Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 12:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why KYC is important?  (Read 3269 times)
Cryptoryna

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

I think it's not important  because the greatest attribute of blockchain is its permissionless. The only reason we need KYCs now is because of government's regulations. But that one or those ones who have created a Bitcoin never gave a damn about government in the first place. Blockchain can help us to get rid of intermediaries and the biggest intermediary we how nowadays is government.
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:09:21 AM

KYC is necessary to defend people and their investments. For ex., it could be bounty participants where KYC helps to avoid multi-accounts. Also it could be ICO participants (for ex., to avoid buying all tokens with several investors).
And what about confidentiality and decentralization? Was it not for this the crypto currency was created? Now we are discussing a topic that was impossible a year ago.
Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:09:42 AM

Kyc is important as it makes the project known to it's token holders and also, during icos or bounty programs , kyc's are often used to prevent cheaters of the system. This is the basic thing kyc is been used in this industry
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

Good thinking, investors also need trust in ICO developers with KYC. So they can get to know each other and investment will be safe.

ICO should know their investors because as far as I know there are some countries that banned crypto and in that case they need to avoid the netizen to join in any ico where crypto is banned .
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:15:41 PM

From the beginning I was against the KUS and my opinion has not changed. I hope there's some other way to verify our identity.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
krishnaverma

Activity: 1316
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:51:21 AM

Imagining going to an office or school without an identification card or traveling abroad without a passport or boarding pass. For crypto exchanges, that's equivalent to doing business with people you have not personally vetted. These is where kyc comes in. The process is pretty much similar to when you first opened your bank account where you were likely to fill personal data sheet and submit one or two ids

I think that the exchanges are just following legal directions given by the government. Even after implementing KYC, there is no guarantee that fraud can be eliminated completely. There are many providers giving false documents for such kyc.

There are benefits as well as shortcomings of kyc in my opinion. I will not be surprised if government starts tracking people with the help of this and demand more tax from them in future.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:53:07 AM

This KYC is simply standart procedure, it dont give us maximal guarantee.
Many peoples use not real their documents.

irianto18

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

KYC is stands for "Know Your Customer" and i think this is a system that identifies the true identity of a participants. And this KYC is important in order to validate cheaters and those scammers. But sometimes it can be used also by those scammers also by pretending to have a n ICO and will ask your information for their own benefit like using your information for bad intention and  this is the disadvantage of KYC system implemented.

It would be great if the development team passed kyc before running ico, then there would be less scam. It seems to me that such a rule will soon be introduced
not only that Kyc also avoids cheating or multiple accounts. so it would be better to use kyc.
thsaudtl1
Copper Member

Activity: 156

Let's get lots of useful information!.

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

I think KYC is needed in the exchange, but when I invest in an ICO project, I think I need it. Every time I go to ICO, KYC feels very uncomfortable.
I think ICOs should find a way to simplify KYC. I think we can change the flow of ICOs depending on how we do this, and we need to eliminate various regulations around the world.
KYC is needed when trading on the exchange and I think it is possible to further reduce the risk of hacking.

══════════════☛UbcoinMarket☚═════════════
EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS
efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:57:46 AM

I think kyc bounty is very unnecessary for the participants. ico may be required for participants. it is important for the tokens to spread properly.this situation is formalizing.
bavian

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:58:08 AM

The KYC is mean Know Your Customer to limit cheater or some people come from US, etc.. join ICO, airdrops and bounty. But be carefull, If you join projects scam, scammer will take your idenity documents.
Micerker

Activity: 593

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:00:14 PM

I find that ICOs projects that require KYC verification will help those ICOs become more professional. You may see that many people think that KYC is really troublesome, but KYC helps you know that the developer is really looking for their project.

permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:00:54 PM

KYC will provide feedback for the project maker whether the project has been successful or failed and whether there are other issues that must be discussed there.
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:02:30 PM

KYC is necessary to defend people and their investments. For ex., it could be bounty participants where KYC helps to avoid multi-accounts. Also it could be ICO participants (for ex., to avoid buying all tokens with several investors).
there are many purpose for using KYC.even in a bank they use this methode too to consider the money source their clients.and also they can prevent money that come from criminal flow.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:02:34 PM

Nobody wants to give money to "non-existent people," that is, bots, because people just simply used them to increase their profits, so ICO projects decided to fight this factor with their own methods.
UIXID

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:03:29 PM

KUS identification allows you to prevent the participation of one person with dozens of accounts in your campaign bounty. Also you can cut participants from different countries of the world to ICO.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:06:57 PM

KYC is very important to protect projects from regulatory punishment and make the process of tokensale more clear for everyone.
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:25:08 PM

The KYC is mean Know Your Customer to limit cheater or some people come from US, etc.. join ICO, airdrops and bounty. But be carefull, If you join projects scam, scammer will take your idenity documents.

That's the risk of performing KYC procedure. Then our identity will be used for things that smell bad or would be sold on darknet by those scammer. So, there is good and bad like devil and angel. Just need to be more careful while used your ID card.
Asmh85

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:38:17 PM

KYC is very important for ICO, but sometimes it's annoying for investors especially when it takes time to processed
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

Nowadays KYC is a must as most of the projects cannot risk anymore to receive funds without knowing for sure who send them. In the past a lot of projects had problems because they didin't know how to demonstrate that the funds was received and now they are facing laws and other problems.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: