Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why KYC is important?  (Read 3271 times)
success007

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:31:29 AM

Know Your Customer (KYC) is a prerequisite for investing in mutual funds (and almost all financial instruments). It is vital compliance on the part of financial product manufacturers, to know their investor better.
It is an incredibly important practice that serves as the backbone of global anti- money laundering efforts.
faruk34

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

ETH: 0x1C829E7A1b5cA44cc381863e10448504e07f78e9

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:11:36 PM

project owners now want to know their customers. so that potential money laundering situations can be avoided. I think that this KYC demand situation will become more widespread in the future.

cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:37:49 PM

There are so many bad reactions about some ICO projects implementing KYCs.

KYC- Know your costumer

What's good with KYC is that your account is being protected and so as the project where you participated. Everybody hates fraud/scammers so I think this is much better to secure your investments and also to get rid of those fake and multiple accounts.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
Kariste

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:30:57 AM

KYC is important because it it the way to know the relevant information of user/customer. In order to provide better , safer and more secure platform for all users worldwide. KYC helps us to identify and verifying the identity of customer, user and client to avoid scam.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:24:18 AM

systems such as the KYC I think it would be very beneficial if applied in all ICO. fair enough, nowadays many ICO always popping up and it takes a Verity of various parties as more and more scam that is very troubling. Maybe with the KYC is I think will be much giving a nice impact.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:16:05 AM

Not just in this market, but I feel that KYC process is of a lot of importance everywhere in the world. How would you even know that legitimate people are buying your product and not someone who is impersonating several other people? I am in favour of having KYC for every project and even the bounty hunters should be taken through the KYC process so that there is no cheating going on. It does take away the anonymity but then in order to curb scammers this KYC process is must.
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

At first I looked at KYC skeptically but now I understand why it is required. I sent my documents only to projects that introduce full confidence in me.

Lifestudent38

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

KYC is all about TAX. Governments will be happy to allow ICO's and Digital Currencies and Exchanges if they know they can tax its citizens who made profits from those activities!!!
Veviene0417

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:39:01 PM

KYC stands for "Know Your Customer". It is important to all investors inorder to prevent cheaters or scammer and also financial fraud. Allows them to understand the customer better and manage risks prudently,enable to better understand their financial dealings. To avoid any financial issues they must apply KYC procedures.
With bitcoin and altcoin gaining popularity over the years, investing in cryptocurrency is still deemed to be highly speculative as there is a lot of risk to consider, especially while it's an unregulated market. KYC procedures is regulated or needed for the prevention of suspicious transactions.
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

It is for the security of both parties. This was implemented a long time ago its just that many ICOs are not into KYC yet by that time. We all hate fraud/scammers and so do as the ICO projects so they use KYC to determine whether the participants are real or not.

cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:45:31 PM

Kyc is newly implemented in ico bounty where we need to submit all the documents kyc restrict fake accounts and geuinue work culture as per bounty managers
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:07:16 PM

Kyc is newly implemented in ico bounty where we need to submit all the documents kyc restrict fake accounts and geuinue work culture as per bounty managers

Yes, it might be useful in some way to reduce scam users participating in any ICO but I think it revels once identity and I think crypto currency were originated from Bitcoin which helped us to transact currency without revealing once identity and introducing KYC seem to be against the original concept. Also, many users are not comfortable sharing their documents, ICO sites can be hacked any day. Hence, privacy of users are at risk and thereby I can't support any system which breaches once personal life.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:46:17 PM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

It would be great if the development team passed kyc before running ico, then there would be less scam. It seems to me that such a rule will soon be introduced
The best answer i saw. Almost all ICO asking for KYC, so i have a question - why there are so many scams? Definitely they have to start from themself.
suhoy

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:52:34 PM

I'm still wondering why so many people are afraid of doing KYC, the point is just to evade unreliable ICOs.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
bojokusugih

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:18:37 PM

Prevent from fraud and from kyc identities of people can be clearly plowed, view suspicious transaction reports or not.
But only a bank can see that.
The point is to prevent fraud and things that are not in want.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:09:55 PM

I'm still wondering why so many people are afraid of doing KYC, the point is just to evade unreliable ICOs.
Some people doesn't really like to become known, they just wanted to become anonymous at all times. We have to accept that there are people that just like that and it is their rights of privacy. At first they don't have to join or invest to any ICO that has KYC rules if they don't like to show their personal info. It would be a big problem if they don't understand the rules in the first place.

anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:47:47 PM

KYC is really important but it's only for ICO projects don't accept investors come from any country in this world. There are a lot of ICO project still don't require KYC to their investor and investor although don't like to do KYC but they still do it if they're going to invest in a really good project. After all, you creat this topic just because you're trying to promote for your own project Smiley

HiamPlutooo

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:49:03 PM

Thank you so much for information
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:53:46 PM

Some people doesn't really like to become known, they just wanted to become anonymous at all times. We have to accept that there are people that just like that and it is their rights of privacy. At first they don't have to join or invest to any ICO that has KYC rules if they don't like to show their personal info. It would be a big problem if they don't understand the rules in the first place.
Right, which there are really people who don't like to exposes themselves or their identity online which I do see that It do have the risk on where those informations would be used on bad side and would really compromise or affect on ones personality or reputation.People do have different perceptions either they would embrace KYC proceedings or not.Its actually their own choice since from the start but for a project they should really make announcement at first place.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Edsel_Miller

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:42:02 AM

KYC or Know Your Customer is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients
The objective of KYC guidelines in banks is to prevent the banks from being used, intentionally or unintentionally, by criminal elements for money laundering activities.
Related procedures also enable banks to better understand their customers and their financial dealings. This helps them manage their risks prudently.
In simple terms, KYC is nothing but the bank asking for your identity proof. This prevents fraud and misuse of banking facility. Kind of a security check. Just imagine if anyone can enter any airplane without any security check or luggage scanning. How would you feel about that?        In simple terms, KYC is nothing but the bank asking for your identity proof. This prevents fraud and misuse of banking facility. Kind of a security check. Just imagine if anyone can enter any airplane without any security check or luggage scanning. How would you feel about that?  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: