Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:46:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: International Bitcoin's Day  (Read 271 times)
Sar elok

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:15:39 AM

Hi,

I was wondering is there a designated date when people around the world celebrate Bitcoin invention or creation of cryptocurrencies in general? I mean commonly accepted tradition, something like International Programmers' Day:

Programmers are greeted with positive comments like “Happy Programmer’s Day” in some work environments on International Programmers' Day. The observance is also mentioned among programming communities in online forums and social media, including on Facebook or Twitter.

I think it would be fun to have such a day for the crypto community  Wink
I think also so. It would be nice to have a day of the programmer or the day the birth of cryptocurrency for the community. But, do we really need it? Can we get together every day though just sharing about the development of prices, new projects or the possibility of the creation of the new crypto without having to commemorate the day of the programmer or the birth of cryptocurrency
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 5683

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:16:33 AM

Why is that transaction had multiple inputs from a single address?
Those 1XPTgDRhN8RFnzniWCddobD9iKZatrvH4 input addresses are the same, so its balance must'd been totaled.
It supposed to be a single input transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

that is a cool idea but I think it may be too soon to get something like that. bitcoin is still pretty young and very small. and on top of that it has a lot of enemies these days that are attacking bitcoin constantly and spreading lots of FUD about it. you can't really get an international day for bitcoin as long as things are like this. bitcoin needs to at least grow more before getting a "day".

besides, unlike the "programmers' day" OP mentions, bitcoin has a "birth day" or starting day which you can consider bitcoin day. the day it started or the day of first block is a good one in my opinion.

Only Bitcoin
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:08:38 AM

Hi,

I was wondering is there a designated date when people around the world celebrate Bitcoin invention or creation of cryptocurrencies in general? I mean commonly accepted tradition, something like International Programmers' Day:

Programmers are greeted with positive comments like “Happy Programmer’s Day” in some work environments on International Programmers' Day. The observance is also mentioned among programming communities in online forums and social media, including on Facebook or Twitter.

I think that’s a very good and nice idea. I really think that with events like this and if comes to fruition then you can think that there would be a positive comment or feedback that people can view bitcoin to. That is one of our ways so that we can promote the bitcoin and the cryptocurrency with such flair, we the bitcoin community needs to work together so that the other people can see that we are proud of what we are doing so they can knwo there is nothing illegal or wrong with this

toop548

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:17:05 AM

Hi,

I think that’s a very good and nice idea. I really think that with events like this and if comes to fruition then you can think that there would be a positive comment or feedback that people can view bitcoin to. That is one of our ways so that we can promote the bitcoin and the cryptocurrency with such flair, we the bitcoin community needs to work together so that the other people can see that we are proud of what we are doing so they can knwo there is nothing illegal or wrong with this

This is a great idea. I look forward to the day when Bitcoin becomes an international currency. Now that Bitcoin is still very young, many people continue to attack Bitcoin and spread a lot of FUD. When it has an international day, it can spread better around the world.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:18:18 AM

Hi,

i guess this would be grate,maybe we will set up games in which more users will enjoy..some contest that has designated prices ..and most of all bonding with the mods,staffs and all the accounts around the world
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:20:42 AM

there is Bitcoin Pizza Day which is celebrated on May 22. as you now Laszlo Hanyecz bought two pizzas for 10 000 BTC and this fact made bitcoin famous. I think this purchase made very much for promoting bitcoin.

Yeah, Pizza's day is rather famous day in bitcoin history. It could be considered as day of first real purchase with BTC

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
danscub

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

That's so nice idea. But it means some other coins will have their too like ethereum day Smiley
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

It would be really great if such thing happened. But , i don't think it will. There is no Dollar's Day or Euro's day. But ,if one day, bitcoin made an important impact on the world that revolutionized it and helped it evolve. I am sure that people will reserve a whole day for it. But, for now, we need to help it get more reputation ,and help this community getting bigger.

Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

This could be a great day, this is awesome. For all the people using bitcoin all over the world, it would be a great idea for having International Bitcoin's day. In bitcoin's day, maybe there could be some fun games using bitcoin as a payment and different group chats from different people around the world to know other people and to have friends with them, in this way, we can promote bitcoin to other people too! Bitcoin can gain more fame and power once INTERNATIONAL BITCOIN DAY becomes true.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
stuffokator (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:47:56 PM

The idea could be better if the community creates a Crypto Day - could be a discount policy as Black Friday + Several famous people promote some events like 50 cent did several weeks ago. Could be big, but it is decentralized and the money for such organization should come from us. It will definetly increase the BTC and ALT`s value.

Yeah, I was also thinking about that. Bitcoin needs to draw more media attention. I mean, in positive way. This day should be special for community. Like you said, it could be discounts, free coins for poor men, maybe some gifts for children. Or maybe even increased rewards for miners...dreams dreams  Cheesy

I understand that all this is difficult to establish globally. But it's always better to start somewhere right? As a first step we could create some kind of a poll right on this forum to choose an appropriate date.

Imagine in the future they will refer to this very discussion thread where "such a great celebration was pioneered".
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

Hello! What great idea! I like it and support it! But when? BTCBTCBTC

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:52:51 PM

The idea could be better if the community creates a Crypto Day - could be a discount policy as Black Friday + Several famous people promote some events like 50 cent did several weeks ago. Could be big, but it is decentralized and the money for such organization should come from us. It will definetly increase the BTC and ALT`s value.

Yeah, I was also thinking about that. Bitcoin needs to draw more media attention. I mean, in positive way. This day should be special for community. Like you said, it could be discounts, free coins for poor men, maybe some gifts for children. Or maybe even increased rewards for miners...dreams dreams  Cheesy

I understand that all this is difficult to establish globally. But it's always better to start somewhere right? As a first step we could create some kind of a poll right on this forum to choose an appropriate date.

Imagine in the future they will refer to this very discussion thread where "such a great celebration was pioneered".

Media attention is necessary in some point but main media companies prefer to ignore the reality and keep spreading FUD. Miners can handle ths bear market but why should they participate in such events? IMO they should keep their business instead of wasting their time for such events. Idea is good but there isnt good mechanism for keeping it alive.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:56:48 PM

I think the day when first ever block was mined should be considered as international bitcoin's day. Which is 3rd January 2009 but like many have argued the day when the first known transaction to buy something was occurred should be considered as bitcoin's day as it is one of the most popular event in bitcoin history followed by massive 10x price growth.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:03:59 PM

It would have to be 3rd of January but this is too close to new years, also this is normally when the market tanks! When was the whitepaper released by Satoshi? That should be bitcoin day - since we don't know who he is or his birthday it would have to be his bitcoin article publishing date.
stuffokator (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:28:20 PM

why should they participate in such events?

It would be a great opportunity for charity auctions.

Anyway, they will have no choice if this event is enforced by blockchain consensus rules lol
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:32:58 PM

Everyday is or can be bitcoin day. Invest and when you'll double your initial investment then that's your bitcoin day. Or you need a special certain day (like a rule) to celebrate?
stuffokator (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:56:46 PM

Everyday is or can be bitcoin day. Invest and when you'll double your initial investment then that's your bitcoin day. Or you need a special certain day (like a rule) to celebrate?

I just thought it would be useful to dedicate such a special day. So that newspapers could write a lot about "all good things that happened during Bitcoin Day celebration". As was already proposed, online stores, which accept bitcoin, could promote discounts during this day or something like that.

So at the end of the day more people will associate the word Bitcoin with something nice, not with criminals.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:00:14 PM

there is Bitcoin Pizza Day which is celebrated on May 22. as you now Laszlo Hanyecz bought two pizzas for 10 000 BTC and this fact made bitcoin famous. I think this purchase made very much for promoting bitcoin.
I think i like this celebration of pizza rather than 'International Bitcoin's Day' IMO because he's too famous now for buying a two pizzas for 10,000 BTC, must have been a huge money if it were invested today. He's too famous on this forum because of that and people might wanna remember his name for his generous act of buying.  Grin
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:14:22 PM

That is not a great thing. I think the bitcoin that day will be a lot of supporters. bitcoin will hit the highest value. All the nations of the world will participate in the International Bitcoin Day parade.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: