Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:50:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a pump and dump scheme?  (Read 711 times)
JumpHIGH

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

The pump and dump movement is a strategy to push in and push out the token from everyone's wallet. This group is influential to change the price of the coins whether we like it or not the pump and dump people can manipulate the price totally.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyromancer

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 12:18:39 PM

Yes, I also think like that, that it's part of the price manipulation done by maybe the operator, or it could be the owner of a giant bitcoin. They set in such a strategy to play a price that makes people panic. People will experience "panic sell" or "panic buy". This is where they take steps to buy bitcoin in cheap price. Then they play a strategy again to sell bitcoin in high prices. Indeed in investment and business, investors are required to be smart and experienced in analyzing the market. Don’t let you follow the trend because this can be misleading.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:26:47 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 12:50:21 PM by no0dlepunk

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

Bitcoin pump and dump can happen once a bunch of ignorants comes in. Nobody in his good functioning mind will ever buy bitcoin at ATH.

So basically, who buys it during dumps are those greedy ass noobs like those who have bought in panic last December.

I hate these losers, they are the reason why bitcoin is being accused as fraud. I hope you are not one of them noobs.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 12:59:31 PM

there is traces of manipulation in any market but just because manipulation happens you can not call it pump and dump. a pump and dump is for something that is purely manipulation and zero real demand. and bitcoin has a lot of real demand. it is still THE decentralized money without competition and the real demand means it will not be pumped and dumped.

Yeah thats what it is! Something with huge demand and people need it all the time. They can not pump or dump it easily because it will require huge money to do so. The market pumping can be done if the value and market cap both are almost equal to nothing. If BTC would have been equal to lets say few dollars with no volume daily or may be just a little one then there would have been huge chances that it is pump-dump machine. This can be proven from the telegram groups who are using undervalued coins for manipulating the prices.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

lulutika

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:36:20 AM

Seriously, this is a completely illusory market for people who do not understand it, Pump and Pour is the best definition of this market.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:43:51 AM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

It can be but if someone wants to manipulate the bitcoin price he/she had much bitcoin on his wallet to have big effect once he dumps his coins. Those early investors of bitcoin back in the early stage will probably have the control of the bitcoin price as we have not seen the price of bitcoin to reach above $10k and goes correction to down $7k.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:50:38 AM

Base on what I learned here in bitcointalk and understand, Probably not. A  pump and dump scheme is a fraudulent operation where the operators own lots of a low-valued stock or commodity, and use mass advertising to lure large amounts of money from new investors, which in turn inflates the price. Once the commodity has reached a sufficiently high price, the operators “cash out” by selling all their holdings, which causes the commodity’s price to plummet, and the later investors lose most of their invested money.

What do you think ?

It can be but if someone wants to manipulate the bitcoin price he/she had much bitcoin on his wallet to have big effect once he dumps his coins. Those early investors of bitcoin back in the early stage will probably have the control of the bitcoin price as we have not seen the price of bitcoin to reach above $10k and goes correction to down $7k.
Yes I agree on that, I dont think that it is really a scheme, I believe that pumping and dumping of the bitcoin price is normal because it depend on the volume of the investors in the market. So then if bitcoin faces some more negative issue on its feild the direct effect of the price occur, it is all because the volume of investors may decrease because of issue.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:00:35 AM

With the achievement of bitcoin in the crypto market, I personally do not agree that btc is a pump and dump scheme and I think that would also depend on the person's views about btc. For some  trader and investors approach, considering they just wanted to earn profit quickly, they would sell their btc after the pump and everytime there will be another bear market, they tend to buy again.
Yeah I think so. but who knows if many whales might do so on purpose? with perhaps millions of dollars in capital they have. maybe they can make manipulation in a market and make pump and dump scheme?  basically pump and dump because of demand and supply.
tarikul1921

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:53:57 AM

It may or may not be. To be a scheme Bitcoin should be a large number of people in the team and there will be some specific stock controlled by organized teams. Yes, aBTC and other cryptosystems are large branches and it is actually quite easy.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:39:57 AM

What do you think ?

Honestly there are instances of pump and dump going around and you should be aware of it to avoid falling into a trap if you are an investor. We may hate to admit it but we are all here to make profit no matter what. If you want to join that pump and dump to gain profit then you can but also be aware that not all the time that this group is going to earn profit, they also lose.
Kisska2710

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:27:31 AM

That's right, this bonus happens with the coin shit. Can also coin top so. But having entered into this market must believe in it.
oanhtrang1523584@gmail.co

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:30:02 AM

It's a property transfer program. When the money from the pocket of those who do not have the will, knowledge into the pocket of the brave and understand the market
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:47:41 AM

What do you think ?

feel the loss of money invested I think only some people or investors who are impatient and confident with bitcoin until now the proof is still a lot of investors who benefit from their investment
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:02:05 AM

What do you think ?

Yes, I agree with this opinion.

To decide whether BTC is an advanced technology or low-valued "stock", we need to decide if so-called product behind price is viable/reasonable. Right now I understand, that BTC can not be used massively due to its unreasonably high "production cost." While enthusiasts say, that number of transactions is not limiting matter, but size of block in chain, it doesnt make any difference. Its still just too ressource-costly to mine.

Right now miners do that job in hope of getting coin in return and that hope is halved every 210 000 blocks.
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:56:47 AM

it isn't dump and pump scheme, the price is always determines by the force demand and supply of the market...
Freepro

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:04:05 AM

Only if coin have enough liquidity and wide circulation. For BTC it's correct
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:25:18 AM

There are plenty of coins which are pump and dump coins but I bitcoin is of-course not a pump dump coin, Of-course the prices never stands at one point for a long run because of demand and availability. Also a good and bad news play their parts as well.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

Its altcoins we can classified as pump and dump scheme snd not bitcoin that has already gained ground and popular...
JACKSW4G

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:39:28 AM

I`m thinking that all of this market is partly that way, but there are some coins which were initially created to pump - dump - forget, so Bitcoin is not that type of coin, certainly!
indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:59:47 AM

That's right, bitcoin is a pump and dump scheme. This explains how your strategy is to make a profit. Pump and dump scheme is the real market. I dont know if there is a deliberate element here but surely you can take the opportunity when dump and gain profit when pump

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: