Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How wars can affect Bitcoin?  (Read 744 times)
Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

For me, this will have a huge effect in bitcoin especially when technology is affected and also freedom. Well, we all know that bitcoin is ran through internet and technology, when war comes, the usage of technology will be lessen and also the freedom of people using it will be limited and in that way the demand for bitcoin will decrease and because of that, different branches of problems may occur.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

When there's trouble on the horizon, the price of valuable commodities such as gold increases sharply. Bitcoin being a commodity such as gold, it's price too will rise when there's an active war, whether in the Middle East or in Korea, the two likeliest flashpoints in the world at the moment.

The dump cycles, as older investors seek to reap the benefits of the heightened prices, might affect the price; but sure, there will be a sharp uptick in Bitcoin price in the event of a hot war, and the attendant global instability.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:44:35 PM

If a country is focusing on bitcoin and they hold a large amount of bitcoin, then I think that if they want to buy weapons from different countries. They might be using bitcoin and if the percentage of what they are holding is above 5%. It will hit us hard.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:49:17 PM

during war people prefer traditional assets like gold so it's not a good time for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. the best time for bitcoin is peace and growing economy.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
brightology

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

I think war is not a good one to happen, because is a something that causes damages and destruction, base on that, war can not affect bitcoin, but it rather affects the market price of bitcoin, because bitcoin is human resources, which no trading we take place and it affects the numbers of investors reduction.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:31:50 PM

As per my opinion war will not have any effect or if it will have some effect it will be of very low volume.  Because it is not controlled by any governments that  is why the disputes among different nations or governments will be having very low effect if the war happens.
There may be little inflationary effect and the value of bitcoin may increase.
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:07:53 AM

While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.

In my opinion, I think bitcoin would be the least priority of the most of governments and people. Bitcoin is the best when on a peaceful events and when the economy is increasing. If war would be happen (that I wish shouldn't be) people will not be bother to look at or check their bitcoin. They will not waste their time to read and post in any thread or news about it. Morelikely, electricity may be cut so we couldn't access the bitcoin.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:09:22 AM

The operation of bitcoin requires some basic order. The security of bitcoin is based on these basic rules. If any of these order is not established, for example, no stable network environment, no stable power supply, no mill no real security guarantees, then the value of the BTC is not established.
ZAYANDI

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:48:58 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is only there in a time full of peace. If there will be a war then expect a big dump by the community but still bitcoin will remain as internet. Warhead will certainly affect Bitcoin if the transatlantic communications cable or the like is targeted for violations. That means that no internet communication can happen and will result in Bitcoin being worthless, at least for that time.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:55:35 PM

While commenting on one of threads over here. A really interesting thought popped into my mind. What will happen when there will be coming a huge war?
Even a World War III? Will Bitcoin pump or dump? What role will Bitcoin play? We all know the economy and the currencies are very vulnerable in wars.
I would like to hear some interesting thoughts, even maybe some full detailed articles? Anything would be very welcomed.
Wars could affect bitcoin in one way or another, in a sense it may positively affect bitcoin because it may become the most prevalent currency during the war. But on the other side it may also affect it negatively since wars negatively affects technological progress.
Theroupppp

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

I think wars affect possitibe to cryptos. Why? Because you cant destroy it, and € or $ are other think
koldir

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:53:57 PM

Make peace not war. BTC can be used in war but why think of war when we should always think of peace and prosperity.
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

This is a difficult question. Of course,  fiat money is devalued during wars. But this does not mean that bitcoin will grow and there will be sufficient demand for it at this time.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:45:52 PM

Bitcoins would be the least of your concern if World War III breaks out. Cryptocurrency is dependent on the internet, telecom infrastructures will be targeted, even satellites. There is a thread somewhere in this forum...No internet, no bitcoins.
If no internet how we transact in bitcoin it's  a big problem for us. If there's war it may cause to cut the of internet and other lines of communications. And lot's of investors getting panicking if it happen and may cause to affect the value of bitcoin. I wish it won't happen cause lot's of country can destroy of that wars.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:55:18 PM

I think bitcoin could possibly find its greatest use during this time because many people will try to secure their finances as they'll be moving from one country to another. There may be wars, but bitcoin will be the main currency everyone wants to use as it is universal.

letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

A war will unquestionably influence Bitcoin if the transoceanic interchanges link or comparative is focused for a break. That implies that no web correspondence can happen and will bring about useless Bitcoin, in any event for that time. The war could even incorporate EMPs, which implies that all information gets deleted thus does the blockchain, accepting that it is conveyed in a major range. In any case, the same can be said in regards to banks, as I don't surmise that despite everything they have physical composed duplicates of their database. The main thing that will really have an incentive amid a war is gold and different valuable metals.
Jin xiou

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:11:37 PM

I think that bitcoin price depends on such massive events. If there is war, then the price will change, like always wars affect dollar. it becomes volatile and the price increases. I think it will be the same with btc
mirror001

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:30:47 PM

In the first that will be off that would be power and with the power down of any thing or anyone in the country will affect that economy and the currency of that country. If the attcacking country wins then the currency of the lost country will be lost forever and it will take time even to bake up and to reach it first place. But if the attacking country loses then the currency of the defending country will pump and then all of the currencies that will be Going at that time will automatically go up and the economy will be more stronger than before.

These are two situation i think will happen if the war breaks out in any country in the world.  Cool
queenlaurel

Activity: 182

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:43:31 PM

Bitcoin will be wiped out if war happens. Bitcoin need person to person, internet, electricity and a living economy to perform, but when war happens all these I have stated will be wiped off and it depends on the impact of the war. If it's something we all can quickly build the world back then it's effect will only be minor. Let's not hope for war because its going to affevt so mamy things including daily living.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
ayeba

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:38:29 PM

I figure war would create uncertainty and instability in the fiat and centralized currency markets. This in term might lead people to alternative stores of value like gold and hopefully cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: