Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:06:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How wars can affect Bitcoin?  (Read 749 times)
winterblues

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:50:43 PM

A lot of the systems could just flat out fail, because they're not designed to handle an Internet partition. Say the US and China end up on opposite sides of a legit war, and someone cuts all the undersea cables. Blocks are not going to get exchanged between the two sides, and much of the mining power might be on one side.

People might stop mining because they need the electricity for something else.

A government at war might ban the whole space as an unacceptable risk, because of its potential to be used by foreign powers and spies.

Last mile or residential Internet and power access might be disrupted in a war, making transacting in cryptocurrencies impossible.

There are software systems that might work well in wartime (anything with light resource requirements, a fallback to sneakernet, and a lot of delay/asynchronicity tolerance), but blockchains are not one of them.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:51:17 PM

While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.

Small partial war will affect Bitcoin, making it valuable, as the government is destroyed and the FIAT is losing its consensus.
However, we don't expect a world war. If so, no one and no coins will survive.
StarLucas

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:52:21 PM

Depends on the Warcoin ICO. Could be moon.
steelzeppelin

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:53:53 PM

Well, if you ever studied history in class, you would know back in WWII, the USA had the largest gold reserve making them the wealthiest economy at that time. Gold is a commodity (duh), which no longer supports currencies ; hence the term Fiat Currency. During bad times (war), gold was the safest investement. But now that we have bitcoin, it is debated whether bitcoin is the new gold (as it is not back up by any government, or has no control at all).
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:55:01 PM

Well, you’d have refugees trying to flee the country and trying to bring their wealth with them, BTC would be perfect for doing this. This could cause slight increase in value for BTC in the short term.

But if North Korea attacked, then they would probably take out South Korea with them. South Korea is the third largest volume in trading now after in the China ban. Currently only 5% of the total volume is done by them. It sounds small now, but I could total see SK taking up 15-20% of the market share in the future, and if the SK market is gone this would slow down the growth of cryptos. This would be bad for the price in the long term.
SnowWhiteOwl

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:58:01 PM

Cryptos are high beta investments (likely the highest ever), so a war would undoubtedly crash the price.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
According to me bitcoin is a currency so whats it related to war....
kapustin

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:02:28 PM

Wars result in scarcity and I think bitcoin prices will be affected negatively in such a situation. I am talking about big wars only.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:31:16 PM

In my opinion, if World War III occurs, I think bitcoin will definitely crash. Miner will have a hard time mining since bombs flying everywhere, and also the price will eventually go down, big countries will not be able to invest and mine, because big countries are the first one who will be on war. There will be a huge loss in bitcoin if World War III occurs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:36:01 PM

Are you a meth head? If war happens, nobody will even care about bitcoins anymore except those oligarch that is ready to buy cheap. The real question is - what will happen to bitcoin price AFTER the war?

read the history of banking and you'll be definitely mind flipped.
VeronAncient

Activity: 378
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:51:31 PM

maybe bitcoin value will increase because bitcoin is a digital asset that does not depend on the financial system of any country. so the value of bitcoin will remain stable even will increase if world war 3 happened. because many people are going to secure their assets into digital currency
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

There could be both positive and negative options during a war .
First of all let's look at the positive ones :-
 * If there are 2 counties engaging in wars then they will then to use up their supply and money and their economical value will go down, the local currency can literally be dead , but Bitcoins is supported by the whole world thus it can really help people at that time as long as the two countries engaging in war are not so big supporter of Bitcoins it won't have an effect on that and could be a really great investment.

* Sometimes the government takes over and cuts the supply of money at that time Bitcoins can take over and be used by people , since it's essentially decentralized.

The negative impacts could be :+
* If the war is so destructible then people would loose everything their food supply their water supply and that could mean no internet , meaning no Bitcoins usage , they won't be able to encash even if something happens ..it will be useless.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

Small partial war will affect Bitcoin, making it valuable, as the government is destroyed and the FIAT is losing its consensus.
However, we don't expect a world war. If so, no one and no coins will survive.
True there is no coin can survive if there could be some war that may happen cause if its abd so we cant be able to take what currency we have for hope this will not happen.
Gigotto

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:09:31 PM

i  think that war can not bring down bitcoin, rather it will help bitcoin to grow higher. because  everyone will be look for a save place to save their finances that they have work all their lives . and again, no body will like their government to control it for them. and the place that government does not have power, is on bitcoin.
diickydbo

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

Well this is a good question, what happens to bitcoin when the world is in a state of war (like world war 3)? I think bitcoin will definitely decrease in value quite drastically because many people will exchange bitcoin with paper money to be used because the conditions are very urgent and dangerous.
febryza

Activity: 104

CryptoCurrency

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:26:18 PM

Of course bitcoin can make a war, i mean when someone do a transaction through bitcoin, it can't be cancelled by everything. Not like transfer money from bank account to another bank which has limit. If any country transfer any amounts of bitcoin as war cost, the bank can't cancelled the transaction. However the amount of bitcoin can't be cancelled. So the war can be easily happen through bitcoin.

[
domains4

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:27:10 PM

Wars will affect a big bad to bitcoin. If world war 3 happens then bitcoin price will come to its below and maybe bitcoin will end of its era. Because of its world war man! We all know what happens in a war!  Thought this question is like not related to crypto and I don't want to think about world war 3  Smiley
cryptoasis

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:31:48 PM

I think war will only increase the value of bitcoin.  People will seek safe place to store their money away from centralized government who can anytime take out peoples money from banks to fund the war.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:33:54 PM

I read a lot about the history of world wars from various literature, that the third world war is the last battle of the world's largest, and resulted in all the internet network dead.

no electricity, no vehicles, we will experience primitive battles such as using swords, arrows, and others.

and that is the end of human life.
the effect on bitcoin is death.
Yeah that might happen, we know that many countries are now starting to make weapons of mass destruction, that is nuclear and if World War 3 explodes, certainly billions of people will die and we will re-enter in stone age, no electricity, no internet, etc. because everything will definitely focus on war. I hope it will not happen, because it can kill bitcoin as well..
Zahrowil Qolbi

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

Maybe the bitcoin price will go up. In my opinion, they will buy bitcoin so that when war happens they can still use their bitcoin outside their country and citizens can support from outside war zone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: