Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:15:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ❗ Attention Binance users ❗  (Read 321 times)
al1n (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:16:33 PM

🆘 Binance Suspends Withdrawals As Trading Bot Hacked Some Users Accounts.

According to several posts on Reddit, Twitter and other social channels, ‎someone hacked the trading bot used by majority of people on Binance. The ‎hackers sold the altcoins in comprised accounts and bought another virtual ‎coin, Viacoin (VIA)‎.

Binance has denied that it was hacked after an extensive halt of trading and customer ‎withdrawals of funds at one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies exchanges.‎

The support staff at said they are investigating reports of some users having issues with their funds. “Our team is aware and investigating the issue as we speak. Please remain patient and we will provide an update as quickly as possible” they added

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/07/binance-accidentally-selling-users-cryptocurrency-bitcoin/
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/binance-suspends-withdrawals-trading-bot-hacked-users-accounts/
https://www.reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/82p8fo/binance_accounts_got_hacked/

Verify your balance and open tickets if something is not as expected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kramr

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.
https://twitter.com/cz_binance
I think everything is in order just apparently some came across a fake site
al1n (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:23:45 PM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.

There are several topics over the internet about this. It might be fake, I admit, but there is no harm in checking your account, right?
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

It seems that the people want to explain the current global falling on the crypto exchange markets in such a way. Now Bitcoin -10%, ostensibly the hackers are guilty. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think it is just a temporary correction. Some investors decided to exit to fiat currency. Probably, they know the reason, why. Maybe, we are expecting a big fall on the traditional fund markets in the near future?
al1n (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:32:05 PM

It seems that the people want to explain the current global falling on the crypto exchange markets in such a way. Now Bitcoin -10%, ostensibly the hackers are guilty. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think it is just a temporary correction. Some investors decided to exit to fiat currency.

That would be a bad explanation for the current market.
The problem reported is that the coins were sold for BTC without user knowledge.
That could explain the drop in price for some coins, but it would have paired with an increase of BTC price, which didn't happen.
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:36:08 PM

I think it is just a temporary correction. Some investors decided to exit to fiat currency. Probably, they know the reason, why. Maybe, we are expecting a big fall on the traditional fund markets in the near future?
LOL. I think it's true. No hacker related to this dump and Binance is not hacked as well Smiley). Everywhen the market dump, people try to find out the reason for it although it's normal thing happen everyday in crypto market and this time the main reason for this dump because Binance was hacked. LOL. I think my Binance account still save cause there are no email sent to me to notify about withdraw from my account Smiley)

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:44:15 PM

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe.

There are several topics over the internet about this. It might be fake, I admit, but there is no harm in checking your account, right?
Last when i checked(an hour ago) all my balance(i have less than $200 there) on binance is safe. the only people who've been affected appear to be using API. since 2014 i have never kept large amount on exchanges, i buy and withdraw.
kramr

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

We have localized the irregular trades, they will be reversed.  All funds are safe, thanks to the fast alarm.  Please learn to secure your accounts against phishing.
https://steemit.com/binance/@czbinance/securing-your-trading-account
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971476396278099969
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

🆘 Binance Suspends Withdrawals As Trading Bot Hacked Some Users Accounts.

According to several posts on Reddit, Twitter and other social channels, ‎someone hacked the trading bot used by majority of people on Binance. The ‎hackers sold the altcoins in comprised accounts and bought another virtual ‎coin, Viacoin (VIA)‎.

Binance has denied that it was hacked after an extensive halt of trading and customer ‎withdrawals of funds at one of the world’s biggest cryptocurrencies exchanges.‎

The support staff at said they are investigating reports of some users having issues with their funds. “Our team is aware and investigating the issue as we speak. Please remain patient and we will provide an update as quickly as possible” they added

Is it known what bot it is?
Usually a bot runs at the users PC/server, so it should be impossible to hack all at once.
Only if all the bots run on the developers server, it is possible to get access to all of them.

So: never use a trading bot at websites. Always run it in your own environment.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
al1n (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

Is it known what bot it is?
Usually a bot runs at the users PC/server, so it should be impossible to hack all at once.
Only if all the bots run on the developers server, it is possible to get access to all of them.

So: never use a trading bot at websites. Always run it in your own environment.

Not as far as I know. Nobody specified the name of the bot anywhere.
kramr

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:53:51 PM

here is the reason revealed A user’s history. Can you see the two dots under the domain name? Phishing website that redirects to the real website after login. Additionally, after you log in once, it doesn't let you access the phishing site again - will auto-redirect you to Binance (even after logging out)
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971483376753393664
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:20:39 PM

It is phishin, hacking etc, if you just enter your account and use it everyday without jumping into every so called opportunity, your account is definetely safe now.

GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:24:08 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 09:35:55 PM by GoldenLad

This is too bad, cause I have just started out with Binance though I have no coins there at the moment. But I am beginning to loss hope in exchange  Embarrassed, it seems non are really lasting. Its either one story or the another. If this is true, then I hope the CEO fix it immediately but if not; we truly hope it never happens. Cause some news are still saying the information is a rumour.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

What the fuck! I quickly went to my Binance account now to check and everything seems okay to me. At least the little Ethereum I left there for buying some altcoins are still in tact. But if this news is true, then hell, we can't trust any exchange again. I left Bittrex for Binance hoping things would be better here, now this. Anyway for anyone who cares to listen; do not leave your huge investment in any exchange!
BlockchainTalksInfo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

This is too bad, cause I have just started out with Binance though I have no coins there at the moment. I am beginning to loss hope in exchange, it seems non could really last. Its either one story or the another.
You can't trust any exchange. And not because the management is not trustworthy, but they have security breaches. And never use Api keys, never ever
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:23:50 PM

After reading this news around social media i immediately check my account on binance and everything is great, i don't know about this API and bot issues but it seems that binance looks normal for me (as of now in my own experience), i guess some people should be more careful on website they are entering as it can compromise their investment although it's common not to store large amount of coins on exchange and if you do so just buy and trade in just a short term to lessen the risk for this kind of issues.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
alendel0n7

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:20:29 PM

Does anyone know the name of the bot that was hacked? Binance is not guilty here, many use api for daytraiding, the one who provided this bot is to blame.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:27:43 PM

I dont know why but everything seems to be normal with me too.
Is someone creating this ruckus just so they could take down binance which have been popular these days. That could be possible right?
It is all just fluctuations for me. Even with bitcoin which lost like $1000 by now. It is still normal.
ETH have been hit too. Well, you gotta thank Tether for that, for traders could really escape faster by now.
goodGuyGreg

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:28:33 PM

goddamn man, have been researching exchanges past few month and decided to move to binance. really doubting this decision now.

who knows anything about BISQ? any good or bad experiences?
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:30:17 PM

Correct, better be safe than sorry.

Of course this will be just short lived correction. Investors always to that kind of moved when the price is going down, some of them cash it out and then waited it out to see what going on with that market.  I don't think that we should be expecting a big fall. Its that this news really contributed to the downward trend that we witnessed today. If everything settles down in the next couple of days, then we are going to bounce back again. Although, the timing of this news is very bad because we have been enjoying some semblance of a rally in the last couple of weeks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: