the same answer but in the end I will perservere and defeat those who dont believe in the cause. Those who give more time to projects they reward risk more
for will yet get paid dvc while they do it will have whats coming to them. In the end like notabot they will be revealed as fakes and the project will reward the true early adopters who dont sell.

To get one share as a programmer you have to do ten hours of work.

To get one share pasting stuff into devtome you only have to paste 1000 words (admittedly ones you wrote yourself.)

So I guess some day when some programmer happens to have typed 1000 words that happen to result in a shiny new client maybe they will chose to paste them into the source code instead of into devtome.

But y'know, they'd make as much money just pasting them into devtome and letting someone else take care of copying them from devtome into the source code and compiling and updating the git repositories and packaging binaries and so on and so on.

Does it really take ten hours to come up with 1000 words to post to devtome? I think as long as it is quicker/easier to come up with 1000 words to paste than it is to debug / create code for ten hours it might even be in the economically rational person sense "stupid" to waste time programming that would be more profitably spent writing 1000's of words of excuses for not programming...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

I will test the Windows client and let you know the outcome.

sidhujag (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:10:09 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 09:29:31 AM by sidhujag

To get one share as a programmer you have to do ten hours of work.

To get one share pasting stuff into devtome you only have to pasteip 1000 words (admittedly ones you wrote yourself.)

So I guess some day when some programmer happens to have typed 1000 words that happen to result in a shiny new client maybe they will chose to paste them into the source code instead of into devtome.

But y'know, they'd make as much money just pasting them into devtome and letting someone else take care of copying them from devtome into the source code and compiling and updating the git repositories and packaging binaries and so on and so on.

Does it really take ten hours to come up with 1000 words to post to devtome? I think as long as it is quicker/easier to come up with 1000 words to paste than it is to debug / create code for ten hours it might even be in the economically rational person sense "stupid" to waste time programming that would be more profitably spent writing 1000's of words of excuses for not programming...

-MarkM-

I agrer that devs should get their fair share of pie and I gave a proposal to unthinkingbit on how to do so. Its up to him but we can talk about the model all we want.. end of day I wrote the code which took 3 weeks and I
get paid for writing like a week lol its ok as long as ppl see whats important.. im not selling they are.. Are u selling???
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: