Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ❗ Attention Binance users ❗  (Read 320 times)
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:50:45 PM

As per the Binance CEO's statement all funds are safe and many users are confirming that their funds are also safe so I think the hack was not happened that much so it was just a rumor spreading again to keep the bitcoin price low.So investors don't get panic and move your funds to your wallet if you are not doing trade too often.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:40:23 PM

So this is why you should never hold coins for long in an exchange. If there is something bad happen in an exchange like phising or the exchange getting attack by hacker, you will be sorry for your coins. I hope this is just a false alarm and the problem be fix asap because i know binance is such a good exchange.

perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

🆘 Binance Suspends Withdrawals As Trading Bot Hacked Some Users Accounts.

According to several posts on Reddit, Twitter and other social channels, ‎someone hacked the trading bot used by majority of people on Binance. The ‎hackers sold the altcoins in comprised accounts and bought another virtual ‎coin, Viacoin (VIA)‎.

Binance has denied that it was hacked after an extensive halt of trading and customer ‎withdrawals of funds at one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies exchanges.‎

The support staff at said they are investigating reports of some users having issues with their funds. “Our team is aware and investigating the issue as we speak. Please remain patient and we will provide an update as quickly as possible” they added

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/07/binance-accidentally-selling-users-cryptocurrency-bitcoin/
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/binance-suspends-withdrawals-trading-bot-hacked-users-accounts/
https://www.reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/82p8fo/binance_accounts_got_hacked/

Verify your balance and open tickets if something is not as expected.
Very good of them to have detected it very fast considering how the hackers have been planning the whole thing all along for the accounts they were able to hack using their APIs. Even despite the fact that they were trying to trade on those accounts before withdrawing, they still got nabbed and then the fun part of it all was the fact that the hackers were the ones who ended up losing their funds. What a turnaround, where the hunter got hunted.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.
https://twitter.com/cz_binance
I think everything is in order just apparently some came across a fake site

There are several topics over the internet about this. It might be fake, I admit, but there is no harm in checking your account, right?
It is not fake news as binance made this clear on their site. No funds were stolen but some were converted to VIA I think which was the coin, the hackers were trying to do exchanges with to move it out of the hacked users account. Operations have started already since then on binance and they have told the users affected that they will have to do the conversion back to the converted coin by themselves. A friend of mine was affected, but it is good that binance was at least able to get this sorted.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:01:52 PM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.
Yeah, all my funds too are safe and from the look of things, it only affected some few accounts that was hacked a while back as they only used this moment to just want to carry out the operation without getting noticed and I am happy that binance was at least able to detect the irregularities that happened during this time. The hackers were smart, but I guess they were not smart enough. People really need to be very careful about phishing sites as that was how the hackers were able to get a hold of those accounts.
rose8963

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:41:34 PM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.

This information is causing a lot of attention. It's not really clear, because I doubt it's a duplication of what the Chinese government has been up to lately. We still need more time to determine the right thing to do.

Beremat

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

YGOLD is a Defi platform

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:13:19 PM

you should not too be worried. the Binance has announced that the hackers did not draw any amount of money. it is a good news and i believe the market will recover soon

zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:18:37 PM

you should not too be worried. the Binance has announced that the hackers did not draw any amount of money. it is a good news and i believe the market will recover soon

I see this as more likely another fud as so I still keep my funds in Binance and didn't bother believe to all that hacking incident. Yes binance had told us everything is safe and to think greedy people are just using binance issue to spread fears and doubt and to shaken weak hands. This is just another drama and good thing I use 2FA Authenticator so it's hard for them to access my account.

swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:07:11 AM

It seems that the people want to explain the current global falling on the crypto exchange markets in such a way. Now Bitcoin -10%, ostensibly the hackers are guilty. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think it is just a temporary correction. Some investors decided to exit to fiat currency. Probably, they know the reason, why. Maybe, we are expecting a big fall on the traditional fund markets in the near future?
LOL. I think it's true. No hacker related to this dump and Binance is not hacked as well Smiley). Everywhen the market dump, people try to find out the reason for it although it's normal thing happen everyday in crypto market and this time the main reason for this dump because Binance was hacked. LOL. I think my Binance account still save cause there are no email sent to me to notify about withdraw from my account Smiley)
Binance itself was not hacked but the users account has been hacked a long time ago whereas the hackers were going to carry out the operation before they got nabbed. However, this has nothing to do with the drop in value of btc itself since no funds were affected anyway.

The only thing is that the coins were being exchanged from btc to another currency which binance suspected as btc was getting dumped and the coin was getting seriously pumped, before they realized it was an attempt from a single source and quickly averted it before they were able to do anything and even the hacker’s funds were withheld.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: