Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The NEXT generation of Physical Bitcoins...  (Read 19042 times)
TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 05:37:31 PM

Hey all, just wanted to share some photos of what to expect when you get your coins.

Everything was nicely packed, the coins were in their clear plastic airtight cases, each in their own small black drawstring bag, then rolled up in a bubble mailer. Also included is an envelope containing your certificates of authenticity.

All this was put securely in a small flat-rate USPS box.

Here are the photos:

http://postimg.org/gallery/2j9gm1d0/ebbdefb6/

Thanks for the pics!  Glad everything arrived safely.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 05:41:32 PM

I love these. But does one know that the physical coin reflects a real digital value?.... wauw its the otherway around now!

The easiest way to verify the value is to either scan the back of the coin with a smart phone (a bar code app is required), or visit titanbtc.com/verify and type in the 8-digit coin ID number.  You can click on the bitcoin address shown on that page to verify that the coin is funded and get details on the funding transaction. 

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

My coin arrived and it looks great Titan.

Just a question, or rather suggestion.
The coins ship with the delivery confirmation number. My envelope was sitting in my mailbox (which is ok, pretty safe - locked).
But, if someone did get their hands on the coin, they have the confirmation number and my name, so they could easily get it loaded.

So considering the potentially huge future prices of BTC, might it not be better to use a simple form of 2FA? For example, the email used to order the coin gets a verification email sent and from there the paper delivery confirmation number is typed and sent back. No email on the paper in other words (or a different email to catch the thief should they try. They alert you.   Grin)

Thanks for bringing some coins to market (with the private keys) that are available direct and not just from resellers.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:50:44 AM

The coins ship with the delivery confirmation number. My envelope was sitting in my mailbox (which is ok, pretty safe - locked).
But, if someone did get their hands on the coin, they have the confirmation number and my name, so they could easily get it loaded.

So considering the potentially huge future prices of BTC, might it not be better to use a simple form of 2FA? For example, the email used to order the coin gets a verification email sent and from there the paper delivery confirmation number is typed and sent back. No email on the paper in other words (or a different email to catch the thief should they try. They alert you.   Grin)

Thanks for bringing some coins to market (with the private keys) that are available direct and not just from resellers.

IAS

Wouldnt they need access to your email account to actually send the confirmation number from? Thats how I do it. Not sure if TitanBTC requires that although.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:13:07 AM

IAS

Wouldnt they need access to your email account to actually send the confirmation number from? Thats how I do it. Not sure if TitanBTC requires that although.

The letter included an email for contacting Titan to fund your coins. Now, of course Titan could check that email with the one you used to purchase your coins but I don't know that they do, for people often order things with one email and have other emails for different uses. The best thing imo would be a simple form of 2FA as mentioned above. I'd like to see what TitanBTC says about this for clearly that company listens to customers (e.g. adding the private key coin). I trust in what they do and my suggestion is just that, with a bit of question thrown in.  Wink

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:10:53 PM

IAS

The letter included an email for contacting Titan to fund your coins. Now, of course Titan could check that email with the one you used to purchase your coins but I don't know that they do, for people often order things with one email and have other emails for different uses. The best thing imo would be a simple form of 2FA as mentioned above. I'd like to see what TitanBTC says about this for clearly that company listens to customers (e.g. adding the private key coin). I trust in what they do and my suggestion is just that, with a bit of question thrown in.  Wink

Thanks for the suggestion. 

We do actually match up the email addresses to verify that that the delivery confirmation number is coming from a known address associated with the customer. 

Even though we apparently don't make it very clear, there has only been one instance in which a delivery code came back from a different address and we had to ask the customer to reply from their previous address.   A delivery confirmation interface is a great idea and we've been working on implementing something similar, just to better automate the process.  In the meantime, I'll definitely have that packing slip revised to make it clearer that we're asking customers to reply to our "Your order has shipped" email when they confirm receipt.

silvergoldandbitcoin

Activity: 424

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:36:53 AM

Hey Titan, it appears your website is down. Maybe I just caught you at a bad time (Updating something?).

Anyways, I was just wondering if you had an update for us.

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:12:12 PM

Hey Titan, it appears your website is down. Maybe I just caught you at a bad time (Updating something?).

Anyways, I was just wondering if you had an update for us.

Sorry about the downtime.  We're working on it.

We've got coins back in stock, but we are still working to resolve the payment processing on the website.  If you'd like to pay with BTC, shoot me a PM and I'll put the order through for you manually.

CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:51:31 PM

when will be new available?
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Make a Silver coin with a Private key on one side.
The coin is worth the Silver, plus whatever BTC, is attached to the Private  key.
Make it something small like. 0.00001 BTC.
One day it may exceed the price of the silver coin.
currently its value would be the Silver but as the Value of BTC increases.

Stevenrm87

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:08:55 PM

Hi TitanBTC,

Is there a way you can take dual payment methods for example. I send you 1 BTC to fund the coin and pay X $ (via Paypal) to cover your cost and profits and all that. I figured It would be easier with a volatile market if you just sold some at a fixed rate with the option for a customer to fund a coin with their own BTC.

By the way I would like a few Silver Coins as well and def a 10BTC coin (IF) I could fund it with my private stash of BTC and pay the rest in USD.

Steven

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Stevenrm87

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

Got my Silver Edition Titan Bitcoin yesterday! Nice

Stevenrm87

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:28:42 AM

And heres another pic next to the original Goldine ones.

MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:58:56 AM

Hope your not in the US if you are you should be recieving your Fincen cease and desist letter shortly.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

Hope your not in the US if you are you should be recieving your Fincen cease and desist letter shortly.

Think you could have said that better, Merry Christmas to you, expect your bank to shut down your account for trading crypto  Wink
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:00:12 AM

We won't be receiving any letters from FinCEN because we're already registered with them. 

Thank you for your concern though.  It's a complex area because the laws are likely to change shortly in order to adapt to the growing bitcoin economy.

We'll be complying with whatever is required for us to sell to customers in the U.S. and abroad.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:07:47 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 10:19:06 AM by AnonyMint

1. Physical bitcoins should be durable to be change hands daily as a currency and a hologram isn't.

2. Physical bitcoins should not rely on a database that can be destroyed.

I devise my solution starting with an observation.

There is no need for the private key to be recoverable, only verifiable! If I need a Bitcoin private key, I can exchange the physical coin for another addresses where I know the private key.

Now can we devise something from that observation?

For example, could we place a signing circuit embedded in the coin that can be accessed electromagnetically?

Then we need a change to the blockchain to enable addresses to be declared unspendable.

I also hope we can make Bitcoins from sterling silver possibly Argentium. It is silly to make copper-nickel coins at the 1 BTC price. Copper-nickel should be for small change. Also copper-nickel is highly volatile in price especially if we go to war.

Hey who says we can't have anonymity like we do now with cash? Porc?

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 11:22:38 AM

For example, could we place a signing circuit embedded in the coin that can be accessed electromagnetically?
Some other process rather than minting would be indicated for that.  A few hundred tons of instantaneous pressure plasticizes and anneals the metal pressing it into hardened shape but does bad things to electronics.

Some post minting process might work.  We struggled with this for quite a while before settling on the QR code for valuation rather than embedding crypto and serializing the pieces.  Any ideas?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:47:01 AM

How about a coin with an integrated NFC chip? So you can check the balance with a phone, or NFC device, and send money from it as well.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

How about a coin with an integrated NFC chip? So you can check the balance with a phone, or NFC device, and send money from it as well.

We'd considered and dismissed that as well.
If one of the goals of using a coin is to have it be transferable with simplicity, is this goal is sacrificed with such a scenario?  (Presumably it would have to be protected from folks sitting next to you on a bus so some second device would be needed to control it, which would require changing that control device to execute a transfer)

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: