Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello. I am new here but invested in BTC since 2010  (Read 290 times)
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:52:06 PM

Wow, you invested in bitcoin so early, you should be a very old player.
However, most of the current airdrops are just a scam, they are worthless, so don't waste your time.

Yes, im old , almost 35 now. I had an option, whether to go crypto route in 2010 or whether to invest in stocks. I choose stocks because i started investing in indian markets after the huge collapse in indian stock market in 2008, and by 2009 i was almost 100% up.

What peaked my interest in Airdrops is ONT. and eBTC.

maybe there are a few in the market right now

That will never be happened for twice. The majority of us known airdrop just a useless token. I told you about Ebtc gets a lot of value due to the overrated and overhyped.

The market has changed. There are so many people are complaints or making a thread about airdrop is useless right now.

That's the only way for the scammer to search another victim.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:52:47 PM

Can you suggest me some good AIRDROP coins??? because i dont want to trade cryptos, and i am strapped for cash. but i dont want to make the same mistake of ignoring other cryptos other than BTC
As said, generally, you can't have much from an airdrop. Most airdrops only give you less than 3$ (at least in my case). I suggest you try investing and trading with altcoins especially now that you have gained enough experience from trading stocks. Crypto and stocks are not that far from each other ao I can say, you can have a better future in trading than just waiting for airdrops.

I also tried trading. Made around 200 freee ripples and 100 free ZRX. but ultimately lost 180 ripples in a bad trade. So the tension and stress is too much to handle.

i rather take the airdrop route and wait another 5 years.
EMOTIONS, that's a major thing we have to overcome when entering to trading. Okay, I guess you have decided it well and I won't force you  about it.
If you can wait for another 5 years, then that's good. Let's all hope that what we get now for free, will become fortunes in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
pmodgill (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:03:47 PM

Can you suggest me some good AIRDROP coins??? because i dont want to trade cryptos, and i am strapped for cash. but i dont want to make the same mistake of ignoring other cryptos other than BTC
As said, generally, you can't have much from an airdrop. Most airdrops only give you less than 3$ (at least in my case). I suggest you try investing and trading with altcoins especially now that you have gained enough experience from trading stocks. Crypto and stocks are not that far from each other ao I can say, you can have a better future in trading than just waiting for airdrops.

I also tried trading. Made around 200 freee ripples and 100 free ZRX. but ultimately lost 180 ripples in a bad trade. So the tension and stress is too much to handle.

EMOTIONS, that's a major thing we have to overcome when entering to trading. Okay, I guess you have decided it well and I won't force you  about it.
If you can wait for another 5 years, then that's good. Let's all hope that what we get now for free, will become fortunes in the future.

Can bounties be the way forward instead of airdrop???  Also what are you promoting eoz? Giving some bounty too?
cp3mc

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:37:08 PM

Guy, we are in the new ear of financial world and each and every day a lot of things happen to improve in our lives. Anyway the simple advise I will give out is read and learn. Bitcointalk has it all so welcome back and stay focus.
xianbits

Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:17:08 AM

Can bounties be the way forward instead of airdrop???  Also what are you promoting eoz? Giving some bounty too?
Yes. Joining bounties is way better than airdrop alone. But it takes some efforts, too. You need to be in a good rank without a negative trust in the forum to participate in bounties.
And yes, I am promoting EOZ through my signature. This campaign is almost to over in a week.
Moreover, it's a good for us if we'll just think joining bounties is just a bonus to how much knowledge and learning this forum has to offer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:48:17 AM

Hi Guys.

I am from India and long back i had invested in BTC. however, i lost my BTC long back.

Anyway, i do not regret it because since this year, after earning huge amounts in Stocks for the past 8 year, i again jumped into cryptos.

I bought ZRX at 55 cents and BTC at 8K.

But recently i realised that the Markets have changed tremendously from 8 years back. Now we have airdrops and i have signed up for 10 at least with by ETH address. but mostly i think, they would be kind of useless and worthless.

All of them simply ask for your ETH address and want you to join their channel on telegram. I mean, it doesnt make any sense.

Why would people buy when a lot of people are getting them for free.

Anyway, i am sure most of them are shit but some might be great and have potential.

Can you please help me out, because im getting back into the game after a VERY VERY VERY long time.

regards

no, you are wrong. airdrop rewards is not very significant. you cannot invest just by receiving airdrops.
you must buy it, to gain max profit in investment.
beside the airdrop very useful to attract more investor to buy and invest their ICO.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:18:44 AM

Hi Guys.

I am from India and long back i had invested in BTC. however, i lost my BTC long back.

Anyway, i do not regret it because since this year, after earning huge amounts in Stocks for the past 8 year, i again jumped into cryptos.

But recently i realised that the Markets have changed tremendously from 8 years back. Now we have airdrops and i have signed up for 10 at least with by ETH address. but mostly i think, they would be kind of useless and worthless.

All of them simply ask for your ETH address and want you to join their channel on telegram. I mean, it doesnt make any sense.

Anyway, i am sure most of them are shit but some might be great and have potential.

Can you please help me out, because im getting back into the game after a VERY VERY VERY long time.

regards
Actually airdrop is not free, airdrop participants have to do some tasks whuch purposed for advertising the project. Actually airdrop participants are work to get token. Easy tasks to do to earn small amount of token or coin. Airdrop is also good to build community because the point of cryptocurrency project is to build community which use the coin.

MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:23:58 AM

I would like to advise that bitcoin is the good investment strategy because for now Bitcoin is the best way to invest your money and you will feel good if you check the bitcoin history and the news regarding bitcoin that bitcoin is the coming era currency and it is predicted that the major transactions will be made through this currency so it is good currency.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:40:16 AM

Hi Guys.

regards
Welcome back to cryptocurrency pmodgill, You have made the right choice going back here. I was also investing and trading stockmarket before then realize that it's more profitable here in cryptocurrency market. So I jumped from stocks to crypto.

For you to get back in track. It would be better to read Beginners & Help section.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
griezmann

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:58:12 AM

Hi Guys.

regards

Wow, it's quite amazing if you already invested since 2010, then you must be quite happy right now,
i also get an offer to invest in 2012, but i don't think that bitcoin will become huge like this, i don't join airdrops because i also think like, it doesn't make any sense for me.
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:25:29 AM

Wow, you invested in bitcoin so early, you should be a very old player.
However, most of the current airdrops are just a scam, they are worthless, so don't waste your time.

If the guy still has Bitcoins he managed to get so long time ago, he can have a pretty good sum. What to do with it? this is the question. Some Indians really need fiat money, so probably it will be better for a man to sell his crypto. Just a point of view.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:30:21 AM

How many Bitcoins have you lost?
Is it lost because you forgot the private keys? If you remember or where you put it in, you can go back and sell it. I'm sure that million dollar price of that now.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:43:00 AM

Hi Guys.

regards
Well I am from India too and I would surely like to help you. Its good that you investing in BTC when it was 8k$. I am not sure about ZRX being a good investment. The market currently is experiencing a bearish trend, so don’t sell any of your coins as of now until the market recovers and sees a bullish trend. Also not airdrops are useless, there are surely some interesting one’s with high potential that can give high returns if you hold for a bit long. Also I would like to recommend you some coins that would give high returns at the end of 2018.
1.   XRP (ripple)
2.   NEO
3.   XMR(monero)
4.   TRX(tron)
5.   ADA(cardano)
6.   IOTA(miota)
7.   ETH(ethereum)
8.   BTC(bitcoin)
criss ronaldo

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

If you have invested in 2010 and keep up to now, it is a fortune already, but few people do that, when the price of BTC fluctuations a lot in the past few years,
elda34b

Merit: 351

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:52:37 AM

How many Bitcoins have you lost?
Is it lost because you forgot the private keys? If you remember or where you put it in, you can go back and sell it. I'm sure that million dollar price of that now.

Dude, if you did read just a few posts back, you'll never ask about this.

-snip-

I was in England at that time, and someone had sent me 5 BTC. A friend whom i met on IRC. i didn't think of it much then. Then again in 2012 or 2013, when i realised they gained so much in value, i tried finding the page when i had written it down. And i made an account on MTGOx. as soon as i made an account to get into BTC, mtgox crashed, which again scared me into thinking that all this is a sham and i stayed away.

Then after stocks crashed a little in january this year, i moved out 1000 dollars into crypto, after 6th feb crash. and bought a few.

You are already a Full Member, please give a proper example for newbies like me.

BTW, from your story, it looks like you convert a lot of money. Did you have any fiat left?
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:14:38 AM

Hi Guys.

regards

it's best if you still have a very strong stand on the coin you invested in saving for more than five years from now until the heyday of cryptocurrency is created because today the glory of cryptocurrency is still not created.
drogas

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Hi Guys.

regards
Actually airdrop is not free, airdrop participants have to do some tasks whuch purposed for advertising the project. Actually airdrop participants are work to get token. Easy tasks to do to earn small amount of token or coin. Airdrop is also good to build community because the point of cryptocurrency project is to build community which use the coin.

Yeah and the amount you get from airdrops isn't even that significant usually, makes you wonder if it's usually worth it.

The good airdrops are ones that don't require a lot of work, which is unusual.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:18:39 AM

I think the amount of free coins for airdrops are only a portion of what it's supply is, probably like around 2% are given for free for advertisement purposes like campaigns. It is to spread out the word to the community so investors would be able to read them and hopefully invest in these new airdrops or projects. New tactics are always thought out to bring investors' attention, that's marketing strategy. But I'd rather invest in ICO's though than airdrops because I really don't trust airdrops that much.
I agree that airdrops don’t give much return and can be useless most of the times, but its free money people, who cares unless you are not investing something into it, right? Its free and money and one must take what he can get.

Whereas on the other side ICO’s can be risky and can be compared to gambling as you can do research about project and everything, but you can never predict what will the value be of that token or coin in the future. It might be more than what you bought for or less than what you bought for. ICO’s can also be scams where people can lose huge amount of money whereas airdrops are just free money.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

If you are a new member in this forum then you are welcome here but you already invested in bitcoin since 2010 then congrats you are already rich because the price of bitcoin today is multiple times higher than the btc price in 2010.
It seems like you didn’t real the whole post what he said and just posted without even knowing what he actually said. Why even join forum when you don’t wanna read post and just reply without knowing what its about? He has clearly mentioned that he had invested in 2010 in bitcoin, but lost them early. That means he isn’t rich cause of bitcoin and doesn’t hold any amount of bitcoin from back then.

He is a new member, but surely has more knowledge and experience than you am sure. Try to help people in these forum rather than just commenting something usual and useless in order to increase post counts.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:40:47 AM

Oh! 2010??
You must have held your bitcoins. Anyway each and every coins won't do airdrop for users. Also 8/10 airdrops are just bull shit. So people have to invest in other altcoins.

I was in England at that time, and someone had sent me 5 BTC. A friend whom i met on IRC. i didn't think of it much then. Then again in 2012 or 2013, when i realised they gained so much in value, i tried finding the page when i had written it down. And i made an account on MTGOx. as soon as i made an account to get into BTC, mtgox crashed, which again scared me into thinking that all this is a sham and i stayed away.

Then after stocks crashed a little in january this year, i moved out 1000 dollars into crypto, after 6th feb crash. and bought a few.

Airdrop wont give you significant profit and earning unless you hold some potential one’s atleast for a period of 2 years or more. I would rather suggest you to invest in some potential altcoins that has hard working team behind them, huge partnership, great technology and I popular amongst people and investors. Some of such altcoins are XRP, NEO, TRX, ADA, ETH and IOTA. You can buy these coins now when the market is in bearish trend and correction phase and make some good profit by selling at the end of this year. Always do your own research and analysis before investing in anthing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: