Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why The Dip?  (Read 285 times)
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:38:42 PM

Actually I don't know why you asking this question if you're plan for long term holding, even if currently price dip you also won't sold out your coin, we only want x5 x10 profit return, people panic and market price dip also not my business, just relax and wait for crypto market green day coming

klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:16:14 PM

It is quite true that when bitcoin experiences a dip, everything else follows. Probable cause is the regulatory crackdown of virtual currencies by South Korea and China and governments trying their best to regulate bitcoin. The efforts made resulted to negativity on virtual currencies. We could expect continued volatility on bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrency.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:19:56 PM

You probably do not read the news? Have you read that FBI prohibits twitter from advertising crypto-currencies? I think that now the fall in prices is precisely because of this, so many now just get out of this market. I think that this is a real failure.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:29:42 PM

Hey everyone! I don't know why I haven't come here to ask this sooner but does anyone know what has caused this huge dip in the market at the moment? I have investments in DeepOnion and THEKEY, and both have dropped nearly 35%.

I had read something about an exchange having to "dump or hand out" loads of BTC, but wasn't sure if it was related to any of the altcoins?

Thanks.

Of course it is related. imagine that someone want to dump by converting large amount of bitcoins into altcoins.
and they sell the altcoins for USD or other fiat. this is causing bitcoin price down, and altcoin price is down too.
but i think this is only temporary.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

The dip cause by negative publicity like banning of crypto related ads on social media like facebook on google now rumor that twitter will also joined to ban crypto ads. But i hope that all will be settled and the market will be stable..
Papilio

Activity: 316

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

Indeed the market has fallen very much and many coins give a decent minus, but do not be upset criptospring, it will come closer to summer, then we will consider the pros.
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:35:05 PM

the market pumps too much in the past year and it need a deep correction, maybe this will take two or three years, but i believe there will be a new record after this dip
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:33:48 PM

Hey everyone! I don't know why I haven't come here to ask this sooner but does anyone know what has caused this huge dip in the market at the moment? I have investments in DeepOnion and THEKEY, and both have dropped nearly 35%.

I had read something about an exchange having to "dump or hand out" loads of BTC, but wasn't sure if it was related to any of the altcoins?

Thanks.

There can be several factors that make the crypto price falling. i think the current factor is the fud about ads regulations.
but what i don't understand is, why peoples feared about those banned ads rumor ? if the rumor was right, they don't need to be feared.
it just the ads got banned, they don't banned cryptocurrency.

masterfocus

Activity: 283
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:06:15 PM

Bitcoin is like the "dollar of the cryptocoins": if it goes down, so every other coin usually will, too.
cryptoballteam

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:17:43 PM

- SEC cracking down on crypto exchange and icos
- related to above, more regulations around the world
- recent exchange hack + 3rd party tool (coincheck, binance, nano)
- low volume (see article on fake vol by asian exchanges)
- mt gox selling their btc news (although i suspect this has little effect on the market but the negative sentiment contributes to downward spiral)

all these factors contribute to negative sentiment, way beyond what it is. People panic sell, esp. those new to the market that jumped in during dec gold rush. Whales likely manipulate price down to accumulate. Good time to check your investment thesis and do your homework on the fundamental to hold your bags.
cryptoknows

Activity: 277
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:24:39 PM

Thanks.
It is unfortunate that the market because of its volume is not as stable as possible, any negative news background, any bans that can cause such falls on the cryptocurrency world. Also, whales are speculating the market as they like.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:29:04 PM

Most of the altcoins are getting bloodbaths whenever the bitcoin started to move wildly regardless if its going up or down most of these shitcoins bleeds.That is how the market works because these alts are being paired with bitcoin when it comes to trading,bitcoin does dictate what will happen to the market and to these shitty alts.

asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:39:59 PM

Most of the altcoins are getting bloodbaths whenever the bitcoin started to move wildly regardless if its going up or down most of these shitcoins bleeds.That is how the market works because these alts are being paired with bitcoin when it comes to trading,bitcoin does dictate what will happen to the market and to these shitty alts.
Ethereum is not a coin that is usually called a scam so even the legit coins have received that dumpage. I would just stay out of the arena for now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:45:41 PM

Ethereum is not a coin that is usually called a scam so even the legit coins have received that dumpage. I would just stay out of the arena for now.

Current market situation is very hard for making correct decisions. I thought ETH will never dip to 450 USD. Now we got it. Currently have no idea what will be the lowest prices for crypto.
Now I will try to stay safe. Perhaps I will try to buy some good coins with strong potential.
Every day is a surprise for me :-) in current market.

Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

Social media platforms practicly banned crypto and Bitcoin and all of the alt coins took a huge dive and practicly crashed. Now it's trying to survive and is getting back up. Bitcoin keeps on surviving, media is still negative about it, social platforms shunned it, and now even Google took a piss on it. And yet Bitcoin is still surviving, it seems even 'Supreme' Google can't kill it. But wallstreet has been manipulating the hell out of Bitcoin while alt coins are taking the hits for it. It has becoem very risky to go into crypto nowadays, either you wait patiently for a crash before going in, as going on right now, or you risk in losing half your invested capital in just a few days.
Nexmesh Team

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:07:54 AM

Not the first dip in crypto and certainly won't be the last. The media will always find a reason "why" the market has dipped, but whatever the reason, we can be confident that it will keep coming back bigger and stronger than before. Hodl and enjoy the ride!
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Thanks.

Probably on the dot, you may be right. Coupled with a lot of FUDs and regulations imposed in many industrialized countries with big portions of assets affecting the market.
However, things like this are normal in the crypto world, and prices will recover soon. No need to panic guys.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:30:36 AM

Thanks.

Hi also have a huge amount of THEKEY, and I admit I am at loss,
but instead to panic, this is my opportunity to add more, thekey tokens, as i believe in its technology it will bring.
35% is the normal loss in cryptocurrency especially if the altcoin you're holding has a technology in the future, not just pure speculation.

sounds like you will be left behind bagholding some token.
randomduck (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:12:41 PM

There is a lot of reasons of this dip but don't worry we will always come up again, I'm still hodling

Yeah I really hope so, I've committed to holding now so can only hope for the best....
tosindesign

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

Big players are coming on board to the cryto world that's why the dip. They can't buy any coin when the price is high so they use every means and power to cause panic in other for the price to come as low as possible
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: