Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why KYC is important?  (Read 3269 times)
cryptowonders@20

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:10:43 AM

to me i like the KYC standard because many people are high fraudulent, so this kyc is just a bounds that bands you between the third parties, so in anything we are doing most sign in with our right details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duoworld

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:11:13 AM

I think kyc is good. It is a good thing for the ico team project. Let our investors know more about whether the project is a scam. In addition, its data record is a very powerful thing and can avoid many bad things. For example, money laundering in violation of the law.
Anzal RK

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:13:14 AM

Yes a good information for us to know how KYC work and important.
KYC need to know who we are and know we are is not a cloning account.
But sometimes, people see it them ID.
CongHoan

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:57:32 AM

its so important . But some scam projects used it for hacking our information .check out carefully before deceding to do KYC
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

KYC policy is primarily for the purpose of knowing the participants' identity. This is to determine whether the participant belongs to a country banned from joining, or if there are criminal records, or if there is a history of scamming. Ofcourse, participants are scared of data breach. This is not 100% inevitable. No matter how secure their data are, there will still be evil minds roaming around that might hack it. This could be one of the reasons why some investors refrain from joining ICOs because they are afraid problems like this occur.

stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:09:49 AM

I think KYC verifying is important to notify the clients or customers whether it is in the restricted area for the projects of an ICO and to assure that bots are not working instead of humans.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:33:47 AM

KYC is for me real important and is an important part of the way to be adopted by public and furthermore institutions. It gives more trust on the investors and projects/ICO in general. For me it is a mandatory step for all projects in crypto wolrd to be considered as serious.
exbase

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

nice to read.... I will just send all the FAKE KYC retailers to this forum.

Grin LET HAVE FUN  Shocked
Foskaay

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Indeed KYC is important but another concern is some ICO reselling KYC identities or even good one database been hacked which posses risk too.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:27:58 PM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

It would be great if the development team passed kyc before running ico, then there would be less scam. It seems to me that such a rule will soon be introduced

They should start from this. Before the ICO procedure starts, all team members should go through the KYC procedure. Maybe it would actually reduce the amount of fraud. It's investors who risk their money because they usually get cheated. Requiring KYC from bounty hunters or airdrops participants is a complete misunderstanding.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
extremegym

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:52:49 PM

Me im against in kyc. Because kyc really hard to be approved especially if you didnt have a valid id. And its limit the investor.because not all investor have a valid id other are student that not yet reach 18 yrs old.

law is law: if u're not allowed to participate, then there is hardly any sense in trying to act against the rules.
Ziltoid

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:58:28 AM

I certainly understand. companies may have problems if there is no KYC. But I as an investor still do not like to pass KYC. Too often our data is from unknown third parties. I do not like.
Luxury331

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:06:06 AM

K. Y. C (know your customer) it is a security measures used to check the nationality of the customer and other details
Traderadex

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:10:36 AM

I don't like the KYC rules because it causes exposure of someone information which is not safe, although it has its own advantages but I just personally hate it, and it also restricts many people participating on many projects. Little dude they know it may affect the project by reduction of masses of the community.
extremegym

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:21:15 PM

KYC is a important things for ICO to know about their customers such as citizen and as a proof of legal documents for them.
The ICO is also using it to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities.

transparency is good for preventing fraud, but it is also a risk to those who provided their data.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:30:33 AM

KYC is a important things for ICO to know about their customers such as citizen and as a proof of legal documents for them.
The ICO is also using it to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities.
Yes, that is the reason why ICO requires KYC on it's investors to prevent citizens of countries which prohibited them on participating on that ICO. But if a person really want to invest on that particular ICO i think he can find ways how, like tapping the services of friends from other countries to invest on his behalf.
Cryptokeke

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

Well doing KYC or know your customer process is like ignoring the first important thing in crypto it is the anounimousity  but we still need to abide by their rules of we want to invest in their project. Some projects are requiring to do KYC because some countries like china and USA are not allowed to participate in it
extremegym

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Well doing KYC or know your customer process is like ignoring the first important thing in crypto it is the anounimousity  but we still need to abide by their rules of we want to invest in their project. Some projects are requiring to do KYC because some countries like china and USA are not allowed to participate in it

anonymity doesn't have to be everywhere and in everything. sometimes u may sacrifice a little to get a profit.
princebridge7

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:03:33 AM

because now there are a lot of frauds in the ICO so you have to use KYC to know who will participate.

then for KYC Exchange it is needed to detect Bitcoin funding that is misused.
so when there is a disbursement of Bitcoin against FIAT in Exchange it will be detected who is the person who committed the crime using Bitcoin.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:16:58 AM

KYC simply stands for Know Your Customer.
And i simply think that why KYC is required for most ICO'S  is just to avoid double registration.  So many people will be thinking of cheating a particular project by registering with many details on the detriment of the project.  But if KYC is involved, i don't see where a single person can have double or many documents like international passpor, drivers license, National ID, utility bills etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: