Print  
Author Topic: ELYA  (Read 33412 times)
coolbits
Copper Member

Activity: 125
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:52:54 AM

What's your libboost version?  I'm afraid I'm gonna have to tell you to use Ubuntu 16.04

I've compiled it on Ubuntu 16.04, but when I start it I get an error:

root@MiningPools:/elyacoin/build# ./Elyacoin
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display

Is this a build for a GUI ubuntu??

Sounds like an Xwindows error, you're trying to run in a sudo shell by any luck?  That would explain it.

Build as a regular user and run it as a regular user.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JBnl

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:59:58 AM

Sounds like an Xwindows error, you're trying to run in a sudo shell by any luck?  That would explain it.

Logged in as root, haven't set up any other users. Not running as "sudo su". Sad
coolbits
Copper Member

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

Logged in as root, haven't set up any other users. Not running as "sudo su". Sad

Can you run other X11 apps such as xterm from the same shell?

I downloaded the 16.04 ubuntu ISO, installed it in Virtualbox, installed git / g++ / cmake, followed the README.md instructions and the wallet compiled and ran without a single error.
Mattycoz

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 10:23:42 AM

Something wrong with the pool, it’s double the hashrate size of the network. Also on every other coin I get between 2-3kh. Here it drops to 100hs and also the calculator shows I will make roughly 40k worth of coins a day. I’m getting no where near that amount.

I know of others having the same issues
JBnl

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:24:02 AM

That appears to be the problem. I'll see if I can make it work with another user.

Why not just offer a compiled linux version on the github that can be run with root access?
coolbits
Copper Member

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

Something wrong with the pool, it’s double the hashrate size of the network. Also on every other coin I get between 2-3kh. Here it drops to 100hs and also the calculator shows I will make roughly 40k worth of coins a day. I’m getting no where near that amount.

The difficulty of the coin grew up very quickly and the difficulty retargeting isn't immediate but rather smoothed out.  This is why you see "network diff" lower than the pool diff. 

Matter of fact, that allows you, the miner, to get more coins since the blocks are generated faster than intended.  This will not last forever, however.

Also you can't really compare hashes between coins.  Your best bet is to mine for a bit, see how many coins you receive, and if you like what you see, continue mining, if not, call it quits.

Several miners received total payouts in the hundreds of thousands already since yesterday.
JBnl

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:35:46 AM

I downloaded the 16.04 ubuntu ISO, installed it in Virtualbox, installed git / g++ / cmake, followed the README.md instructions and the wallet compiled and ran without a single error.

I set up a new user with sudo access - and compiled it using sudo commands (not in a sudo su shell). Getting the same error when starting.

So frustrating.
coolbits
Copper Member

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:48:16 AM

I set up a new user with sudo access - and compiled it using sudo commands (not in a sudo su shell). Getting the same error when starting.

So frustrating.

Why do you use sudo at all for this?

Anyway, I'm trying to build a static linux version for you, can't promise anything but I'm trying.
JBnl

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

If I don't place sudo in front of the command it won't let me compile.  Undecided

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it a lot.
saltpool

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:00:03 AM

Can you give http://elya.saltpool.net a quick go - see if you get a similar hashrate or not? That will tell you if it is the network in general, or the pool.
CTAXAHOB

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:27:00 AM

running at 5.2 KH/sec on fresh pool right now

got a few payouts. seems to work ok

i buy hash from miningrigrentals site
coolbits
Copper Member

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

If I don't place sudo in front of the command it won't let me compile.  Undecided

I would start finding out why.  This is absolutely not normal.  I don't know how much experience in compiling things you have but this is literally the first time I hear something like that.

BTW, don't count on the static version.  I'm trying but it's unlikely to work I think.

JBnl

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:32:10 AM

I would start finding out why.  This is absolutely not normal.  I don't know how much experience in compiling things you have but this is literally the first time I hear something like that.

BTW, don't count on the static version.  I'm trying but it's unlikely to work I think.

I'm pretty new to shell scripts, but I have several other coin pools running without problems. Those wallets compile and start just fine when logged in as root. So I have no idea why this one is acting different. I'll try again when a later version is available Smiley
davidnataf (OP)

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:33:33 PM

Mac Wallet on the way.
First exchange testing the code. Live in a few days on stocks.exchange.
Telegram Group : https://t.me/joinchat/FQ-mtA6wjkcHknAl-hz5zg
coolbits
Copper Member

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

LOW 0.5% FEE! Minimum payout 1 ELYA!

I recommend you change the minimum payout to something higher, at least 100 ELYA.

With such a low payout threshold, considering the coin difficulty and the block reward, you're going to create TONS of micro transactions for your miners.

They will end up with highly fragmented wallets and they will not thank you for this later when they try to make a big transaction to move their coins somewhere else.

anam08

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

npool  for ELYA
http://npool.pw/elyacoin/
Total Pool Fee: 0.5%
Minimum Payment Threshold: 50.000 ELYA
Code:
-a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://ca.npool.pw:10091 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p YOUR_WORKER_NAME
orcan1ce

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:43:06 AM

Can we get some updates Dev?

Vikhy

Activity: 387
Merit: 13

1ndiaSPqmqRUBXK79chY9Merz5AZrSu6y

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

looking forward to this coin since it already has a company behind it and thus a practical use.

░▒▓█  x42 Protocol ░▒▓█ ▬ Feeless ▬Smart Contracts▬ C#▬ Proof-Of-Stake  ▬ Sidechains ▬ dApps ▬
Our website! Whitepaper! Twitter! Facebook! Reddit! Discord!Telegram!
Heimkind

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:15:38 PM

I really like the idea of an anonymous SIM-Card, which can be paid easily with Coins.

Mining is working fine since 24 hours. Keep up the good work  Smiley
Jochanan

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:35:32 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 07:17:02 PM by Jochanan

looks like a scam. website is not valid website. last tweet from the company in 2011... i would not touch it even with a foot long pole.¨

[edit]Hmmm, original twitter account is actively promoting this coin... i think i will touch it... with the gloves on[/edit]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: