Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The NEXT generation of Physical Bitcoins...  (Read 19042 times)
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:58:00 PM

Nice design.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 06:01:29 PM

UPDATE:  I think I forgot to mention on the forum that "private key included" coins are now available on the website.  There's a dropdown on the product page to select which version you want.  

http://www.titanbtc.com/product/titan-one/

thanks for the option.

i don't think it will be as great a problem as you think.  for sales.

You're right.  The private key offering isn't really a "sales" ploy.  I rolled it out mainly because this forum asked for it.  It's a pretty trivial addition to our manufacturing process to do it, so I don't mind.  Outside of the bitcoin community, people seem to prefer the 2-factor authentication version.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:15:04 PM

BCB, would you mind posting a pic of the back of the coin?  thanks.

Here you go. There was a QR code I removed that linked to the titian site for activation as well as more digits to the coin id code (not short bits).

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

cypherdoc

These are nice too  Smiley

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

BCB, would you mind posting a pic of the back of the coin?  thanks.

Here you go. There was a QR code I removed that linked to the titian site for activation as well as more digits to the coin id code (not short bits).

that's a beautiful coin.  why did you remove the QR code?  did you get one with a privkey underneath or did you go with website activation?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

cypherdoc

yep, cybrbeasts!
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:19:40 AM

cypherdoc

I'm curious; and not going off topic too much, would you be able to explain what each of the coins pictured are and if they use any authentication?
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 09:22:32 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 02:07:14 PM by No_2

Tim,

Are the QR codes printed on the outside of the coin hologram? (As opposed to being under the tamper-proof hologram).

I have not registered my coins yet but from what I understand the QR code is required to transfer registration?  So it would be best to keep this secret?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:12:35 PM

Tim,

Are the QR codes printed on the outside of the coin hologram? (As opposed to being under the tamper-proof hologram).

I have not registered my coins yet but from what I understand the QR code is required to transfer registration?  So it would be best to keep this secret?

The QR code is the titian coin internal identifier so (evidently) only they know what coin (and priv/pub key) that qrcode and code underneath links to.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:57:11 PM

cypherdoc

I'm curious; and not going off topic too much, would you be able to explain what each of the coins pictured are and if they use any authentication?

they're merely tokens and have no BTC loaded.
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 07:26:50 PM

Tim,

We limit the exposure of the QR codes ourselves but mainly for the sake of customers.  The QR code is thermally printed into one of the hologram layers.  You DO need to know the coin ID in order to register it or transfer registration, but the QR code will take you to the same page as you will see by entering in the coin ID on the verify page on our website.  The combination of coin ID + registration email + password is required to transfer coin registration, so as long as one of those 3 is secure, you shouldn't have to worry.

If you're reselling the coin, we recommend you DO show the buyer either the QR code or the Coin ID so that they can see that the coin is currently funded and authentic.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 07:47:42 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 02:37:10 PM by TitanBTC

Tim,

The QR code is the titian coin internal identifier so (evidently) only they know what coin (and priv/pub key) that qrcode and code underneath links to.

That's pretty much right on.

The address associated with the outputs of each coin funding transaction is shown on the Coin ID page.  If you look at it in the blockchain, you'll see the transaction and when the coin was funded.  Currently, we don't include the public key on the Coin ID page, but I would consider doing so if the community think that has value.

You're right that the QR-codes and redemption codes are linked internally to our wallet system.  The private keys are encrypted and kept in cold storage until a user redeems a coin.  We just look up the address (the same one you see on the Coin ID page) and execute a raw transaction to send a coin from that address.  The raw transactions are signed (using the private key recovered from cold storage) in an offline system and then brought back online to broadcast.  

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:09:18 PM

UPDATE:  I think I forgot to mention on the forum that "private key included" coins are now available on the website.  There's a dropdown on the product page to select which version you want.  

Great news. I like the idea of removing a company from cashing my BTC out. I do like the security that adds, but the fully "decentralized" approach is a nice option.

Appreciated - You listened to customers,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:22:03 AM

Love them.  Will deffo buy some for my next meet up.
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:52:08 PM

Great news. I like the idea of removing a company from cashing my BTC out. I do like the security that adds, but the fully "decentralized" approach is a nice option.

Appreciated - You listened to customers,
IAS

Thank you for saying thank you.  I think the ultimate form of physical BTC will be one that the network can track ownership of.  We're working on it, but in the meantime, you guys should get what you want.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:57:04 PM

Love them.  Will deffo buy some for my next meet up.

Awesome.  I've had some great feedback from people just learning about bitcoin.  It's a great tool to bring new users to the community.  I definitely think that physical bitcoins are a gateway to full-blown mainstream adoption.

If you'll do some photo documentation of the meetup, I'll cut you you a discount.  Email me at tim@titanbtc.com to make it happen.

doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:28:35 AM

Cheers, will do.
daviducsb

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:31:50 PM

Guys and gals, let me know if there is a physical bitcoin out there that will fit inside the compartment for the handmade silver bitcoin bracelet I created for the San Jose conference last Spring.

Here is the bracelet. Only ten were made and I have never made jewelry before so the cost was no joke but they are pretty unique.The coin would have to be 0.75 inches by 0.75 inches or smaller to fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321237369738&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Seriously though , if there are any coins that would fit in the compartment it could make for some fun, and potential co-branding if I ever get around to making more of these!

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 11:31:57 PM

If you want to manage production costs, there are some very good jewelry factories I work with.
One in Burbank that does my electroplating is really good.

They can produce at high quality and at low price.
Next time we chat, remind me.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:49:52 AM

just got mine.

what a brilliant design.   very happy.

can't wait for the gold and silver versions of this same design.

congratulations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: