Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: <| Airdrops explained |>  (Read 141 times)
Neelix (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:02:18 AM

What is airdropping?

Simply put, airdropping is a free coins or tokens distribution. Use of this technology is possible both during the ICO and after its completion. The main criteria of getting free tokens are a positive wallet balance and possession of the keys from it. If the funds are on an exchange (such as Coinbase or Kraken) there is a very high chance that you will not be able to obtain tokens. The reason is that most exchanges keep your funds in the inner wallets and very often offline in cold wallets. The format of the token distribution is the following: in the pre-announced time a "snapshot" of the blockchain is published, and any Ether holder, meeting distribution criteria receives his share from the free tokens. The amount is distributed in proportion to the wallet balance. The greater the wallet balance is, the more you get.

The companies’ experience

What famous companies have already used the airdropping technology? One of the latest and clearest examples is Indorse , which announced free distribution of 65,000 IND tokens to the holders of TenX (PAY), Digix (DGD), CoinDash(CDT) and 0x (ZRX) tokens. Ethereum addresses which have less than 3000 and more than 0.01 Ether will receive it for not to send tokens to non-active or exchange accounts. The campaign provides a double bonus, a user needs to visit the official Indorse site and register an account. David Moskowitz, Indorse co-founder, said: "Choosing these communities for our tokens distribution, we guarantee wide dissemination and tokens transfer to the wallets of the most active Etherium tokens owners. Our ecosystem is thriving due to the active participants, so they will get financial reward in the form of IND token".

Indorse collaborations are met with huge support from the developers. Adam Efrima, CoinDash director shared: "IND Token will be added to CoinDash ecosystem in the near future, so that our users will be able to manage another asset in CoinDash.”

In early September, their airdropping has started and here are the results they have achieved. On the official Indorse website they’ve published information that fee has been 27 422 Ether, which is around $ 9 million. Of course this figure indicates remarkable success of the company, despite the fact that according to the Medium, distribution covered only 1800 unique accounts. Such results will not go unnoticed by the community; in the near future we will see some attempts to launch similar PR campaigns.

Another example is the upcoming airdrop of OmiseGo – a young cryptocurrency project by Asian payment operator Omise, specializing in domestic and cross-border remittances. According to the company’s blog 5% of all OMG will be sent to Ethereum wallets, which contained more than 0.1 ETH on a definite block. The intended addresses cover is more than 450 000! The launch was scheduled for the 4th of September, but has been postponed repeatedly. In the end, on the 24th of September, on their Twitter, OmiseGo reported the successful attempt with the help of Vitalik Buterin, who wrote the adapted smart contracts for the distribution on such a vast basis. Totally there were 5242 transactions on 36090 blocks to send 7012 269,91226 OMG to more than 460 000 people.

We can also highlight the ambitious project Cryptonex (CNX) that is a global blockchain acquiring. Its ICO ended on September 30. Due to airdropping, during the ICO period the company managed to collect over $17 million. More than 5000 addresses received bonus tokens, and the airdrop took about two weeks. This is the only Russian company, which has adopted foreign colleagues’ experience and openly shared their financial and technical results. Such events are a great way to introduce a cryptocurrency and to involve new people in crypto industry. Trond Vidar Bjorøy, the head of Scandinavian company ATPI production and implement, believes that: "companies are airdropping not because they are good guys. It's all a part of the elegant PR plan that will increase token value. Airdropping is not only advertising, but it’s also a way of token price increase. The effect of ownership suggests that people tend to appreciate more the things they possess. In the case of OmiseGO, half a million people will begin to consider OmiseGO more valuable than other tokens simply because they had become their owners. Many will continue to accumulate the currency, because they will feel like investors. Some owners will decide to reach round numbers, and some others will prefer to avoid the risk of purchasing unknown currencies".

How to launch airdropping?

Suppose you're a developer and owner of your own coin or token and want to start airdropping. How to do it?
The process can be divided into several stages:

1. The aim and airdropping type.
Depending on the stage of the project development and the goals, one must determine what to distribute: free tokens of the main contract, the "bonus tokens" as a reward when buying the basic token, or the token giving a discount for the coins purchase. We’ve chosen the following tactics: we send 1000 CNX, a user gets it as a bonus when purchasing 5000 CNX, and so the bonus is 20%.

2. Blockchain analysis. Identification of the target audience.
In the case of OmiseGo, the giant audience of 450 000 addresses was chosen. Our criteria are more segmented and the distribution conditions are different, so we assume the maximum coverage of 150 000 addresses, which is also a tremendous amount.

3. Smart contract creation and software writing.
If you plan to send tokens on the basis of a basic smart contract, then this possibility should be foreseen in advance.

4. Tokens distribution.
In case of Indorse, they sent out tokens to 1800 Ethereum addresses. According to our statistics, depending on the network load, our tokens are received by 1000 - 3000 addresses. The launch should be smooth and gain momentum gradually, to ensure that it is possible to get feedback and adjust distribution settings.

5. Efficiency track.
One can use Etherscan that shows information about all Ethereum transactions. Besides, there are some classical tools such as Google Analytics. Many questions are received from the tokens receivers on the forums, social networks, channels and groups. Due to the fact that the company finds time to answer most of the questions we get positive feedback from airdropping.

Despite seeming simplicity of these 5 steps implementation, there are a number of nuances, seriously hampering the process. Here are the key ones.
Etherium turnover capacity - nominal turnover capacity is 25 transactions per second, but it's the overall number of the entire network, and those transactions that have the greatest commission are sent. That’s why, on the basis of the budget, the maximum commission per transaction should be determined and some adjustments should be made during airdropping. It slightly reminds stakes control in contextual advertising. First of all, top priority transactions are placed on the block, and only then airdropping and other transactions with a lower commission by a residual principle. For this reason, it is impossible to carry out distribution to all the addresses in one day, even specifying maximum commission.
The transaction fee - the amount of the fee varies depending on the network load. It is influenced by many technical factors. The important thing is that you can achieve transaction fee in the form of 10-20 cents in the airdropping process and ensure new investments volume.
Team skills– the team should understand the blockchain operation principles, as well as have high programming and network skills for not to keep postponing airdropping.

The impact on the blockchain. Conclusion

We’ve introduced the technology allowing making a quality dialogue with private investors and gaining trust in the eyes of the tokens receivers with a relatively small financial cost. Any good project policy is that offering something useful to the [Suspicious link removed]munity, you gain trust and investment partners. Western experts believe that in the nearest future this technology will become a new PR trend. For this purpose there are some preconditions: the target audience coverage and many others, but, given the technical complexity and the nuances faced by the company, and considering  Ethereum  turnover capacity, transaction fees and severe requirements to the human resources needed for implementation, to the question: "Will airdropping become a new PR trend?", we answer "No". Will it keep developing and gain popularity in the cryptoworld? "Definitely yes!".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yaaansi

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

how does it work for non dev, for example as newbie like me I have read some advise that i can join airdrops but i dont know how it works
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:36:13 AM

how does it work for non dev, for example as newbie like me I have read some advise that i can join airdrops but i dont know how it works

You definitely don't need to be any sort of dev. Get an ERC20 wallet like My Ether Wallet for free. The vast majority of airdrops are built on Ethereum and use its token system. Write down the private key (do NOT lose it or give it to anyone). Then, using your public Ethereum address, start signing up for airdrops.

Now you can start looking for...

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

No, really. Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that. And you can sign up right now to get their tokens.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily.
parisbitbit

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:31:57 PM

You definitely don't need to be any sort of dev. Get an ERC20 wallet like My Ether Wallet for free. The vast majority of airdrops are built on Ethereum and use its token system. Write down the private key (do NOT lose it or give it to anyone). Then, using your public Ethereum address, start signing up for airdrops.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that. And you can sign up right now to get their tokens.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily.

May i know if Gonetwork airdrop is legit?
yaaansi

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:54:04 PM

Does these tokens automatically be distributed on our wallets?
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:05:18 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 04:23:20 PM by gawer33

I found this on google https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2344284.0 next time when sharing just share the link you might get ban doing that. the main purpose of airdrop is to increase the awareness of the coins(marketing).

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
bananapeelfeed

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:41:53 PM

Does these tokens automatically be distributed on our wallets?

The vast majority of airdrops are automatically distributed and it'll let you know when you're signing up. I anticipated this though - on the "Past Airdrops" tab, which I use once the sign-up phase is over and we are waiting on the tokens to be distributed, I will specifically notate if anything else is required to receive the drop.
bananapeelfeed

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

May i know if Gonetwork airdrop is legit?

It's legit. Check out this Medium article, written in October 2017 after they won: https://medium.com/@gonetwork/we-won-ethwaterloo-hackathon-the-worlds-largest-ethereum-hackathon-2322670a7646

On the official ETHWaterloo website, you can see that Vitalik, the founder of Ethereum, attended the event: https://ethwaterloo.com/#partners

So don't let anyone tell you all airdrops are useless. Good ones are out there - the ones I look for.
JasperVS11

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:35:22 PM

ICO and Airdrop Community

If you want you can join the ICO and Airdrop community. I spend a fair amount of time a day to investigate the potential of each airdrop. That way I try to filter out the airdrops that have some real value. These valuable airdrops will be posted in the group together with some extra information about the project.

Feel free to join by using this link: https://t.me/joinchat/FTuL-Q4leB38XkixiCJTCA
Neelix (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:55:33 PM

Thread locked to avoid future spam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: