Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did people get involved in bitconnect?  (Read 2590 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:04:20 PM

The coin were constantly rising up like it weren't dumped by investors. Also there were local ambassadors I guess who help the promotion of the coin and that these ambassadors are making conferences to local people convincing people to invest without any idea about what could happen. I see them on facebook pages bragging and making selfies of them earning weekly from bitconnect.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:17:27 PM

It was just another scam like any other, the product may differ but it all has the same purpose, to fool you. Their main public were people who probably didn't knew much or nothing at all about cryptocurrency.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:19:00 PM

Bitconnect looked like a pyramid scheme from early on, and it had a ton of warning signs. If you missed the fact even a ton of people on youtube told everyone that bit connect was a scam, so you didn't even need to notice it yourself.

I want to know why people got involved while knowing that it was a HORRIBLE scam from early on?

all cryptocurrencies are pyramid schemes decentral cryptocurrencies dont exist, its only called decentral because its not controll by the central bank it still has a new center though

azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:22:31 PM

Many people are tempted by the big profits that bitconnect and similar programs offer even though they know there is a big risk of the benefits offered. People who suffered losses from bitconnect and other similar projects, they didn't need to regret and should take the lesson that wealth can't be obtained easily.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:02:16 PM

Bitconnect looked like a pyramid scheme from early on, and it had a ton of warning signs. If you missed the fact even a ton of people on youtube told everyone that bit connect was a scam, so you didn't even need to notice it yourself.

I want to know why people got involved while knowing that it was a HORRIBLE scam from early on?
It is evident, people are willing to risk their money even if they know it is a scam, they just want to make the profit they can and get out, but unfortunately some people got stuck and lost a lot of money, i had my reservations for investing in some of the coins and bitconnect was one of them, hopefully people will understand the difference between a good project and a scam atleast now.
vipaleks

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:24:21 PM

With the goal of earning money quickly on a hipe
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

all cryptocurrencies are pyramid schemes decentral cryptocurrencies dont exist, its only called decentral because its not controll by the central bank it still has a new center though

LOL?

Crypto...currency
a currency using cryptographic protocols, how it can be a Ponzi? It's like saying bank notes are a pyramid scheme because it uses paper...
nerlial

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

Because it's interesting. You risk something and you can make a profit. I like to take risks. Bitcoin can keep your nerves in suspense this is so much fun.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

As much as the signs were everywhere on the internet, people still stocked to it because it was yielding results; spanning 6months for them already. I had a close friend who had all his investment deposited in it and was cashing out at will. I believe he was just so so sure because of the fact that bitconnect was being traded genuinely.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:39:43 PM

People are blinded by greed. Getting involved in Bitconnect allowed them to dream to become rich quickly. The dream was a stronger attractor than a reality check. In such conditions, people would become deaf and blind if that's necessary to protect their dreams and illusions.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:47:36 PM

I think deception in marketing is one of the contributing factors why people invest here, they were promised a huge dividend just by lending them their Bitconnectcoin, some of the early investors are posting earning and payout stats, that is why many investors are lured to this scheme.

Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:02:09 PM

People were involved because they wanted easy money. Many thought that they pyramid is not over and they will have time to grab a piece. If there is an opportunity to earn easily any Scam does not seem so dangerous.
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:20:12 PM

This is simple because getting rich is the dream of most people who invest in the crypto market and these scam projects have the power to trick investors with easy profits
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:23:46 PM

Because  there wil be always people that need cheap or free money without doing their  own research.
Just imagine what gains have made the team of Bitconnect if they would continue their game.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
taraku78

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:36:58 PM

Because they're thinking about easy money and didn't think about the business itself as Ponzi scheme.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:52:41 PM

simply reason why people get envolved in bitconnect even have many accusation that bitconnect are scams but people try to invest and join in bitconnect because they want earn fast people joining in bitconnect is gamble  big big big possible to lose their investment.

Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:59:42 PM

I feel people got involved to make a quick gain out of it, thereby luring more and more people into it. Was skeptical though as I saw how much people were into it with aggressive marketing.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
hhk1045

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

Because some people want to become rich without working and taking a risk. However, these ponzi schemes are much riskier and always take greed people's money.
jemine

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:08:11 PM

Alot of people doesn't look at the potentials of a coin as long as its increasing they are OK and will jump all in. There are other projects that are still in exchange rite now and are worse than bitconnect people are still buying cos it gives them huge profit.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:34:45 PM

People got involved with bitconnect because of the juicy returns promised by the scheme and truly they kept to this promise to raise people's hope and lure them into the scheme. So many similar lending platforms still duped so many people even after the exit of bit connect. It is a trend that may not change till we have a perfect system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: