Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi identified, but its not HD Moore!  (Read 16641 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:58:49 AM

The only reason to identify Satoshi is to use his humanity to discredit Bitcoin.

It will be like claiming that the Pthagorean theorum is not sound because Pthagoreus slept with whores.

Pythagoras slept with whores? That's why the walls of my house keep falling in!

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:19:50 AM

The only reason to identify Satoshi is to use his humanity to discredit Bitcoin.

It will be like claiming that the Pthagorean theorum is not sound because Pthagoreus slept with whores.

Pythagoras slept with whores? That's why the walls of my house keep falling in!

Yes, I avoid using any angles because of that.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
manfred (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:40:47 PM

HD does not use an alias as far as I'm aware.  I do know him though, we both live in Austin and have worked together in the past (:
Thats a good one, a hacker who does not have an alias. You are doing a great job to discredit bitcoin, keep it up.

You seem to know an awful lot about me and my Internet habits...  Such an authority! (:
Yep, clicked on two official web sides to check it all out. Oh no, now the government knows everything about me, oh hang on
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:30:40 PM

satoshi will never will identified.
It is the main aspect of btc: anonymity...
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:31:13 PM

OMG, everyone stop using Bitcoin now.

time of posting pic coincides with the MTGOX drop for $160 to below $150

Edit ( meant as a joke, as some people take things a little too seriously sometimes.... if it wasn't obvious as a joke then please now relax that you now know it wasnt a serious market affecting event that will cost you dearly)

So I just sold all my coin for nothing? Aw shucks....
(/sarcasm)

...And I bought your coins!
Too bad, I executed a MITM attack and now all your coins are belong to me!

Too bad that my brainwallet is encrypted. Wink

is your digital media write protected?
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:34:39 PM

Incorrect.  I am both I)ruid and I}ruid.  I)ruid is the correct spelling.  I use the alternate I}ruid spelling on IRC due to the IRC protocol not allowing the close-parenthesis character ")" to be used in nicknames.
All it translates to is that you are his 5/8, right hand man, sidekick, business partner or whatever u like to call it. There are't to many people around who would be in any way associated with an address that received coins when the blockchain was less than 2 weeks old.
Dustin D. Trammell  Entrepreneur and Security Researcher,  HD Moore Information security researcher and programmer both reside in Austin Texas, both where active in the Austin Hackers Association way back in time and worked you with him via email (as u claim) on the first few versions of the client, testing and reporting bugs and suggesting additional features.
Lets call a spade a spade, a white had hacker is Government friendly (Kahoots) and a hacker against the hacker.
Your profile registration date is interesting, June '11 is just the time when some of those coins where sold, u certainly weren't a newbie to bitcoin(talk) at that time.

plenty of white hats that don't work for govt and never will. plenty wear both hats or grey hats or change hats etc.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:47:29 PM

OMG, everyone stop using Bitcoin now.

time of posting pic coincides with the MTGOX drop for $160 to below $150

Edit ( meant as a joke, as some people take things a little too seriously sometimes.... if it wasn't obvious as a joke then please now relax that you now know it wasnt a serious market affecting event that will cost you dearly)

So I just sold all my coin for nothing? Aw shucks....
(/sarcasm)

...And I bought your coins!
Too bad, I executed a MITM attack and now all your coins are belong to me!

Too bad that my brainwallet is encrypted. Wink

is your digital media write protected?

Damnit, my safety plan has been foiled again! Curse you hacker!

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:57:27 PM

There is a equal chance of anyone to but Satoshi, therefor the chance must be 50% each.
Now, if someone somewhere forms a group of 3 people, there is a chance of 150% that Satoshi is included in this group. As groups can be formed in many ways, there must for every person on this earth be at least 2 groups of 3 people that only have one person in common, this people must surely then be Satoshi, and as a consequence everyone and nobody is Satoshi at the same time.

(infallible logic, for the win!)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

Exactly... and to distract from understanding Bitcoin for what it is and isn't— whatever it's creators motivations were Bitcoin is an open and transparent artifact, I feel that we've been blessed beyond belief that when we argue about Bitcoin those arguments can be settled simply by the fact of what it is and without endless appeals to authority and speculation about its creators intentions. Bitcoin is what Bitcoin does. Fixing on its creation sullies it.

exactly! as an example look at how quickly snowdens revelations turned into stories about snowden and not about his revelations.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
manfred (OP)
Legendary

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

Proof?
I updated OP
dmartig

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:26:27 PM

satoshi was born in kenya but has a birth certificate from hawaii
inform

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 02:34:00 PM

this is super news
PaducahBTC

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:41:29 PM

Guys guys guys. Guys.

Guys.

I'm Satoshi.
manfred (OP)
Legendary

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:12:52 AM

this is super news
depends which side your one
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

Yeah, well, he was only an asshole if he paid in fiat, and everyone knows Pythagoras used bitcoin. Err... Buttcoin... umm... something like that anyways... Cheesy

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:18:30 PM

I think at this point, even if the real Satoshi came forward with proof of who they are no one would believe them.

All he has to do is sign a message using the private key for 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa.
Or someone who somehow stole his private key.

I agree, we would never believe him.
And that's good, it means his plan is working.
Assuming this was his plan.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

I read your new OP.  Thanks.  I needed a good belly laugh today.

I've not yet read the updated OP. But I've already been treated to a good belly laugh, courtesy of dmartig:

Quote from: dmartig
satoshi was born in kenya but has a birth certificate from hawaii

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:41:49 PM

George Bush is Satoshi.
I thought we already settled that.

PROOF?

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Kokomoka

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:39:21 AM

In all seriousness though, do you thing Satoshi will ever reveal [him/her/them] self?
Lotus

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:45:53 AM

Why do you even assume Satoshi is still alive?

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: