Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will lose it's dominance this year  (Read 407 times)
cgriswold (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:45:10 AM

ERC20 tokens are a pain in the ass.  When looking for new altcoins I would rather download a new blockchain/node than add another token.  Why is this?  because I have attempted to download the enormous Ether BChain and never can complete the final 250 to 300 blocks.  (I have read & tried many fixes...but it remains a pita). 

If I feel this way, there are hundreds of thousands of others with same opinion. 

In looking for Ethereum competitors, I found an article from Medium: ”2018 Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Platform” It compared the six top cryptos for business.  The comparison was unbiased and provided clear comparisons.  Ethereum has peaked.  Looks like best competitors are XLM (Stellar) or ARDR (Ardor). In my opinion, I would bet on ARDR due to zero transaction cost and has a solution for blockchain bloat (big issue for me). the article can be found here -> https://medium.com/@dennis_z/2018-blockchain-as-a-service-baas-platform-review-part-i-a5483321dfb8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
derigop

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:57:43 AM

I think it is not going to happen. More ICO's that are growing the Ethereum will be used. Because many ICO's use Ethereum in exchanging token. So I don't think the article you are sharing is not reliable enough to believed.
dreamerXXI

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:59:44 AM

Unless a better platform takes over, I don't see that happening, to the contrary, I think ETH will grow stronger because there are a lot more ICOs that are going to use it.
myworkstrade

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:03:28 AM

I think not going to happen ico is booming today and stoll lots of ico keep coming. Then eth will upgrade there playform I think they will implement the Proof of stake soon. So its a game changer again to cryptocurrency tome will come eth will mooning same with bitcpin lots of good developments and future of eth and lots of investors. Good luck

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

XBY-Guy

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

In XBY we trust

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:04:22 AM

No, not this year, even not next year.  Wink

XTRABYTES - The Proof Of Signature Blockchain Revolution (https://xtrabytes.global)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:09:19 AM

for better or worse too much of the landscape is now in bed with ethereum for anything to happen this year.

beyond that it could go either way. if it really is a pain in the ass, and i wouldn't know, then new projects may well choose better platforms. it depends on whether the existing ethereum projects continue to grow or those new ones get bigger.

in that scenario then i could imagine ethereum starting to fade if these projects on other platforms are demonstrably superior. we're still in the earliest of early days for all this stuff and especially when it comes to platform coins there's a lot still to play for.
cgriswold (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:15:01 AM

that is the point of the article.  there are better platforms now.  Ethereum is not in the tech lead, value will begin to slowly drop IMHO>
Bernardo lewanusa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:16:50 AM

Ethereum will still grow into larger coins, as many of its new coins use eth platfrom.
For now it is eth price slump, but it takes time to rise again. That's my opinion  Grin
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:26:14 AM

that is the point of the article.  there are better platforms now.  Ethereum is not in the tech lead, value will begin to slowly drop IMHO>

network effect destroys tech advantages every day of the week, even when it's an area as tech dependent as this.

there may well be better systems out there right now but the longer ethereum stays at the top the less likely people are to investigate other coins and the more willing they are to put up with ethereum's foibles.

there are loads of areas where an alternative is unquestionably better. that doesn't really matter if it never took off. that's not how it should be, but it is that way and it always will be.

the only question is whether the whole platform thing is early enough in the game for something to usurp ethereum. every day ethereum is ahead makes it less likely.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:35:38 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to disagree that ETH is on the way out.  All the ICO tokens is THE reason why it will remain a viable coin.  Without Gas, they're stuck, so people will continue to buy ETH.  Many DEX only have ETH trading pairs too, so there's another reason why it will stick around.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:36:44 AM

we all know that all crypto has not shown significant growth this year.

but ethereum still dominates the market with the top 2 and has a markep cap of 68 billion dollars. this market cap has not been added from other altcoins that use the ethereum platform, so there is still hope for the ethereum to bounce back.

we need to know that there are many other coins that are better than the ethereum, the waves and the neo need to be considered, it's just that many others do not care about it.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:44:28 AM

Ethereum get the spotlight because of its smart contract that very useful then if there are other projects which has better technology then maybe ethereum will lose it's dominance this year. But I don't see any project which has better concept and technology than ETH.

xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:56:38 AM

The most depressing thing for the ETH holders is that, no matter how much the fee is raised, many of the deals will be rejected.

The BTC can also increase the handling fee to be quickly confirmed, the ETH jam seems to have no solution.

As trading volume and block increase, the dominant position will be lost!
cgriswold (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:10:18 AM

The most depressing thing for the ETH holders is that, no matter how much the fee is raised, many of the deals will be rejected.

The BTC can also increase the handling fee to be quickly confirmed, the ETH jam seems to have no solution.

As trading volume and block increase, the dominant position will be lost!

agreed.  ETH is slow and becoming more expensive.  I'm in BTC since 2013 and remember the start for ETH at $3.00 - no fanfare, easy to use back then and smart contracts.  It was best tech in the day.  BTC was the best tech once as well.   ETH isn't going away, but don't think there will be much more price appreciation; and the best new ICOs will move to the newer, faster, less expensive platforms.
OneMillionToken

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:34:51 AM

Not now, a lot of new ICO's use Ethereum in exchanging token .
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:17:02 AM

ERC20 tokens are a pain in the ass.  When looking for new altcoins I would rather download a new blockchain/node than add another token.  Why is this?  because I have attempted to download the enormous Ether BChain and never can complete the final 250 to 300 blocks.  (I have read & tried many fixes...but it remains a pita). 

If I feel this way, there are hundreds of thousands of others with same opinion. 

In looking for Ethereum competitors, I found an article from Medium: ”2018 Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Platform” It compared the six top cryptos for business.  The comparison was unbiased and provided clear comparisons.  Ethereum has peaked.  Looks like best competitors are XLM (Stellar) or ARDR (Ardor). In my opinion, I would bet on ARDR due to zero transaction cost and has a solution for blockchain bloat (big issue for me). the article can be found here -> https://medium.com/@dennis_z/2018-blockchain-as-a-service-baas-platform-review-part-i-a5483321dfb8
I think not, eth is still going to be widely used for altcoin platfrom emerging. So for the future eth will continue to grow again.
For now it all decreased in price.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hadarula

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:24:54 AM

Of course not. This year it will grow and show its dominance.

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
cgriswold (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:14:32 PM

Another article in regard to issues with Ethereum.  https://medium.com/@skylar.hurwitz/ethereums-reign-as-ico-king-may-soon-be-at-an-end-f2cadeff9c31    ETH will lose more and more of the new ICOs according to this read
Riga

Activity: 784
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:37:44 PM

Medium is not a very authoritative edition for me. And I don't believe that ETH will lose leadership. At the moment, ETH doesn't have strong competitors. Seychs is the most convenient platform for creating tokens.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:51:44 PM

I disagree, because of different reasons. Look only at the Ethereum transaction who are made for new tokens (icos). A big part of this transactions are in Ethereum and there are more and more upcoming ICOs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: