Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase is hiring remote customer support!  (Read 2289 times)
Olaf (Coinbase) (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 11:35:44 PM

Olaf from Coinbase here. We're looking to hire a remote customer support team! If you think you've got what it takes, take the test here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14wvLFoO24wrMQlRLugEC2KRjE93tDroLVCrqJfttHA4/viewform

Also, upload a resume here:
http://form.jotform.us/form/32870379099165

The top 5% of scores will get an interview. Best of luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 01:56:13 AM

Olaf from Coinbase here. We're looking to hire a remote customer support team! If you think you've got what it takes, take the test here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14wvLFoO24wrMQlRLugEC2KRjE93tDroLVCrqJfttHA4/viewform

Also, upload a resume here:
http://form.jotform.us/form/32870379099165

The top 5% of scores will get an interview. Best of luck!

Mind telling a bit more about what this is about? I would love to work in Bitcoin for a living and I would most likely solve your funny riddle within an hour for the fun of it but I find it rude to not say anything about what this is about or show a link from coinbase itself to it that would proof that you actually are from coinbase. What do you need? I mean do you need language skills? Do you need global distribution? Why ask the time in a certain time zone as a hard discriminator? You believe that you get an indicator of how fast people are via this? People that know all the answers to your questions are certainly capable of training and submitting the test from a different ip/machine, so you will not get a timing neither.
Also to generate a 1BASE-vanity address you might have bad luck and it takes an hour alone to install vanitygen and generate that address. I wouldn't like to jump through hoops and loops just to be sorted out because I was too fast aka solving your time lookup last is considered wrong.
… and what has sorting letters to do with customer support??

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:18:23 AM

Ok, I did your little test and I would actually be available starting November but still, please add some info here.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Olaf (Coinbase) (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 03:12:54 AM

Giszmo, great questions.

We did a blog post on this as well:
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/64143333723/building-a-world-class-remote-customer-support-team

Writing skills would be important, but mental acuity is more valuable to us. You can be located anywhere in the world. Also, timing is not as important as correctness on the test. Hope that explains a bit and thanks for applying!
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 03:42:49 AM

Giszmo, great questions.

We did a blog post on this as well:
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/64143333723/building-a-world-class-remote-customer-support-team

Writing skills would be important, but mental acuity is more valuable to us. You can be located anywhere in the world. Also, timing is not as important as correctness on the test. Hope that explains a bit and thanks for applying!

Thanks for that link. Would definitely had me more motivated. The sequence and the symbols questions annoyed me and another one got me put an answer before realizing that my research was worse than outdated Sad

ɃɃ
DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:08:58 PM

Can you post any details about what we can expect as a salary and benefits?

I would love to work in the Crypto world. However I would need to have similar advantages to my current place of employment to seriously consider a move.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:45:36 AM

So has anyone here been hired at coinbase? If so, how is it? I'm interested in applying and would like to hear any feedback from an employee.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:01:26 AM

So has anyone here been hired at coinbase? If so, how is it? I'm interested in applying and would like to hear any feedback from an employee.

danieldaniel supposedly.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: