Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:50:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLERS are preventing prices going down further  (Read 690 times)
albronzzo (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:13:22 PM
Merited by Invester (1)

it seems that these are the level where prices are not going to dump further downwards.... thanks to hodlers...
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:16:55 PM

HODLERS doesn't want to get their profit below their expected price. Like in bitcoin, we've seen it moved up rapidly and it reached ATH. By the time it went down further, there's no other reason for a HODLER to sell at the bottom so everyone is holding now. And also thanks to those whales who are preventing the further dip because they are the ones that is giving big impact to the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:17:11 PM

Agree. If you are a hodler, you don't have a reason to sell your portfolio when there is a dip. You bought your coins because you want profit so you must hold until the end when you can get something from your investments.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:23:21 PM

it seems that these are the level where prices are not going to dump further downwards.... thanks to hodlers...
I have coins that I won't sell anytime soon. Diversify your portfolio so you can sell the coins that you have but only a small amount of it because you know that you will want to have some coins left in case the price goes up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:28:40 PM

Yes there is enough buy support at these levels which can absorb some level of dump but if there will be another big sell off than those buy orders might get eaten and we might go even further down.

However chance of surge is quite high right now.

sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:30:32 PM

I have watched my portfolio go down and further down. From my past experience, anytime I sold a coin, it shoots up in folds and as a result I have decided not to sell any of my coins.  My portfolio is currently bad but I’m still holding, a better day will surely come

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:49:45 PM

Because the majority of the holders are believing in the long-term process. Just like those have bought the major altcoin at ico and then they are keeping it more than some years later and then they have become a winner right now with thousands of profit. But the whales make the speculation becomes more difficult to predict. Whales always try to make holders worry about that.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:16:09 AM

I have watched my portfolio go down and further down. From my past experience, anytime I sold a coin, it shoots up in folds and as a result I have decided not to sell any of my coins.  My portfolio is currently bad but I’m still holding, a better day will surely come
I hope that is the case but there are instances when a better day doesn't come(like what happens to most of the shitcoins out there). Just hold only when you think your coins still has potential to reach the price you want to sell into but if not, just find a good exit point and you will be fine.
But the whales make the speculation becomes more difficult to predict. Whales always try to make holders worry about that.
If holder really believes in the long term process then he wouldn't be fazed even if whales frequently manipulates what they hold, in fact it might become a blessing to them in the end of the day as whales sometimes creates good sell points.
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:22:42 AM

I have watched my portfolio go down and further down. From my past experience, anytime I sold a coin, it shoots up in folds and as a result I have decided not to sell any of my coins.  My portfolio is currently bad but I’m still holding, a better day will surely come

that it the essence of holding you should not sell when the price that you acquire your coin is too low from the price of now you will not be able to gain after , you should know when to sell or if you cant prevent yourself to sell you better sell some part not all of your coins so that if the price goes up again you still have coin .
rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:44:10 AM

Actually it's also depend on the project it self. The coin will not have value if no one want to buy it or you can't do anything with those coins. If the project of those coin is still runs good then the price will not down. But the holders are also have important role in price stabilization of thoSe coin.

bountyhunter1313

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:46:00 AM

Prices can go to unimaginable levels. There's always an invisible hand playing there. Low volume selloffs are nothing new in crypto.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:50:51 AM

Holders are out of the equation when the market swings. They are neither buying or selling anyway.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:54:38 AM

Actually, all the holders do not want the price to drop, but they can keep with their tokens, they need funds to keep that. So I think this is a signal that market will recover soon.
DyllanGM

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:32:41 AM

Really true. If not with the patient hodlers, cryptos would have plummeted down. Just take as an example some ICOs that after releasing the bounty payments, their coin price suddenly drops a day after when the bounty hunters started dumping their coins. That is why a lot of ICOs try to freeze the coins until 2-3 months to help the price. They didnt realize that if they just hold long enough, they might get triple of more profit if they hodl.
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:48:40 AM

Fluctuaction of crypto so high more over token just entered the market with low volume will be like pump dump, so will be good idea to trade it to take profit and avoid any lose. Hold actuallly bad idea because all crypto so high volatility.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
DyllanGM

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:56:32 AM

Fluctuaction of crypto so high more over token just entered the market with low volume will be like pump dump, so will be good idea to trade it to take profit and avoid any lose. Hold actuallly bad idea because all crypto so high volatility.

Holding is a double edge sword. A lot of people already earned a lot from holding, but a there are also holding (and even mining) coins that are already dead and there's nothing they can do about. The best coins to hold are those at least in the top list with huge volume and market cap, other than that, especially coins from ICOs which you can't be sure or, might as well sell when it is still high.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:57:42 AM

Exactly! For as long as there is a strong and resilient community of Bitcoin hodlers, the price of Bitcoin will never go down rock bottom. This is the thing that prevents the demand from going to an all time low. But then again we need a much bigger community of Bitcoin hodlers as there will always be some who are shifting to altcoins and some are selling. In the end, hodling will always win. The hodlers will be rewarded with more profit than those who have weaker hands.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:01:05 AM

Actually it's also depend on the project it self. The coin will not have value if no one want to buy it or you can't do anything with those coins. If the project of those coin is still runs good then the price will not down. But the holders are also have important role in price stabilization of thoSe coin.

Yeah holders really play and help stabilization of some coins. Massive dumping of coins gives panic to investors how ever good your project is. This happens a lot when payments from bounties are unloaded into the market and all you can see is sell orders becoming lower, really kills the coins.

practicaltexan

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:27:13 AM

I believe there are hodlers from before november, but I expect prices to go back down to pre-december levels and then start a slower climb. The ones I think are hodling are those who got in during december's rise and bought bitcoin above 10k.

I was lucky enough to sell my alts when they were around their ATH.   I sold most and left the rest in my wallet and don't really worry about the price.  I got my money back, and made a pretty good profit.  So technically, I'm hodling, but only about 3-4 coins. 

The rest I'm trying to get those ICO coins that I couldn't get into earlier as they come on the exchanges. 

I will say though, I made a pretty good profit vs. what I invested, I bought mining equipment and at these prices it'll take longer to pay those things off than I was expecting.  But they are generating revenue.   

So I'm hoping the prices go up enough to where I can sell my earnings to pay off the rigs. Then, the price can fluctuate all day long and I'll be dippity do da fine.

So I'm hoping for around a 13-15k bitcoin.   Beyond that, thrilled.

PT
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:04:04 AM

Actually, all the holders do not want the price to drop, but they can keep with their tokens, they need funds to keep that. So I think this is a signal that market will recover soon.

Right now the market are slowly recovering, the value of bitcoin and altcoins are slow increasingly. I still holding my token and wait for the price going to high. Hold is better than sell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: